Rick and Morty season 3 discussion

I watched this week's episode on mushrooms. Was fun and quite intense at times lol

Awesome episode. Made a bunch of gifs.

R%2526M%2B-%2BMorty%2BSlug.gif

R%2526M%2B-%2BTrue%2BLevel%2BBitch.gif

R%2526M%2B-%2BOrgasmic%2BAlien.gif

R%2526M%2B-%2BSo%2Bmuch%2Bto%2Blearn%2Bfrom%2Byou.gif

R%2526M%2B-%2BI%2BShouldn%2527t%2BHave%2BDoubted.gif

R%2526M%2B-%2BChick%2BMagnet.gif

Anyone else feel a bit uncomfortable with the pedo vibe?

One segment has a guy accused of pedophilia, the next has Rick demanding Morty remove his shirt. Then Rick tricks Morty into jerking off an alien. And gets him onto a device that gets him off.

Funny as hell, but odd choices.

Anyone else feel a bit uncomfortable with the pedo vibe?

One segment has a guy accused of pedophilia, the next has Rick demanding Morty remove his shirt. Then Rick tricks Morty into jerking off an alien. And gets him onto a device that gets him off.

Funny as hell, but odd choices.
They love to create laughter out of outrage. Remember the first season, where Rick invited Morty in the shower, naked? That was just to prevent prude aliens to watch them.

You might be one of these aliens if the pedo vibe bothers you! ;)

Last episode was funny, but nothing like the Evil Morty arc...

For a split second I thought we were witnessing the origin story of Evil Morty, especially when Mr. Poopy Butthole made an appearance (possible sign of a universe switch).

Summer put a quick end to that theory though. Great episode, start to finish.

Funny that this episode was all about mind's getting blown, because I got super high before watching and the take on The Sandman in the opening scene completely blew my mind.
Did Morty murder a bunch of alt-universe Jessicas with Rick's device?
I think those were girls who fits Jessica's description.

I like the sorta shout out to the Trailer Park Boys "Rickyism's" . Its granted not granite Rick.

Does anyone else think Summer's comment at the end about Rick and Morty always fighting with each other and being behind schedule was a reference to Justin Roland and Dan Harmon?

Does anyone else think Summer's comment at the end about Rick and Morty always fighting with each other and being behind schedule was a reference to Justin Roland and Dan Harmon?

I hope so. Fuckers made us wait almost a year and a half. Know what that it is in Jerry time????. A MICRO NANO SECOND.

It was. The addressed that themselves.

Good fighting, though, not bad. Passion for the project.

Morty's Mindblowers was amazing.

That damn lightswitch and the big boobed red head magnet had me gasping.

This weeks episode was great. Last weeks episode however was absolutely fucking masterful, easily the best episode to date and one of the smartest funniest episodes of anything I've seen in a long time.

Wow just watched Pickle Rick

<36><36><36><36>

I actually enjoyed the yahoo season a lot.
I've gone through Community now, and I can say that the first three seasons are gold.

The third found a way to self reference their rehashing and product placement as a means to an end, and was superb in terms of witty, irony-laden writing.

Then I started watching the fourth season, and you could tell that everyone was off. They were saying and doing things that weren't really funny or smart, more like being told what to do by a bad impressionist doing Dan Harmon stuff. Which is weird, because they still had a lot of the same writers and directors, and actors obviously. When the characters started saying stuff like "i hate self reference humor", they weren't really taking the subject and pulling it apart anymore, they were just telling you what you already knew.

The fifth season was good, but Troy leaving kind of killed the show for me. The dynamic was totally off, and Abed became a depressing background character doing goofy shit instead of the grounded metabot who instructed the audience on everything awesome while kickin' it with his best bud.

The sixth season is okay, but you can tell that Dan was now busy doing Rick and Morty shit and the show suffered from it. The 28 minute Honda commercial was no where as good as the Subway stuff. It ended up getting creepy.

Honestly? They seemed to have made so many "would be" finales because of the ratings and their perpetual wonder if they'd make it the next year. At this point, I kind of like to think the series ended after the Season 3 finale, and the rest is kind of like DLC. It works well.

I have to catch up the last episode I saw was the mad max episode which was funny AF this show is very badly promoted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back