REVIEW: Nutty Buddy-Protectin the Boys!

Drago, I understand where you're coming from on the rates. We do not receive any discount or bulk shipping rates, we're too small, but I still feel that we do charge a fair rate and offer several international shipping options. I hope you're going to order, once you do you will realize that protecting your boys is worth the $24 dollars in shipping.

krazylarry - For a great video review of the NuttyBuddy while taking direct blows, kicks, punches, elbows, watch Don Gulla's video on youtube. Don Gulla is the founder of Gulla Arrestling and wore our product during sparring sessions. He rates the product 4.5/5 and explains how the cup absorped the brunt of the blows he took while wearing the cup. Go to Youtube and search for "Gulla Arrestling" and look for nuttybuddy review.

Thanks,

-Perry
NuttyBuddy Inc.
877.NuttyBuddy

I've got to echo the comments of some of the other guys here - when I've had some of the stronger or more active guys in my guard, the relatively unpadded edge of the cup can jab and hurt. Nothing too bad, I'm still going to use the NB but maybe they'll come up with a padded MMA specialized cup one of these days....

NB does have someone who monitors the board and is great with questions and suggestions. I'm sure it's something they will look in to.

Bank, great suggestion. I strongly agree that we could find a way to develop a cup with more padding around the edges which would benefit MMA guys. I will pass the suggestion along and see where we want to go with it. As far as your previous groin protectors, what did you wear or did you wear anything? How many guys are using the steel or metal protectors? I'd imagine those are very uncomfortable and probably pretty heavy as well.

Thanks,

-Perry

I have a small collection of cups including a Twins Special steel cup and a couple of shock docs. The shock docs shift too much and I'm afraid of pinching. The steel cup feels bullet proof and doesn't shift much when tied down with the thong strap (!), but it's heavy,big enough to almost change the way I walk, and sticks out far enough that I'm afraid I'd get arrested if I wore it home after class.

Either that or propositioned.

My nutty buddy is comfortable and discrete enough I often leave it on after class for the walk home.

Has anyone used the NB during striking, boxing, MT? Or have you just used it for BBJ?

It just saved me from nut shot yesterday at muay thai. The guy I was sparring threw a leg kick that was a little off and hit the cup. Felt the shot hit the cup, but no pain at all. Granted, it was light sparring, but still was happy with the result.

I felt the NB was uncomfortable at 1st, but after warmups I really forgot I had it on. didn't use it for BJJ yet but will tonight since we did half guard escapes last week, and i could've used it.

Bank, great suggestion. I strongly agree that we could find a way to develop a cup with more padding around the edges which would benefit MMA guys. I will pass the suggestion along and see where we want to go with it. As far as your previous groin protectors, what did you wear or did you wear anything? How many guys are using the steel or ****l protectors? I'd imagine those are very uncomfortable and probably pretty heavy as well.

Thanks,

-Perry

That would be a great improvement. I like the NB a lot for striking but with grappling, it requires a little more proactive adjustments so that it's comfortable. The extra padding would help.

I don't get it....if it sits over the compression shorts and under the jock (rather than actually in the jock) what the heck prevents it from just falling right out? If it sat in the jock that obviously would, but if it's really just in between the two without being IN either one of them, it seems like wrestling around a little bit would have it move right on out. Definitely confusing.

Also, I have a bunch of Under Armour compression shorts. Can I just wear it over those and under any old inexpensive jock strap I can pick up at the sporting store, or do I need some fancy expensive jock strap?

Definitely confused about what keeps it from falling out though.:redface:

I don't get it....if it sits over the compression shorts and under the jock (rather than actually in the jock) what the heck prevents it from just falling right out? If it sat in the jock that obviously would, but if it's really just in between the two without being IN either one of them, it seems like wrestling around a little bit would have it move right on out. Definitely confusing.

Also, I have a bunch of Under Armour compression shorts. Can I just wear it over those and under any old inexpensive jock strap I can pick up at the sporting store, or do I need some fancy expensive jock strap?

Definitely confused about what keeps it from falling out though.:redface:

Yes that is how it works. I'm unsure about the physics of it but I can say it DOES work. Yes the UA compression shorts (not ones that accept a cup just regular comp shorts) and a regular jock work.

Nice review, but I noticed the Shock Doctor cup being compared there wasn't the Steel Alloy cup.

The reason being, I don't have the steel alloy cup. I only tried to show a comparison of what I (and others) already used. If I can get my hands on an alloy cup, I'll add more photos.

The reason being, I don't have the steel alloy cup. I only tried to show a comparison of what I (and others) already used. If I can get my hands on an alloy cup, I'll add more photos.

That's understandable. It maybe should be noted that the Carbon Flex cup or whatever it's called is arguably Shock Doctor's worst cup, and when comparing other cups to the Nutty Buddy, the alloy cup would be a better competitor strength and durability wise.

Does anyone have any experience with the 'Bio-Flex cup'...i just purchased that because I lost the original cup that came with my SD compression shorts...i think it was the Carbon Flex lol

I think in MT they even practice "body hardening" on these parts so they dont need to wear cups.
50+ kicks a day is painful at first but you get used to it.

Does anyone have any experience with the 'Bio-Flex cup'...i just purchased that because I lost the original cup that came with my SD compression shorts...i think it was the Carbon Flex lol

I got the Bioflex cup with my Shock Doc compression shorts. Very light and comfortable, but then again I'm already used to wearing heavy steel thai cups.

From pictures, the Carbon Flex cup looks similar to the BioFlex, but with a dark ****llic "shield" screwed onto the front of the cup.

Back