Road House Remake Discussion Thread Starring Conor McGregor

woah an MMA fighter isn't the best actor in his first role? Color me surprised.

fkn dorks

It's bizarre how they make you aggressively shill for even a Conor movie.
What's embarassing is you too won't even say whether or not you've even watched the movie, or whether you're just relying on others to tell you what to think for your opinion.

Youz a small man too ye cunt.

0_1b2PNG.png

Conor is going to take each bad review personally and we are in for a few assaults I think <bringit>
Remember when Uwe Boll hand-picked 5 critics of his shitty movies and challenged them to boxing matches?

I mean yeah you could see that from the trailer haha.

Wasn’t the plan originally for Ronda to flop in this remake? I feel like I remember that

All the fan reviews I’m seeing on ig and tiktok say that it was a decent action flick and Conor was one of the better parts and very funny

Interesting how the pseudo intellectual film reviewers on these sorts of website are the only ones thrashing the b league action flick
Probably because anyone who uses Instagram and TikTok has a very low IQ.

<WellThere>

I literally just finished watching it like 8 minutes ago. Conor is pretty cringe, but he is so badly hamming it up that I was howling, lol. His acting was pretty much what I expected. However, I didn't expect some of the dodgy CGI and weird camera angles for the fight scenes.

Makes me want to throw on the OG Roadhouse for old times sake.

Wife and I just watched it. It was okay for what it is.

The CGI scenes were a little to "fast and furious-esque" or maybe Jason Statham-esque...

The story wasn't horrible.

I think Conor played his character well. Knox just isn't some deep, impressively written character. More like a bull in a China shop which he did well.

Outside of the name sake, it really didn't do much to remind of the original, but I also haven't watched the original in 15 years.

I heard Nate landed his own movie lead role
Escape from New York 2: Escape From Stockton
Nate Plissken finds himself imprisoned in the megaprison called the UFC Apex, he has to fight out his contract against the toughest foes in the world. Will he survive to fight out his contract? Coming to theatres near you summer 2024.

Don’t get me wrong, the fight scenes were intense. You can tell Conor knows his stuff there. But acting? It’s more than just throwing punches. His lines felt a bit off, like he was trying too hard. And you know how he’s usually so charismatic in interviews? Didn’t see much of that in his performance.

From what I have seen in the trailer, he was forcing way too much. He has the potential but the director should have told him to dial it from 10 to an 8, and it would have been much better imo rather than coming off cartoonish. He was probably off his face on drugs during those scenes anyway.

I feel bad for Jake. He is such a good actor to get a bad rap for co starring in a great 80's movie remake with a terrible fighter/actor/coke head/ drunk.

As per IMDB - Roadhouse

Here’s some of the more complimentary ones I could find

“I'm not sure why they attempt to remake such strong 80s movies and think just by sticking in some expensive looking choreographed fight scenes that people would ignore the terrible scripting. Why they decided to cast McGregor, is beyond me. Possibly the worst acting I've ever seen, so wooden and boring it really ruined an ok film. Jake as usual was great, acting was very solid, you can tell he does his homework. I did get a bit bored half-way through and thought about turning it off but the optimist in me wanted to see if anything did improve. It's not going to win many awards and don't think McGregor has much of an acting career ahead of him.”

——————

“I was expecting a fun action movie, and it started well. Jake is great (as youd expect), and so are most of the supporting cast.

There are also some fun moments and lines. But then Conor Mcgregor turns up and it goes down hill fast. He really can't act, and just stomps around spouting cringe one liners that he can't pull off. You'd also expect at least his fight scenes to be good, but they weren't.

With another actor in the Mcgregor role this could have been a great action movie.

The fight scenes are hit and miss with some looking very fake with some bad cgi at times too. In fact the cgi is pretty poor in general.”

Terrible movie can't even watch with family conors gotta be walking around naked for just because??

The movie was just so weird the crap story goes along the. You have conors character just in and out with one or 2 word lines

I feel bad for Jake. He is such a good actor to get a bad rap for co starring in a great 80's movie remake with a terrible fighter/actor/coke head/ drunk.
Jake must be getting a bag for being in this. He’s way too good of an actor to be doing this type of a movie.

Back