Romero cheated against Kennedy narrative

Kennedy held the inside of roneris gloves to get free hits. Even if I should say so. Hell actually Kennedy's cheat was worse than just sitting on the stool.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, people wanting something to be true and convincing themselves to the point where it becomes reality to them.

THE UFC CUTMAN put too much vaseline on Yoel and BJM told him to come back and wipe it off, so NOT YOEL, NOT HIS CORNER but A UFC EMPLOYEE

So again, the short story.

1. Romero is owning Kennedy for the first two rounds

2. At the end of the 2nd round Kennedy illegally holds Romero's glove to land his only significant strikes of the fight

3. While the fighters are in their corners between rounds, the UFC cutman puts too much vaseline on Yoel

4. The round is supposed to start but now BJM is calling the cutman back in to clean off the vaseline

5. When Yoel is instructed to answer the bell he does so

But hey, let's not let a silly thing like facts fuck up you fantasies.
This is exactly what I'm talking about, people wanting something to be true and convincing themselves to the point where it becomes reality to them.

THE UFC CUTMAN put too much vaseline on Yoel and BJM told him to come back and wipe it off, so NOT YOEL, NOT HIS CORNER but A UFC EMPLOYEE

2. At the end of the 2nd round Kennedy illegally holds Romero's glove to land his only significant strikes of the fight

3. While the fighters are in their corners between rounds, the UFC cutman puts too much vaseline on Yoel

4. The round is supposed to start but now BJM is calling the cutman back in to clean off the vaseline

You completely ignored what I said, to be honest you seem like you're trying to project intelligence through deflection when you're the one ignorant to the facts. It was not only vaseline, they dumped water all over him afterwards and even on the canvas that had to be cleaned as well. I couldn't give two shits about Romero or Kennedy, you're just a delusional idiot calling other people delusional so you're being called on your bullshit pseudo-intellectual attempt to skew reality.

So much salt from Romero haters, I love it.

The weight cut thing is irritating, I hope the comments about this athletic commission interfering this time are true. It just ruins the atmosphere of the fight. Last time was forgivable, this time is weak.

Beyond that, he is literally the most violent active MMA fighter. The dude tosses people like Hercules and strikes like a dude from Street Fighter, with the same cartoonish end results.

And Kennedy just wanted a technicality victory. Romero freight trained him bad and Kennedy is always salty after a loss.

War Romero.

Holy crap that fight was 4 years ago?! Time is moving too damn fast!

You can clearly hear Yoel tell his cornerman to pour the water on his body when his corner man is giving him water.

The reason big John told him to stay seated was because after his cornermen did the slowest walk out a cage ever, they had to come back in to towel off the water from his body.

Yoel cheated, so just stop with this shit already.

If the rules say so, then yes. If John seen it and stopped it, yes. If Yoel wants to ask for water to be thrown over him, then no.

It was because his corner threw water all over him and the mat and they had to dry him, his team knew better.

Your are getting mixed up between the Kennedy (vaseline) and the Weidman fight (water).

No fighter is more honourable than the Soldier of God. With all due respect for his crusade against ISIS, Tim Kennedy is a shameless, two-faced cheat.

People should go back and watch what actually happened. Whistle blows for the corner to leave, Yoels corner stands there talking to him, old guy in a blue shirt is yelling GET OUT GET OUT pushing them to leave, they're standing there giving Yoel another drink of water and pouring it on him, his corner still kind of stands around and slowly starts to walk away, instantly Rogan see's it and says they're purposely stalling. It had nothing to do with Vaseline, the corner comes back in, stands there for a second confused and slowly starts wiping off his chest/back/shoulder. They never touch the vaseline.

But sure, lets talk about the 1.5 seconds tops that Kennedys finger got stuck in Yoels glove. Kennedy had the wrist, Yoel jerked his hand away after getting hit and Kennedys finger got stuck, he landed one punch, finger out, back to holding wrist, lands another punch. The entire thing happened in a huge flurry that lasted 3.5 seconds tops.

