Roll call for the 7am pre work rollers....

I wish, but leaving for work at 6 am means I'd have to get on a mat by 4:30, so it ain't gonna happen.

Rolling on an empty stomach? Doesn't that make you want to puke?

I get up at 4:15am, drive an hour, go to 6am class, then 7am open gym most of the time. Then go to work (my job is 65miles from home). No bjj where I live and with the wife and kids, this was my only option.

I'm going start training at 7am two times a week soon because of work:icon_sad: I already wake up at 6 and lifting weights/yoga in the morning before work and train at night after work but now I have to stay late at work til the end of tax season

Rolling on an empty stomach? Doesn't that make you want to puke?

no really. It is usually the opposite. rolling on full stomach makes me puke.

Please note, 6 am training is usually very technical.

Too early to get some decent conditioning unless you are really into.

It gets very technical and it is a must to get in with the plan of drilling some techniques otherwise you can end up talking a lot and not training as it is not a formal class.

The rolling part gets very technical as well. Due to lack of training partners, you end up with the same bunch of guys most of the time. Less pressure to roll to win as well.

I teach a 6 AM class Tuesdays and Thursdays. I really don't mind getting up that early, what is really annoying is the gym is literally freezing cold. We're in a warehouse right now with no heat. As soon as I can get enough students to afford the rent I'm moving someplace with heat!

I wish there was a 7am class available. I work shift work so many times it would be very convenient to be able to train right after getting off work.

I go Boxing in the morning 6 AM to 7:15 AM. evenings i do No-Gi its been about 3 weeks since i got into grappling.

Wake up at 8:30shower eat oatmeal start training at 10:00 till 11:30 shower head to work. Work till five then back go the gym for boxing and no gi

I trained at 6am 4 days a week for over two years. It was always great training, I think it brings in a very dedicated group of training partners and that's one thing I really appreciated about it.

The big problem was getting to sleep the night before, sometimes daily stress plus the stress of whether I'd be able to get up in the morning was hard to deal with.

My strength and conditioning is at 530am every morning. My and my strength coach work that early cause my actual work schedule wont allow for anything else.

6 A.M here where I live. It's go time. I personally prefer night times cause I'm fairly young and really early mornings give me a strange feeling that I'm tired even if I'm not.

I've often shook my head at why hardly any schools in my area offer daily morning classes. Early mornings are the ONLY time I can make for right now. I'd be there every day at 6am and that school would get my money, if one existed. The closest there is for me is 6am-7am MWF. Too bad it's not every day.

I train betwene 7:30-8:30 in the morning before school, for me its just a way to add more hours on the mat per week since i cant train with the rest of the guys in the middle of the day.

I always do early morning classes. Cause I like to catch my opponent sleeping. BWHAHahahaahahHHHHAHHHH!!!!!

I don't like to exercise in general before noon. I am not sure how well, if at all, how I'd function at a 7am class.

I used to train for a bit at this gym in london called warrior school of combat. Had this interesting system. You can call and say you want to train at 430am the owner comes down passes you and you can train and close up. I think he either stays if he was in the mood or go back to sleep.

You could do this at 1pm or at 2am, except when there were normal classes. Standard 2pm to 7pm class times.

I found this idea great but from what I hear not a lot of people took advantage of it.

Back