Rose Namajunas on why she turned down title shot against Zhang Weili.

Respect to Rose. She's a hell of a fighter.

People accusing her of ducking and calling her a chicken. Obviously have never step foot on a mat.

So much talk and touchy feelings with fighters these days. Go and fight thats your job!

I hope that if she really wants to retire she isn't getting pushed into this.

If there was a hall of fame shame of fighters who handle losses in the most mentally unstable manner, then she would be in it alongside ronda

Last edited:
So, you mean an ex-champ with one defense to her record was offered a free TS, after getting ktfo. Without ever fighting again first???

Wow. What a circus.
It’s the WME era ya fucking goof!
<31>

Rose already talked about what her problem was, what she lost and how she planned to get it back.

She recognized her problem was in the clinch. No shit Joanna almost finished her there in their 2nd bout. Thank God her coach reminded her not to. :rolleyes: She said she needed to improve it and wanted her old style back where she was much more dangerous there. This is not a shock based on the opponents she had to now face. She has lost to every single pressure fighter she ever faced. She isn't dumb. She has recognized a problem and is dealing with it. It takes an enormous amount of time to get back what you lost or adjust your style. You can't do that taking fights. Shocking concept. :eek: Same reason why Joanna took 10 months off finally. Except Rose is now on her 4th such break. ;)

Everything else is just media fodder and fans fall for it every time. ;)

Rose just doesn't want to be beaten so badly that she will have to sit out for a year again.

And have sherdoggers make excuses about her inability to defend yet another stoppage

I would like to see Suarez vs. Namajunas.

Suarez would give her PTSD. I don't think her guard is near good enough to threaten Suarez.

the fuck is with the UFC giving away all these titleshots to people coming off losses? christ.

She’s a basket case & doesn’t want to get murdered again.

As a person who suffers from severe depression and anxiety issues.

Rose comes off as a serious basket case she needs to handle her mental state and put fighting second because if she doesn’t then she’s going to get very very hurt.

No one here has the stones to shit on me bro, my word is the law.

If they want to, bring it on - Rose is a great fighter but like you said she don't wanna fight anymore and a monster like Zhang would only hurt her.

Its not an insult, if I were a normal UFC MW for example, I would be ducking the hell out of the way of Romero.

Luckily I'm a 7'2 400lbs shredded Sherbro though, I only duck for doors.
And you’re backed up by the manliest of men in the best av ever

If you believe there aren't many fighters going through these same issues and just not talking about it you are wrong.

It doesnt make her a basket case or weak to be honest about it.

GSP was open about fear and self doubt. Is he also a basket case?

Mike Tyson was honest about dreaming of his opponents beating him. Was he weak in the ring?

Grow up. People have shit to deal with. Her honestly takes more courage than just shutting up and releasing standard "ill be back strong soon guys thanks to my fans winkyface"

Bunch of Keyboard warriors up in this bitch.
If the fighter doesn't feel ready, whether physically or mentally, then they shouldn't fight.

Did someone break a glass around her?

Back