What is worse? Kennedy inadvertently getting his hand stuck in Yoels glove? Or Yoel and his entire corner standing around pretending to be confused, and Yoel refusing to get up. They're yelling at the corner to leave, Yoel remains sitting, they're out of the cage (they forget that stool Yoel is sitting on?) Big John sees the shenanigans and brings the blue shirt guy back over, Yoel STILL sitting on a stool that was supposed to be out of the cage with his corner 20 seconds ago, his guys come in continue to act confused about why they're there and slowly wipe off his back,Yoel STILL sitting on a stool that was supposed to be yanked 30 second ago.

Its easy to make up lies, it's also easy to go back and watch what happened on Fight Pass. His corner put the water on him, his corner left the stool, his corner stood around confused, his corner came back in and acted confused when instructed to wipe him down. There was nothing about vaseline.

You know what bothers me the most about this fight? People saying Kennedy was winning. Romero was completely dominating Kennedy in all aspects of MMA until Kennedy stuck his finger inside Romero's gloves.

You know what bothers me the most about this fight? People saying Kennedy was winning. Romero was completely dominating Kennedy in all aspects of MMA until Kennedy stuck his finger inside Romero's gloves.
Actually Yoel had ate 2 big shots and was in trouble before the 1.5 seconds that finger slipped in the glove.
giphy.gif

Pretty clear, lands over hand right, grabs wrist, lands uppercut, finger in glove, lands uppercut, finger out of glove, lands upper cut, brief clinch.

Nothing is ever Romero's fault, right? Always just a victim of circumstance.

Stoolgate: he got fouled first that makes it ok!
Grabs fence and robs jacare: he won the fight anyway with the knockdown, pride rules bro!
USADA: Tainted supplement he was exonerated!
Misses weight against Rockhold: It was short notice! He'd definitely make weight if he had a full camp! He deserves the title shot!
Misses weight against Whittaker: It was the commission who stopped him! He was robbed!

Romero is a bit of a shifty guy IMO. Super talented, incredible fighter and very charismatic in his own way, but man, people somehow think this guy has no agency of his own.
There's also the pooping and penis punch on Brunson

Isn't the ufc cut man applying the vaseline the guy in black?

Because its the guy in white with the beanie, who looks suspiciously like Yoel's cornerman who is called back in to wipe down water from Yoel's body, no one touches the shit ton of vaseline on his eye.

Maybe I'm wrong, however it's not based on delusional fantasy, it's based on the actual video of the incident supplied above.

Its easy to make up lies, it's also easy to go back and watch what happened on Fight Pass. His corner put the water on him, his corner left the stool, his corner stood around confused, his corner came back in and acted confused when instructed to wipe him down. There was nothing about vaseline.

Yes chef.

You completely ignored what I said, to be honest you seem like you're trying to project intelligence through deflection when you're the one ignorant to the facts. It was not only vaseline, they dumped water all over him afterwards and even on the canvas that had to be cleaned as well. I couldn't give two shits about Romero or Kennedy, you're just a delusional idiot calling other people delusional so you're being called on your bullshit pseudo-intellectual attempt to skew reality.
There was no dumping water you muppet, youre talking about the Weidman fight.

Hilarious how it’s exactly as I said, clueless idiots chiming in on a topic even thought they have no idea what they’re talking about.

The funniest part is how you say I’m the one attempting to skew reality lol.

Personally I never had problems / confusion with the "stoolgate" stuff.

Tim was dirty.
Yoel was dirty too.
Tim checked out mentally and Yoel finished his ass.

Of course Romero milked that shit, of course the chance to milk it was possible because of X and Y reasons (cut man, ref, corner) but if anyone didn't understand how Romero operates by now then you will never get it, that's his mentality and his veteran experience this is how you get shit done in a world of dog eats dog in Olympic wrestling and freaking coming out of Cuba.

Win still stands, they both played the game to the best of their abilities but only one stayed on target and got that W.

On the Weidman fight.. I'm sorry but if you get rattled by that then you deserve it.. Chris knew wtf is up going into that fight.

Don't stress over a few extra seconds shit happens you got to roll with it if you are wasting energy and getting out of the zone then that's on you for the lack of experience and focus.

Let the ref handle it.. fallow his lead and do your thing. (okay maybe not in NY cause "you got 5 minutes it was illegal.... it's over" xd)

Back