Media Robert Whittaker Coldly Looking Around The Arena Without Moving For 5 Minutes

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Whittaker beat Brunson easier than Adesanya beat Tavares. He arguably dropped the 1st round. He got taken down and passed momentarily and Tavares' jab gave him some issues (certainly more than anything Brunson did to Whittaker). Brunsons caveman assault early caused a rapid face with alot of awkward sturikes but Whittaker was composed throughout, killed every TD attempt, threatened with a front headlock and when he slowed the pace down after the first 2 minutes or so, he swelled and nearly shut Brunsons eye and then just beat the shit out of him with combinations and then the head kick/GNP to finish it

Im not saying Adesanya winning is a dumb pick, but ur rationale for it w/ MMA Math is shit

Not MMAmath, @The Judge Holden articulated it perfectly.

My point was for people to watch both fights so you'd see what I saw, cause I was too lazy to write it out. The Judge Holden did.

This is a fucken good point, and I did that this morning.

Brunson was on spaz pills vs Whittaker, but Rob got tagged, rocked a bit and got a good win in a messy fight.

Israel was fucken ridiculous is his Brunson fight. Defending 8 takedown attempts and was flawless in every facet.
It was perfection.
Pure class.
Artistry.

The more I watch, the more I think Israel is on another talent level.

Rob is, he can wrestle and his striking is a little wild. Supremely better fighter though, don't get me wrong. I have a lot of respect for Rob Whittaker. Just feel this is Izzy's fight to win.

I think Rob's karate blitzes and wild over hands will be his downfall. He also does a lot of herky jerky stuff that allows him to enter on lesser strikers (note Rob has been fighting grapplers for a few years). Izzy is going to see all that shit coming. Rob's best bet will be timing his GSPesque TD's like his camp put out earlier in the week.

Izzy struggled against Vettori, Gastelum and Silva, and neither of those three are on the same level of striking as Rob. He does do some unorthodox strikes, but it's backed up with solid technique or he wouldn't get away with it like he does.

That said, I think Rob is going to use his grappling as well. I think he'll do what he did to Hall, plenty of stalling against the cage to wear Izzy down and look for short shots inside and on the break.

Whittaker beat Brunson easier than Adesanya beat Tavares. He arguably dropped the 1st round. He got taken down and passed momentarily and Tavares' jab gave him some issues (certainly more than anything Brunson did to Whittaker). Brunsons caveman assault early caused a rapid face with alot of awkward sturikes but Whittaker was composed throughout, killed every TD attempt, threatened with a front headlock and when he slowed the pace down after the first 2 minutes or so, he swelled and nearly shut Brunsons eye and then just beat the shit out of him with combinations and then the head kick/GNP to finish it

Im not saying Adesanya winning is a dumb pick, but ur rationale for it w/ MMA Math is shit

Whittaker fought a better Brunson IMO.

That was the Brunson on a 5 fight win streak with 4 good KO's in a row and was probably 2 fights away from a title shot.

The Brunson of the last year or 2 has looked very lackadaisical and doesn't even look as athletic anymore.

Rob just doesn't like being around Okamoto and is waiting for him to leave. Heart of an annoyed dude.

Searching for the nearest escape exit after he kills the cocky lanklet

Gay jesus gave him hell. Costa is top legit too quit tho. Israel is about to be buried.

Whittaker fought a better Brunson IMO.

That was the Brunson on a 5 fight win streak with 4 good KO's in a row and was probably 2 fights away from a title shot.

The Brunson of the last year or 2 has looked very lackadaisical and doesn't even look as athletic anymore.

Yeah Brunson was 16-3 and on the best run of his career, beating Larkin, Herman, Alvey, Carneiro and Hall, 4 sturaight knockouts

he was 16-3 only losses to Jacare, Yoel and Grove. The Grove decision was a robbery so he really only list 2 Yoel/Jacare who many thought were the 2 best MWs at the time. With Yoel he even outwrestled him, hurt him with a head kick and was up 2-0 on the cards before 3rd round Yoel

Whittaker/Brunson was seen as one of the best prospect fights in MMA at the time. He was 2-3 since going into the Adesanya fight (shouldve been 3-2 but had gotten KOd badly twice) including right before by Jacare again

Izzy struggled against Vettori, Gastelum and Silva, and neither of those three are on the same level of striking as Rob. He does do some unorthodox strikes, but it's backed up with solid technique or he wouldn't get away with it like he does.

That said, I think Rob is going to use his grappling as well. I think he'll do what he did to Hall, plenty of stalling against the cage to wear Izzy down and look for short shots inside and on the break.
I had Kelvin KO'ing Rob tbh. I don't think Izzy wanted to finish Anderson. He definitely struggled against Vetorri though, and I can't defend that performance at all. He looked pedestrian against a middle of the pack guy.

We'll see man, I'm stoked for this fight. Big fan of both men, just think Izzy is a next level talent.

Exactly what I saw brother, thank you.

Again, nothing against Rob, he's a total G and exemplarary champion, but I'm not going to deny what I see.

so because he got buzzed once by Brunson that's why you think Israel is going to win?

Fuck off.

i don't know why you're mad at me for. i'm giving you a chance to explain yourself more eloquently. but with that answer i think you just confirmed how dumb your posts in this thread are.

i mean, you did just go full retard. you think Adesanya will win because Brunson hit Rob once? i don't know, seems stupid. and in your other post you said "Brunson is like Whittaker they can box and wrestle" no shit? doesn't like half the UFC roster know how to box and wrestle? are they like Brunson too lol?

i don't know why you're mad at me for. i'm giving you a chance to explain yourself more eloquently. but with that answer i think you just confirmed how dumb your posts in this thread are.

i mean, you did just go full retard. you think Adesanya will win because Brunson hit Rob once? i don't know, seems stupid. and in your other post you said "Brunson is like Whittaker they can box and wrestle" no shit? doesn't like half the UFC roster know how to box and wrestle? are they like Brunson too lol?
Yes.

If Rob is healthy and isn't hiding a hernia/broken spine/severed leg then I think he murders Adesanya, nothing against Israel, entertaining fighter, great fun to watch and good on the mic but I don't think he's getting anywhere with whittaker.

I'm rooting for Whittaker but honestly I think the Genderbender wins this

Yoel had 10 rounds to do it and couldn't, yet Kelvin can...
<Dany07>
You just compared Yoel to Kelvin, but I'm ridiculous for for comparing how two fighters did against the same opponent.
{<jordan}
Femboy.

Counting how many people he'll disappoint by pulling out.

Just kidding, Rob is a killer. Cant wait for this fight.

Back