RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2016: Final Round (Discussion) DEC 31 1:00AM EST (TONIGHT!)

It was custom made for RIZIN, the watch company is one of their sponsors. You can buy a cheaper retail version for ~ 2k.
Just seems like an overpriced watch they slapped a high msrp on. Doesnt have a name like Rolex or breitling. I could be wrong but that watch and spare tickets to a cruise they had laying around seemed a bit cheesy and very cheap.

This moment reminds me of lot of his 06 OWGP win, you can see how much this sport means to him and the journey he took to get here. He's not in his prime anymore, he's not that quick, explosive Cro Cop of old but the old lion still has something left in the tank and he's not to be underestimated. His experience and fortitude won him this fight and it is a pleasure to watch him fight after all these years, he's a big part of why I got into MMA and why I stayed a fan. He's my favourite MMA fighter of all time and I will always support Mirko and the manly tears he shed showed that he wasn't here to just collect a paycheck, this tourney meant something to him. He's a true mixed martial artist, a true fighter.

Nothing on this card was as good as the 29/12 card, but I still enjoyed it overall. The pointless matches turned out to be pointless (Saiga vs West, Sakurai vs Sakata), the freakshow was freakish, the promising matches were entertaining (Kron, Tokoro), and on the whole I thought the OWGP was interesting and gave us a better feel for the level of the participants. There wasnt anything on the level of Wada vs France, Kitaoka vs Cruickshank or Nascimento vs Motoya. Maybe they should consolidate their NYE events on 1 card in the future. In any case, I had a good time watching.

hayden-panettiere-w-champagne.gif

That was so fun. Gosh..I hate they make us wait so long for more Rizin. This NYE show was better than last years imo. Nothing was better than the very first Rizin show yet. I think that was the benchmark in terms of how good these early Rizin events can be early on. Solid performances by Cro Cop, Gracie, Aliakbari,Gabi and Tenshin. I'd say Rena was struggling a bit too much for my liking, but she's clearly the IT girl in JMMA. Lastly, the name value was a bit lacking in comparison of past NYE shows which I think is a good thing to not overpay for talent like Bob Sapp & Akebono who came out like thieves monetary wise.

Happy new years to all the hardcore MMA fans.

Goodnight guys. I have to go jack it to Japanese women with natural D's

This was such an excellent two days (even with Joe Warren's commentary and Gabi Garcia assaulting a senior citizen).

Tenshin Nasukawa is gonna be a huge star if he keeps winning. Kron Gracie proving he's a beast in MMA too against a great vet. Cro Cop KO'ing King Mo who had to be a big favorite and then winning the entire tournament. Lots of dope fights from both nights and it all started with that crazy back and forth war with Cruickshank and Satoru Kitaoka.

Amazing couple of days.

Back