Media Rogan and Holloway talk about Jamahal/Alex Ref Nutshot

“Would have never given him so much space”, but he did. Lesson learned about be alert when your in there with a killer like Alex

I will never get this, the killshot didn't happen a micro second after the nutshot, they even touched gloves, some fighters are really letting the fact that they are friends with Jamal affect their logic.

This
I don't get it either.
If it did, it's only Jamahal's fault.
5 seconds passed between the fight being stopped and the KO.
Enough time to get over it.

The position changed after Herb stepped in and the fight was paused. Poatan got himself a better position while the fight was paused. That's the point.

How so?

Groin shot
Dean notices it
Alex says "its' ok"
He doesn't change the stance, the feet position
They touch gloves
Alex takes small steps forward, Jamalah goes backwords
Boom
KO

Last edited:
It's about position. Distance and angles happen first, knockouts come after. Not a microsecond after but when the punch is thrown..
Sure, and they both had ample time to change position or whatever, the KO happened several seconds after Herb came into the picture, the groin shot had nothing to do with it.

I will never get this, the killshot didn't happen a micro second after the nutshot, they even touched gloves, some fighters are really letting the fact that they are friends with Jamal affect their logic.

Rogan is a complete conspiracy theorist retard and Max Holloway has been punched in the head more times that anyone in UFC history.

Rogan's brain will automatically fixate on some nefarious, sinister explanation for an event. It doesn't matter if his narrative ignores what actually happened in reality, because when have conspiracy theorist mongs ever cared about facts that disrupt their narratives?

This is one of the most bizarre and idiotic talking points that has ever taken hold in MMA.

I agree, but also, it was quick.
It was all quick.

Normal ref intervention is normal.
This incident was not normal.

Hill has a point, but also Hill coulda blown outta there when Erb stepped in.

Defend self at all times.
Maybe - if a ref steps in, train to always blow out. Let them reset it wherever whenever, but don't just volunteer to stand there with your back against the wall.

IMO - Erb would have messed up my rhythm and focus, but also, that's on me.

Once the ref entered the fight space with intent to stop the fight, I would have expected a normal break and normal reset. Only one guy got to decide whether that would happen. That is abnormal.
Why would Pereira suddenly and unexpectedly be allowed to decide that the normal break would not be normal?

Answer - because it all happened really fast and there is no precedent in the octagon. Nobody has ever waived Erb off a nut-shot-break. He didn't see it coming.

Fer sure, two people learned two things:
1 - Erb learned that once he starts a break, he must complete the break.
2 - Hill learned that when they say go again, you better be able to get back to 100% focus in about a half a second, otherwise you are going down.

Pereira gets fouled yet Hill is the victim lol ok. Pereira got fouled and if he chooses to keep fighting regardless that's 100% his right. This wasn't a 12-6 elbow from Hill causing a standup and losing position that got him knocked out.

Last edited:
Pereira gets fouled yet he's Hill is the victim lol ok. Pereira got fouled and if he chooses to keep fighting regardless that's 100% his right. This wasn't a 12-6 elbow from Hill causing a standup and losing position that guy him knocked out.

Game set match, thats a wrap. /thread

The guy who got fouled doesn't owe the guy who fouled him:

A) a break
B) a reset, or
C) a motherfucking thing

He's a UFC Shill.

The fighter shouldn't be able to "gain" an advantage just because the other fighter accidentally fouled.

If you watch the clip again you'll see the ref calls a timeout. That should automatically be cause to separate the fighters as the foul occurred BEFORE Pereira slide forward and got within closer distance. But instead, he calls the timeout while Alex is still moving up and then allows Alex to wave him off in the newly acquired position. If Alex is the decider of whether he wants a break or not from the nut shot then Herb should have never called the timeout to begin with... but he did... and then at that point Periera waves him off after he already know he's moved into better position.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Terrible referring. It's to be expected by Herb Dean at this point... the same person that allowed McGregor to cheat god knows how many times in a fight.

Cliffs: They both agree that Pereira certainly got himself in a better position and angle and Hill very much have a valid point in it affecting that sequence. (Herb should've separated them properly and then restarted) They also both agree that it's on Hill as well because you have to be on at all times with a killer like Alex.

Hill threw a punch and Pereira countered him. Hill threw the kick that struck the groin because he was already backed towards the cage. Why reward him with space and position for a foul?

Hill threw a punch and Pereira countered him. Hill threw the kick that struck the groin because he was already backed towards the cage. Why reward him with space and position for a foul?

Because Pereira slides forward after the nut shot while Herb is calling the timeout

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back