Road House Remake Discussion Thread Starring Conor McGregor

what would you give it, out of 10

Fans of transformers will eat this film up as 10/10.
Anyone who saw the original will rate this 4/10 at best.

Have you seen the film "unleashed" ...
it has a 7/10 on imdb.
Apparently a man acting like a dog is 7/10 cinema.
Road House the remake will settle at 9/10 on imdb, and 4/10 on rotten tomatoes.

It was worse than bad 80s movies, completely soul-less,
but visually looked like a commercial for UFC video games.
LOOKS more modern than 80s movies... but far more brain dead than the original classic.

Frankly, remaking road house was dumb.
Remaking the plot to shoehorn Conor "one-liners" on a boat... really defeats the entire "road house" plot.

Conor lines "i love clubbing" while holding a golf club, and it's a wood instead of an iron. idiotic.
"our own little octagon" ... describing a boat / dingy, which is strictly for Jake to mock him.

The film lacks real bar fight scenes.
They have these video-game-promo camera movements instead.
Commercial filming techniques and less brawling stunts.

I’m about 2 minutes into the movie right now.

It opens up with Post Malone beating some guy up with one of his shitty SoundCloud rap country songs in the background.

I don’t know if I can do this boys.

iu

I figured Doug Liman/Jake Gyllenhaal would potentially be able to do something interesting with the needless remake of Road House - and McGregor would be an irritating distraction but I could otherwise enjoy the film. Throwing it directly onto Prime with no theatrical release against Liman's wishes did not really make me too enthuastic. Was gonna watch it anyway from Prime one slow night here.

But now from some posts in this thread I gather they have replaced Jeff Healey's role (both onscreen and on soundtrack) with Post Malone? Or did I misunderstand? If not:

1) I am feeling old about this
2) I am so much out of the loop with the Post Malones of the world
3) fuck this shit

This is pulling a rug from under me. Swingers and Go were VERY important movies for me back in the day, time, place and my age combined and Doug Liman was the Man.

Goddamnit.

Last edited:
Watched the new Road House last night, its exactly what you expect it to be from the trailers, big and dumb with a bunch of ridiculous characters delivering cheesy lines during a nonstop rollercoaster of chaos filled with fights, broken, bones, bullets, explosions, boat races, chases and crashes as far as the eye can see!
Conor McGregor was so outrageously over the top with his portrayal of the main tough guy, it was basically the real Conor turned up to 11, that he stole the show in hilarious fashion
He spends a decent amount of screen time strutting around naked as a jay bird too so if you've ever wondered if he has nice cheeks I can definitely confirm hes got a firm looking bubble back there
Jake Gyllenhaal was basically doing a non mutant version of Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool with the way he was delivering his lines and ass whoopings, I very much appreciated he worked in a reference to the most well known line from the original movie
It was a goofy Saturday night Red Box action flick and I enjoyed it for what it was, far from a masterpiece but enjoyable if you just wanna set back and munch on some popcorn as body parts fly all around you

Bonus : They paid homage to Terry Funk, not a real spoiler but I'll tag it anyways

Jake Gyllenhaal gets stabbed by a guy in the audience as hes leaving the ring after his first fight in the movie, I know the ole Funker loved seeing that just for the memories lol

4.7 Thumbs Up Outta 7

I forgot to put this in my official review but the whole time Im watching it, Im thinking "This feels like a movie version of Far Cry 3"
I think thats one of the main reasons I enjoyed it so much because I love Far Cry 3

I'm only at the part where McGregor mans was showin' dem firmazz cheekz after clappin' some italian ones but he doin' good so far method acting really paid off for my guy 📠🚫🖨️

Anyway ting is mad lit so far fam oldheads just h8n cuz dey stuck in da 80s aint got no tayum machine das y dey beefin' lmfaoll💯🐄🍔

One of the worst movies that I've seen in years. They don't make too many good movies anymore (in the last 10-15 years), so you guys who like those stupid superhero movies might like it, though.

Conor's acting is terrible, the whole subplot is dumb, and the movie is a waste of Gyllenhall's talent as an actor. Watch him in the movie "The Prisoner" or "Zodiac"

I was a bouncer for six years, in five different clubs and bars. Plus, friends with people who owned bars. Bouncers don't sit around and watch other bouncers break up fights because they're the "head" bouncer or "cooler" (cringe). That's one of the very minor reasons why I thought the movie was dumb.

Due to DEI policy, they needed a leprechaun to fill in the quota. Will definitely watch now and pretend that the original movie wasn't the most awesomest rednecked bar room brawl movie ever.

Conor was one dimensional as an over the top coked out douche bag while walking around with air lats and bowlegged. Basically himself everyday. Hated his character

I didn’t want to watch it. But I can’t judge it fairly if I don’t watch it. So there it is.

Nowhere near as good as the original. The original had way better music (The Jeff Healey Band did all the live music.. Covers, and originals).

It had some really good characters, and decent writing. And all of the actors had really good performances, imo. Plus there were several sets of nice bare boobs.

Anyway..

Completely forgetting about the original ever existing. As a stand alone film, it’s average at best, imo. There were some good scenes in the film.

But Conor was just badly overacting, and not natural, imo.

What did they change his MCGREGOR tattoo into? Did it say KNOX SUX COX? It may as well have. Just a poor character, and poor acting that doesn’t quite fit in. Of course this is only my opinion.

This is how it went. I had 3 doobies rolled up. And had just smoked half a doobie. I figured if it sucks I’ll just go smoke half a doobie every 30 minutes.

I made it to 20 mins, before I had to take a break and smoke more weed. So in the first hour I actually smoked a joint, and a half.

Then McGregors bare ass is on the screen.. Fuck that noise..

View attachment 1035820

I immediately went back outside and smoked more weed. Then every 10 minutes I smoked some more. I actually had to roll up a cpl more doobies. Even though I started with 3 already rolled.

It took me 4 hours to watch a 2 hour movie.

Brutal. 4/10 without Conor.. 3/10 with him. I would not recommend this film.
Pretty much sums it up yes, I watched it with an open mind as i wanted to but everytime Conor was on screen it was cringe (in a bad way) and I hated him. I was mildly enjoying the movie until he showed up.

It’s pretty entertaining to be fair, not as good as the original but still worth the watch for some mindless action

Some bad CGI and Conor’s acting sucked which was to be expected, but his character was chaotic and mildly entertaining

Conor almost getting RNC’d towards the end got a chuckle out of me

Back