Rose is in a rough spot

Rose was in a good mindset against Fiorot and got worked.
I don't see Rose ever beating Fiorot.

She didn't get wrecked and she clearly had one good hand.

I think she'd win a rematch, especially now that she's got some exp at FLW.

I've never thought of Rose as inconsistent.

Consistently, there was no way she could ever beat Joanna or Weili even once.
She won all four.

She was lighting Andrade up before hanging on a kimura too long. Then she came back and beat her.
She fought (like actually fought) the bigger Fiorot and got beat up. That wasn't a no-show.

Her only no-show was a weed-addled attitude that "you gotta beat the champ to be the champ", so she ran for a whole fight thinking that would win it, and suddenly the belt was gone.
That was a no-show, but it was an intentional no-show chosen by dumb people.
It wasn't an "inconsistent" no-show perpetrated by an unpredictable and inconsistent fighter.

Rose inconsistent? I don't think so.

By inconsistent I mean she struggles to put long win streaks together. It's not really debatable -- she's never won more than 3 in a row.

I suspect she'll stay like that regardless of the division she's in.

Bro, unless Ribas has drastically improved her fight IQ and takedowns then she is absolutely getting KOd.

Rose's tdd isn't the best. If ribas can get in on her, I won't be surprised to see ribas get some takedowns. The problem is ribas sucks at closing the distance. It's like she has no concept of what range even is. She also doesn't move her head well at all. She'll be a sitting duck at boxing range. Her best bet is trying to attack Rose's legs from kicking range, then trying to get all the way in to clinch range and work knees and elbows and takedowns from there. I suspect she stupidly tries to brawl and has no way of controlling the distance, though.

Rose's tdd isn't the best. If ribas can get in on her, I won't be surprised to see ribas get some takedowns. The problem is ribas sucks at closing the distance. It's like she has no concept of what range even is. She also doesn't move her head well at all. She'll be a sitting duck at boxing range. Her best bet is trying to attack Rose's legs from kicking range, then trying to get all the way in to clinch range and work knees and elbows and takedowns from there. I suspect she stupidly tries to brawl and has no way of controlling the distance, though.

Yeh, I have pretty much the same read.

Ribas just isn't the smartest fighter. I fully expect her to just try and stand with Rose for 3 rounds and be an easy target.

Rose is going to be hard for Ribas to get in on just because her footwork is so good.

By inconsistent I mean she struggles to put long win streaks together. It's not really debatable -- she's never won more than 3 in a row.

I suspect she'll stay like that regardless of the division she's in.

A Randy Couture-esque resumé for sure.

That's not a bad thing, but it makes me rule both out as legit GOAT contenders.

Did you watch the fight?
Of course I did.
I didn't think she looked bad considering she smashed her finger to bits.

It was also her first fight at 125 against a top fighter.

Why are you askin if I seen it?
Let me guess, you didn't think she fought hard enough?

14 fights against the best female fighters in the world, over ten years.

Goes 9-5. Two losses were splits.

4-0 against the absolute best in the entire history of the division. One of those retired. The other is champ.

I get your idea, but you keep saying "inconsistent."
Do that Andre the Giant gif: I don't think that word means what you think it does.

Winning 3 for every loss, constantly fighting the best, only no-showing once in ten years.

That's a dog. Not "inconsistent."

BTW, I watched a Rose vid today. She's sounds better now than she has in a long time. Talked about pursuing faith and dropping bad habits.

If ima guess, she cut out the weed. She sounds way less dumb than she did after the Carla fight and Gillian grapple.

Thx.

Correction:

It wasn't Andre. It was Roussimoff.

Princess Bride.

Funny movie.

Who are the girls that are much bigger than Rose?

Manon, who's huge flyweight, only had 4 pounds on Rose on fight night.

Rose is taller and is probably walking around at 8-10 pounds heavier than Valentina.

Some people seem to believe Rose is still the skinny girl from TUF.

Being undersized isn't her problem. I think her problem is that she could never make up her mind if she wanted to be a fighter or not. On top of that, it seems Trevor is no longer her coach. Her weirdo boyfriend will be the only one cornering her this weekend. The same genius who told her: "Hear the boos? You're doing it right," and "You don't need a finger."

Who are the girls that are much bigger than Rose?

Manon, who's huge flyweight, only had 4 pounds on Rose on fight night.

Rose is taller and is probably walking around at 8-10 pounds heavier than Valentina.

Some people seem to believe Rose is still the skinny girl from TUF.

Being undersized isn't her problem. I think her problem is that she could never make up her mind if she wanted to be a fighter or not. On top of that, it seems Trevor is no longer her coach. Her weirdo boyfriend will be the only one cornering her this weekend. The same genius who told her: "Hear the boos? You're doing it right," and "You don't need a finger."
Agree, her boyfriend is her biggest problem at this point. I think a change of coaches would do her good. When you have had the kind of problems Rose has had it's not a good idea to have someone with a close personal relationship cornering her, would be a lot better to have a corner that just focuses on the fight.

I honestly don't think so. She's inconsistent regardless of what weight she's at. Also, if she beats ribas, it's a good transition back to 115lbs if she wants since ribas is ranked at both weight classes. If she loses to ribas, it's indication that she's hot and cold in any weight, since ribas herself bounces between the two weights.
Just gonna have to agree to disagree here

They're 2 of the best fighters in WMMA history, I'll never understand the hate for them tbh sir.

Really? So many people here claim to be fans but use any excuse to shit on them they can. Couple this with the large "girls have cooties" segment of this place at it seems perfectly obvious.

Rose beat the current champ twice an now has no interest ? She has no business at Fly..

May as well just grow her hair back an quit.

Doesn't she have 2 wins over the 115 champ?

<Y2JSmirk> time to move up

Durr.

She should seriously just grow her hair out, dump Pat and come live with me.

An interesting point, but I guess I respectfully disagree.
Rose was in a good mindset against Fiorot and got worked.
I don't see Rose ever beating Fiorot.

I'm a huge Rose fan, inside the ring.
She is diff, and Barry is suboptimal, but the girl can fight and repeatedly overcame huge adversity.

IMO - the previous comments about best wmma fights vs Zhang left out the mandatory mention of Joanna.
Those four fights were the pinnacle of wmma so far, IMO.
Did you watch the fight? Rose dislocated a finger on her lead hand seconds into the first round. She couldn't make a fist. A one-handed Rose still managed to outstrike Fiorot though.

F5GlWF7XgAAItd3.jpg_large.jpg

Screenshot_20240321_112621_Chrome.jpg

Really? So many people here claim to be fans but use any excuse to shit on them they can. Couple this with the large "girls have cooties" segment of this place at it seems perfectly obvious.

Well when you put it that way sir lol.
I mean even the woman hate in general here doesn't make sense to me either tbh.

Depends what rose shows up

The one time Rose didn't show up was against Carla. I think that was a special case of fearing the grappling + already knowing she'd gassed and lost to her once.

I don't think we'll ever see that Rose again.

There hasn't been any other fight where Rose hasn't been her normal self.

Back