Rogan and DC's worst night of commentary

Just wait til the next PPV when they suck Ngannou’s dick all night because Dana tells them too.

They were pretending like Israel was dominating the kickboxing exchanges like a couple fanboys.

Why is there even any controversy over the judges cards? Jan was winning a lot of those kickboxing exchanges.
How much money do you think them and Dana lost on their bets

I wonder if the problem with Rogan is his podcast has caused him to become too focused on personalities and personal stories, and he's carried that over into his fight commentary. It seems like he always sucks the cock/clit of the fighter with the most interesting personal story or most entertaining personality.
I think it’s that coupled with them doing a 3 man team. When it was just Rogan and Goldberg it was much more tamed but with the 3 man booth he tries to fill a new role and make it like his podcast and treats it like he is there to push a topic or carry a conversation instead of just breaking down what’s happening. He really does just treat it like it’s his show which has caused him to be worse at commentary and bring the others down a notch with him.

The problem last night was not the commentary team, but rather the stat boys for the UFC. All night they blasted out nebulous statistics like “significant strikes” or “total strikes” or “control time”. We all know the real teeth are cut in the “feints thrown” and “feints bitten” departments. That’s were Izzy chewed Jan up. In a totally different sport with equally unrelated rule sets Izzy would have dominated.

Oh Christ. This thread is literally posted after every single Rogan card.

True that. Funny thing I like DC when he's with other commentators. When he gets with Rogan though they can go down some tangents that have little to do with the actual fight. It really doesn't bother me too much because I adjust the volume control and sometimes enjoy watching it on low or no volume. Just thought I'd point out that I like DC's commentary better when he's not with Joe.

Sometimes the hate train gets going to the point where it's too much. Joe serves a useful purpose of bringing fans of his podcast into the show I'd guess. The only evidence I have for that last sentence is that it seems every young fighter who is interviewed with him seems to start out by saying 'It's an honor to finally be talking with you Joe' lol.

Not just that, but calling out that a fight is over before it in any way is. That's something Rogan in particular has gotten really bad for.
I fucking hate this.I feel like I've said this a lot recently, but when he tries to call finishes it sounds like he's either bored or he has a "I've seen it all" attitude. It's really annoying. Especially when every other second the only thing he says is "OOOOOHHHHH!!!!" but then the finish actually comes and he drops all enthusiasm.

You mean the whole fucking night? Rogan is horrible.
Rogan has always been horrible. Maybe okay for the uneducated masses but terrible for someone that actually knows/trains. Even his ground/bjj shot calling is trash

The problem last night was not the commentary team, but rather the stat boys for the UFC. All night they blasted out nebulous statistics like “significant strikes” or “total strikes” or “control time”. We all know the real teeth are cut in the “feints thrown” and “feints bitten” departments. That’s were Izzy chewed Jan up. In a totally different sport with equally unrelated rule sets Izzy would have dominated.

Facts, if they were playing tennis Jan would have been DQ'd after 5 seconds of the first round/
Because you are not allowed to try to kick you opponent in tennis

There are complaints about the commentary after every event. Most of the time I think people are being dramatic.

This time I'm totally on board. That shit was bad. Real bad.

this is exactly right.. thank you.

The commentary in question is actually even worse and detached from reality than this, I'll upload a couple of the worst examples.

In this one Jan lands a goodleft hook to which Rogan immediately comments "yeah but he's not planting his feet because he is EATING all these feints!", a truly insane and demented comment. Adesanya then throws a jab which Jan blocks with his hand, if you watch closely it doesn't touch his face, Jan blocked it. To which Rogan says "Look at that! Clean!", Jan then throws his own left hook which lands and they ignore it. Then Jan times Adesanya's jab perfectly and lands a decent flurry which Adesanya blocks about 50% of, Rogan then immediately pivots to a talking point about "that's when it's a problem for Israel, when he stands in front of Jan", a sequence which he apparently then immediately forgets about as you'll see in the next vid

DC starts out by saying "I'm not saying Jan is getting outstruck he just keeps biting on these feints", literally as he says that Jan is checking kicks. Rogan then says "but HE IS getting outstruck, and this is not the best opportunity for him to win". Literally AS HE IS SAYING THIS Jan lands a left hook, which they all ignore. Adesanya then throws a Jab which Jan perfectly slips, it doesn't land, which Rogan uses as proof of his claim that Jan is being oustruck. "Look at that! Pop!". About a missed jab.

I think both of these clips taken together basically demonstrate that Rogan is absolutely detached from reality at this point. DC also to a lesser extent.

Nice clips and post — exhibit A and exhibit B — of Rogan and DC expressing an opinion and “forgetting” to call the fight. They weren’t giving Jan credit for outstriking Adesanya. I couldn’t believe that they were unsure of the outcome before Buffer announced the decision. It was a good fight, but clearly a Blachowitz victory.

Rogan has gotten worse, it's like the exaggerated and excited comments have been turned up to 11 in order to compete with other commentators that have much more actual fight experience than he does.

"He's going to break his arm!" Guy gets his arm free 1 second later and its completely fine.

"I think Drew Dober is the most underrated guy in the sport." Followed by Dober doing nothing for the entire fight, getting dominated and finished.

He still delivers amusing hyperbole like calling Yan a giant Viking, etc, but yeah sometimes I have to mute.

The commentary in question is actually even worse and detached from reality than this, I'll upload a couple of the worst examples.

In this one Jan lands a goodleft hook to which Rogan immediately comments "yeah but he's not planting his feet because he is EATING all these feints!", a truly insane and demented comment. Adesanya then throws a jab which Jan blocks with his hand, if you watch closely it doesn't touch his face, Jan blocked it. To which Rogan says "Look at that! Clean!", Jan then throws his own left hook which lands and they ignore it. Then Jan times Adesanya's jab perfectly and lands a decent flurry which Adesanya blocks about 50% of, Rogan then immediately pivots to a talking point about "that's when it's a problem for Israel, when he stands in front of Jan", a sequence which he apparently then immediately forgets about as you'll see in the next vid

DC starts out by saying "I'm not saying Jan is getting outstruck he just keeps biting on these feints", literally as he says that Jan is checking kicks. Rogan then says "but HE IS getting outstruck, and this is not the best opportunity for him to win". Literally AS HE IS SAYING THIS Jan lands a left hook, which they all ignore. Adesanya then throws a Jab which Jan perfectly slips, it doesn't land, which Rogan uses as proof of his claim that Jan is being oustruck. "Look at that! Pop!". About a missed jab.

I think both of these clips taken together basically demonstrate that Rogan is absolutely detached from reality at this point. DC also to a lesser extent.

I believe Rogan has CTE from all the feints he's had to eat throughout the years.

Reactions: egk
Rogan has cooked himself... #420blazeit

Holy f...kin f..k! Thanks brother for those clips.
I've watched the fight with Polish commentary, now I've been reading about atrocious Rogan commentary, thinking to myself " that couldn't have been that bad.."...
Holy shit, as biased as could be, Rogan is a complete shill and moron. Ive got to watch the fight again (Rogan commentary) just to compare.

And for comparison: in Polish version as the 2nd kick in your 2nd clip gets checked the commentator said "checked, shin to shin".

Rogan has no idea what he's watching when it comes to striking.

Really? On Twitter?
Ev2yA8nVIAMtwEN

Back