Revisiting Past Situations

Brother Numsi

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I remember back in the day I met my former roommate and his girlfriend at this bar not too far from our spot after I got off work.

It was his girl’s turn to buy drinks so she went to the bar. This one cat in a leather NASCAR jacket approached her and started spitting game or what not. She mostly ignored him and then finally said she had a boyfriend waiting for her at our table. The guy comes over kind of nervous like and says he didn’t know she had a man and said everything is cool and left. At the time I thought the guy was just trying to play it cool so he wouldn’t get a beatdown from her bouncer boyfriend.

But in retrospect, I thought of something: when he approached her he didn’t introduce himself or ask her who she was there with. That’s the first thing you ask a woman you meet in a bar/club: her name and who she’s with so you know what chance you got. You gotta be smooth and charming at first contact

But this cat wasn’t trying to be smooth or charming. He was talking to her like they had met before. Didn’t even ask her name just came right at her full tilt. Dude wasn’t intoxicated and didn’t seem like a total sleaze ball. He walked away as soon as she told him her boyfriend was there.

My theory: she had probably hooked up with that guy recently and he saw her again and was like “what’s up baby! Wanna go for Round 2?” Why else would she stand there why this guy is in her personal space and talking dirty to her when they have never met? Her bouncer boyfriend and a big security guard were nearby if the guy got outta line. She came back to the table after he had gone with our drinks and wasn’t even bothered by it.

A man hitting on a pretty woman is nothing new. But you don’t talk like that to a woman you just met because you have no idea how she’ll respond. That’s also why he probably came over to our table because he wanted to know if her boyfriend knew anything. Why not just apologize to her and move along?

What y’all think? You think she was creeping or crept with homeboy? Just curious for some Sherbro opinions.

I remember back in the day I met my former roommate and his girlfriend at this bar not too far from our spot after I got off work.

It was his girl’s turn to buy drinks so she went to the bar. This one cat in a leather NASCAR jacket approached her and started spitting game or what not. She mostly ignored him and then finally said she had a boyfriend waiting for her at our table. The guy comes over kind of nervous like and says he didn’t know she had a man and said everything is cool and left. At the time I thought the guy was just trying to play it cool so he wouldn’t get a beatdown from her bouncer boyfriend.

But in retrospect, I thought of something: when he approached her he didn’t introduce himself or ask her who she was there with. That’s the first thing you ask a woman you meet in a bar/club: her name and who she’s with so you know what chance you got. You gotta be smooth and charming at first contact

But this cat wasn’t trying to be smooth or charming. He was talking to her like they had met before. Didn’t even ask her name just came right at her full tilt. Dude wasn’t intoxicated and didn’t seem like a total sleaze ball. He walked away as soon as she told him her boyfriend was there.

My theory: she had probably hooked up with that guy recently and he saw her again and was like “what’s up baby! Wanna go for Round 2?” Why else would she stand there why this guy is in her personal space and talking dirty to her when they have never met? Her bouncer boyfriend and a big security guard were nearby if the guy got outta line. She came back to the table after he had gone with our drinks and wasn’t even bothered by it.

A man hitting on a pretty woman is nothing new. But you don’t talk like that to a woman you just met because you have no idea how she’ll respond. That’s also why he probably came over to our table because he wanted to know if her boyfriend knew anything. Why not just apologize to her and move along?

What y’all think? You think she was creeping or crept with homeboy? Just curious for some Sherbro opinions.
Not completely sure what, "talk like that" means in this case.

But I've made out with (or done more with) women in a couple minutes of meeting, without interviewing them first. Is normal.

Not completely sure what, "talk like that" means in this case.

But I've made out with (or done more with) women in a couple minutes of meeting, without interviewing them first. Is normal.

What do you mean ‘talk like that?’??? Like what?

