Rigo did not break his hand.

The Can Opener

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Dino Duva(Rigo's promoter)confirmed today that Rigo suffered from a bruised left hand in the Loma fight but nothing was actually broken. Good news if he plans to fight again soon but the people who think he just quit will probably be emboldened by the fact nothing was broken.

Also for some inexplicable reason the WBA is going to strip him of his legit belt in his actual weight class and give it to Flores who Rigo knocked out in just one round in his last fight which was later deemed a no contest.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/12/rigondeauxs-left-hand-not-broken-says-promoter-dino-duva/

Rigo might as well hang them up. he wont get any fights. fans arent interested in him, so tv doesnt want him. with his quitting and demands, promoters wont want him. and managers wont want him because he will be considered too dangerous. what a strange career that should have been so much better

That's a very sad ending to a career that should have been godlike.

Why the fuck would the WBA strip him? It’s bullshit.

Two Handed Rigo stops Loma in 10.
I want a rematch

Damn! From here on, that's everyone's first thought when Rigondeaux is mentioned. Shame.

Anyone think its weird that Lomas last 4 fights have all been RTD? Like your a pro boxer at the highest of levels. Why the hell are you quitting? Loma is not GGG and Rigo wasn't getting hit that much. I've seen fighters take way more punishment and not quit. Rigo has never shown me before that he's a fighter with no heart. Quite the opposite. Fighting loma is frustrating but to quit because of frustration doesn't sit right with me. Be like Canelo quitting against Floyd.

This is of course if Rigos hand wasn't troubling him as much as he made out.

it was clearly not broken, he just decided to give up as he clearly had no chance of winning and actually cares for his health

better fighters than him have given up in similair circumstances, deal with it or go watch thick motherfuckers get brain damage being brave in the UFC

Told you the fight was fixed and Rigo didn't even injure his hand and only made Loma miss 99% of his punches to prove a point. But I don't care what Rigo does because he should of never threw that fight to began with. Just retire Rigo we don't need this type of garbage in boxing anymore.

This is of course if Rigos hand wasn't troubling him as much as he made out.
Well i dont know which sounds worse....that rigo just quit out of frustration...
Or his confirmed BRUISED hand hurt so bad he quit

<{chips}>

Lets be honest here,

The only thing "confirmed" was rigondeaux's cop-out that he broke his hand(that he couldnt remember which was which)

SMH

Why the fuck would the WBA strip him? It’s bullshit.
I think he still has his WBA belt. I know Rigo is pretty clearly done as a fighter, but he could go back to 122 and still smack the champs around if they're willing to fight him. Vargas, Iwasa and Magdaleno are nothing special and they'd all be eaten by Rigo, even one hand Rigo, as appetizers.

Told you the fight was fixed and Rigo didn't even injure his hand and only made Loma miss 99% of his punches to prove a point. But I don't care what Rigo does because he should of never threw that fight to began with. Just retire Rigo we don't need this type of garbage in boxing anymore.
LOL yeah whatever you say.....

Lets be honest here,

The only thing "confirmed" was rigondeaux's cop-out that he broke his hand(that he couldnt remember which was which)

SMH

ive heard reports that rigo first claimed that it was his right hand, then in all likelihood he wisely said that it was his left hand as his right hand probably was not one of the 15 punches that he landed on loma

I don't really think this makes a huge difference considering a broken hand is never really justification to quit, anyway. You'd think his promoter would just go with it and bullshit like promoters normally do in such a situation, though. Either way, it really is a terrible look for Rigondeaux, but I guess he was content getting his paycheck and keeping his health.

As a fan of his that bums me out. Really shitty ending to an increidble talent.

I think he still has his WBA belt. I know Rigo is pretty clearly done as a fighter, but he could go back to 122 and still smack the champs around if they're willing to fight him. Vargas, Iwasa and Magdaleno are nothing special and they'd all be eaten by Rigo, even one hand Rigo, as appetizers.

Like I said the WBA is going to strip him of his 122 pound belt and give it to the guy who pretended that Rigo knocked him out after the bell in the first round of his previous fight.

Since Rigo demands more money than most guys get at his weight no one of note will fight him when he doesn't have a belt so he is pretty screwed at the moment. If he couldn't get fights as the champ imagine how unwilling named fighters will be to get in the ring with someone who could easily beat them and who casuals see as a quitter at this point. Losing to him would be awful for anyone's career and beating him wouldn't mean much either considering how he looked against Loma. With no belt he is more duckable than ever before.

Like I said the WBA is going to strip him of his 122 pound belt and give it to the guy who pretended that Rigo knocked him out after the bell in the first round of his previous fight.

Since Rigo demands more money than most guys get at his weight no one of note will fight him when he doesn't have a belt so he is pretty screwed at the moment. If he couldn't get fights as the champ imagine how unwilling named fighters will be to get in the ring with someone who could easily beat them and who casuals see as a quitter at this point. Losing to him would be awful for anyone's career and beating him wouldn't mean much either considering how he looked against Loma. With no belt he is more duckable than ever before.

He's done making any meaningful paydays unless someone like Frampton or LSC think he's declined so much that they'd be willing to fight him just for the name on their resume (and at that point fighting him probably wouldn't be worth it because it would be viewed very negatively in the boxing community). Hell, I think a big motivator for him even deciding to give up so much to fight Lomachenko (and then quit in such embarrassing fashion) was because him and his team realized that was pretty much their last chance to make any kind of money in the sport.

Back