Law Ron DeSantis sends two planes full of illegals to Martha's Vineyard upsetting rich Democrats

So kind of a lose-lose for the migrants and the residents. In other words, DeSantis tried to fuck over both just to rile up the base. Kind of a shitty thing to do if you ask me.

The financial aspect is also worrying. The Florida treasury shouldn't be paying for the governor to run for president. I know it won't go anywhere, but that should be impeachable.

Ive been calling for better immigration reform for a long time. The US needs to do a much better job of processing immigrants when they are needed for the work force. Make it easier to track and for immigrants to be able to stay if they have jobs and have followed the law. Also need to be much more harsh on punishment for employers that knowingly hire illegal and exploit them.

Im for doing a better job on immigration. Going to other states then lying and flying them to other states to make political points while breaking the law is dumb as hell.

What law did he break? The same ones Biden broke, or nah?

Seriously, drop the "human trafficking" angle. It's beyond desperate.

As for your other points, I'll wait for you to show as much anger with the 24/7 border travesty that's been going on damn near two years, as you have here. I have a feeling I'll be waiting for a while...

Did the residents of MV also do a human traffic?
How did the residents benefit from helping them move to places that would be able to actually help and provide the immigrants services that they would need? That is a long way from lying to them to get political benefits. It wasnt even immigrants in his own state. The State money spent on this spectacle only benefited DeSantis. If youre cool with the lies told on the behalf of DeSantis, thats on you bud.

How did the residents benefit from helping them move to places that would be able to actually help and provide the immigrants services that they would need? That is a long way from lying to them to get political benefits. It wasnt even immigrants in his own state. The State money spent on this spectacle only benefited DeSantis. If youre cool with the lies told on the behalf of DeSantis, thats on you bud.
Is that a yes or no? You seem to be fixated on the state funds aspect. Did Mass. use state funds to get them off the island?

Is that a yes or no? You seem to be fixated on the state funds aspect. Did Mass. use state funds to get them off the island?
Id say a solid no considering that they werent move out of state.

Why do you support the abuse of our immigration laws?

As for your other points, I'll wait for you to show as much anger with the 24/7 border travesty that's been going on damn near two years, as you have here. I have a feeling I'll be waiting for a while...

Lying to a bunch of vulnerable people and flying them a thousand miles via two states under false pretenses. Using Florida's tax payer funds to the tune of 12k per asylum seeker and borrowing them from Texas for a publicity stunt. Did you read the BS in the brochure?

If there isn't a law against any of this I would be very surprised. There certainly should be.

I think the state funds aspect probably needs more attention. If Mass used state funds to move those people around that would actually make some sense because the people were in Mass. Using Florida's money to move people from Texas to Mass doesn't make any fucking sense.

Do you not understand that the Federal government is allowed to manage immigration?

Do you not understand that the Federal government is allowed to manage immigration?

So are states. What's your point? The Federal government can do whatever the fuck they want(as long they're democrats of course), and the state governments just have to bend over for them?

Give it rest. You, like every other lefty in here, are mad for one simple reason. This was an attack on hypocritical democrats, who were forced to show their true colors. And all it took was fifty people crowding the Liberal elites of Martha's Vineyard...FIFTY. Embarrassing.

I highly fucking doubt that.
They falsified documents stating that the migrants were living in false addresses that in all actuality were the addresses of homeless shelters throughout the country. Complicating their processes because they have to report to the different areas where these shelters are, spread all over the country, FAR away from where they're actually located. It's immigration fraud and DeSantis and his cohorts should be prosecuted for it.
The migrants who crossed the southern U.S. border and were later flown in two planeloads to Martha’s Vineyard were given falsified addresses corresponding to “random homeless shelters” for their official paperwork, according to a Boston immigration attorney.

Rachel Self suggested Friday that this was done purposefully by Department of Homeland Security officials to make it more difficult for the migrants to stay in the country.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) took credit for arranging and funding the flights, which landed Wednesday afternoon at the wealthy island community off the coast of Massachusetts. He aimed to make a point about the surge in migration along the border with Mexico, even though his state does not abut the country.
Source: https://news.yahoo.com/lawyer-says-marthas-vineyard-migrants-195612823.html

But hey, some random Canadian guy says he doubts that, so never mind then...

<Y2JSmirk>

AZ, MS,AL and SC have the toughest e verify laws and the only states doing anything to stop non documented workers. Weird you don’t see their Governors pretending to be tough and pulling stunts. Those Governors are putting in work and not concerned with winning the Iowa Primary. Desantis is all hat no cattle when it comes to penalizing private businesses from hiring illegal immigrants.
AZ has been sending immigrants in busses and planes..

Youre missing the exploitation factor.
Hmm, is that a yes or no? My understanding of human trafficking involves the use of force. Didn't Desantis have them sign waivers? Wouldn't the use of soldiers (national guard) be a bit more forceful?

Based on it being an exclusive community for the wealthy
Well, that's a pretty large misunderstanding of MV. Most of the people who live in Martha's Vineyard year round are not wealthy. It's like less than 20,000 people who live there. In the summer, the seasonal residents show up and can push the population north of 200,000. But the people who live there year around are pretty regular people. The median household income is $80k.

You're making the mistake that many people make with tourist destinations. They confuse the demographics of the tourists with the demographics of the residents. Like in beach towns, the people who visit the beach and own summer houses might be pretty well-to-do. But the people who live there year round are the people who serve in the restaurants and bars, work for the trash service and cleaning crews, run the gas stations, etc. They make normal livings servicing rich seasonal visitors. One should not equate the circumstances of the seasonal crowd with that of the actual residents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back