I’ve done the same a few times with women but usually we make eye contact and exchange a few pleasantries for a minute before we go there. You gotta feel them out a bit

This guy went straight in and she just stared straight ahead. She was a very outspoken chick and would tell guys to eff off in a heartbeat. I’m guessing she didn’t want to cause any drama because homeboy might have spilled the beans and said he already clapped her cheeks

Now I could be wrong obviously, but the way she brushed the whole thing off and he got nervous makes me think otherwise

when I was younger, that was how I would approach women tbh, you just start talking like you know them, never put them on a pedestal, and if I was brushed off, didnt matter much, and moved on.

What do you mean ‘talk like that?’??? Like what?

I’ve done the same a few times with women but usually we make eye contact and exchange a few pleasantries for a minute before we go there. You gotta feel them out a bit

This guy went straight in and she just stared straight ahead. She was a very outspoken chick and would tell guys to eff off in a heartbeat. I’m guessing she didn’t want to cause any drama because homeboy might have spilled the beans and said he already clapped her cheeks

Now I could be wrong obviously, but the way she brushed the whole thing off and he got nervous makes me think otherwise
too much tension is built up with eye contact, gotta catch them offguard IMO. If you linger too much, her friends can come around and brush you off, time is of the essence.

when I was younger, that was how I would approach women tbh, you just start talking like you know them, never put them on a pedestal, and if I was brushed off, didnt matter much, and moved on.
Me too. If you're nice and a boyfriend is present it's usually going to be okay. Reminds of a couple years ago when I lived in Vegas and a HOT CHICK IN YOGA PANTS almost got me beat up. (Or so I had thought.)

Story: I went down the street to the neighborhood tavern to play some video poker. Took a while but I finally won decent money. Few hundred bucks or so. HOT CHICK IN YOGA PANTS was sitting next to me and congratulated me on winning. I had noticed she had lost and was sipping her drink watching television so I threw her a Ben Franklin and said I get half of what you win. She agrees and starts playing. Enter HUGE NFL SIZED BOYFRIEND who had been on the other side of the bar. They start talking and he comes over to me. Oh, shit. Here we go.
Him: Did you give my lady money?
Me: Um, yeah.
Him: That was nice of you but we pay our own way. (hands me a Franklin)
Me: Sorry about that.
Him: No hard feelings. I'm not mad.
Me(sizing him up and laughing): That's a relief. Thought I was going to have to kick your ass.
Him(laughing): Glad I avoided that.
He left to go the restroom and I said to YOGA PANTS: Is he mad?
Her(laughing) No. He's cool. He likes you.
Me: That's a relief.

Me too. If you're nice and a boyfriend is present it's usually going to be okay. Reminds of a couple years ago when I lived in Vegas and a HOT CHICK IN YOGA PANTS almost got me beat up. (Or so I had thought.)

Story: I went down the street to the neighborhood tavern to play some video poker. Took a while but I finally won decent money. Few hundred bucks or so. HOT CHICK IN YOGA PANTS was sitting next to me and congratulated me on winning. I had noticed she had lost and was sipping her drink watching television so I threw her a Ben Franklin and said I get half of what you win. She agrees and starts playing. Enter HUGE NFL SIZED BOYFRIEND who had been on the other side of the bar. They start talking and he comes over to me. Oh, shit. Here we go.
Him: Did you give my lady money?
Me: Um, yeah.
Him: That was nice of you but we pay our own way. (hands me a Franklin)
Me: Sorry about that.
Him: No hard feelings. I'm not mad.
Me(sizing him up and laughing): That's a relief. Thought I was going to have to kick your ass.
Him(laughing): Glad I avoided that.
He left to go the restroom and I said to YOGA PANTS: Is he mad?
Her(laughing) No. He's cool. He likes you.
Me: That's a relief.

Boyfriend ain’t insecure that you took a shot at his woman. That’s a cool trait to have

My former roommate played it cool too but that guy was getting too familiar. She wasn’t even my girl and even I was like “homie is a little too close big dog” lol

Decent theory.

Maybe she's a stripper and he knew her from tittie bar.

good-guy-greg-on-storytelling-photo-u2

Why would he feel the need to go apologize if he didn't think he was gonna get beat up? Yeah she was probably a hoe and he hit, or he didn't, idk.

Back