Roy Moore: last time America was great , was during the slavery era.

How can you defend it? Look I know you righties have an axe to grind against Blacks, but you make it too obvious here.

He is saying the last time America was great was back when we had slavery. I know he didn't explicit say what made America great was slavery, rather he thinks family values was the best back then. But family values was shit for Black people because they were property. So he obviously doesn't give a shit about Black families and what they went through, he only gives a shit about White families.

To say America was great back then because of White family values, automatically dismissed slavery as of no concern. What would you say to someone who says the last time Germany was great was back when the Nazis were in power, cause German family values was best back then.
Did he say white families? A black child born into slavery was also more likely to be raised by both parents in a 2 parent household than one born today.

I don't know why the left, instead of complaining about the myriad stupid stuff the guy has actually said and done, feel the need make shit up and lie and pretend he called slavery a good thing. He said nothing of the sort. I also don't get why there are suddenly 500 Roy Moore threads, and there are at least a handful of "Roy Moore" comments in every thread in here. Nobody gave a shit about the guy just 2 months ago, but now suddenly he's the perfect representation of all Christianity and conservatism.

If someone said "the aftermath of 9/11 really showed the strength and pride in NYC and the rest of the country", and then some ass wrote and article claiming the guy said 9/11 was a good thing, everybody would unanimously call that writer an idiot, but somehow when it's political opposition, you all just run with this asinine article.

Last edited:
People find it easier to pretend you're a troll then to answer your questions. Find 1 example of what you're accusing me of. Something tells me this is where you disappear.
I never even heard of this poster until recently. Definitely a prior limp wrist ban.

It's crazy how these same limp wrist blue haired libtards who get banned here constantly keep coming back.

Did he say white families? A black child born into slavery was also more likely to be raised by both parents in a 2 parent household than one born today.

I don't know why the left, instead of complaining about the myriad stupid stuff the guy has actually said and done, feel the need make shit up and lie and pretend he called slavery a good thing. He said nothing of the sort. I also don't get why there are suddenly 500 Roy Moore threads, and there are at least a handful of "Roy Moore" comments in every thread in here. Nobody gave a shit about the guy just 2 months ago, but now suddenly he's the perfect representation of all Christianity and conservatism.

WLNoirM.gif

Really? We went from states rights to federalism. Federalism is a big reason we left England. Slavery was just the catylist for the civil war.

I would argue our country was closest to the constitution pre civil war. We could go nack to these values whithout going back to slavery. Hell only the top 1% even owned slaves
Not sure how this post relates to my own

I never even heard of this poster until recently. Definitely a prior limp wrist ban.

It's crazy how these same limp wrist blue haired libtards who get banned here constantly keep coming back.

Haven't you seen the Russia mega threads?? They're gluttons for pain lol

I haven't read the entire statement, but the way it reads, he essentially says slavery was a negative of that era. Not that he supports it.

Now, perhaps he shouldn't be so dismissive of it. You don't "we had slavery, but" the issue, as if slavery was flu of some kind, but I don't see why you need sensationalize it like you are.

It's not sensationalizing it, you hit the problem on the head but you're minimizing how bad a position it is. You don't "we had slavery, but..." the issue. The statement is dismissive of the large scale social impact of slavery on this country, as you also noted. To state that the country was last great during a period of time where a percentage of the population were actual slaves is just flabbergasting.

Roy Moore really thinks America was greatest while enslaving black people and breaking up black families because other people's families were okay??

The family values statement juxtaposed with a dismissal of slavery, which directly impacted black families negatively, isn't something to be minimized.

Yahoo casting a net for smear spins similar to Huffpost. Really working to create a narrative. Shameful.

I actually came in here expecting his statement to have been taken out of context.

That is insane. It's more insane that he said it out loud to a black person. It's truly insane if anyone finds it an acceptable comment.

That doesn't change anything, because he very well could have picked an era without slavery.

It wasn't great. America could never have been greatest when we had slavery. It shows that he only cares about White families, not family values. Because he doesn't give a shit about Black families. How can anyone say Family values was greatest back then , when Black families were torn apart and brutalized.

But is he saying black ppl should be enslaved again?

He’s saying today’s society should emulate the one 200 years ago - slavery, how about that?

Not sure how this post relates to my own

I was agreeing with Moore which was facepalm worthy to you. America was greatest pre civil war due to strong family unity and us focusing on smaller government at the local level.

The federalists in the North took a big shit on states rights and began bloating our government. This theme continues today with our unsustainable entitlements. Which part specifically did you disagree with?

I actually came in here expecting his statement to have been taken out of context.

That is insane. It's more insane that he said it out loud to a black person. It's truly insane if anyone finds it an acceptable comment.

Are you suggesting he condoned slavery?

Then he could have said the 1950s, which is the nostalgia the conservative party runs on. There was no need to go back to the time of slavery, yet, like always, the fool reveals himself in ways he dare not intend.

But there’s always somebody who’s oppressed at any moment in history

In 50s women didn’t have all their rights n neither did blacks, so that too could be seen as unacceptable answer

Gays only recently got all the rights straights have, so anything before that moment aldo can’t be considered “great”?

What is it with some Murkans? Its 2017 and people want to go back to the fvking 1800s?

I bet Moore whacks off to the same fantasy every night: Hes a plantation owner in the South in the 1850s and he bangs a bunch of under-age slave girls who cant escape from the plantation.

But there’s always somebody who’s oppressed at any moment in history

In 50s women didn’t have all their rights n neither did blacks, so that too could be seen as unacceptable answer

Gays only recently got all the rights straights have, so anything before that moment aldo can’t be considered “great”?

Yes. That is partly the point. This yearning for the past is not ok. Our world is far better than it was in the 50s, and in sooooooo many ways, and yet these people, regressive entirely, want to go back to the time when our society was extremely selective on who and who was not acceptable.

Granted, we have forces in our halls of power doing that to this day, but we are in an upward progression in spite of those people.

He somehow managed to complain about America not being united in the same sentence.. Incredible.

What is it with some Murkans? Its 2017 and people want to go back to the fvking 1800s?

I bet Moore whacks off to the same fantasy every night: Hes a plantation owner in the South in the 1850s and he bangs a bunch of under-age slave girls who cant escape from the plantation.

If you took away slavery, why not?

And for good reasons, outlined above.

Why did the US enter WWI?

Think about the Balfour Declaration. What business of it was ours? Power changed hands then. All of a sudden we were cucking to and engaging in foreign wars for Israel.

Nothing has changed since then.

Haven't you seen the Russia mega threads?? They're gluttons for pain lol
They just want to come back later and say, "I TOLD U SO!!!!!" and if Trump never gets impeached for the "Russian collusion scandal" it's not that bad on them.

They also want a comeback for all the shit the libtard posters took for when Hillary lost and Trump won. It BURNS them still MWHAHAHA!

8bcPf7d.gif

But the country wasn't great with slavery, this is the simple point you are glossing over or agreeing with.

So there was nothing great about USA 200 years ago just cause of slavery (practiced all over the world at that time)

It being a democracy with a constitution n all those amendments?

All that should be ignored cause slavery was still practiced?

Back