Elections Rudy Guiliani found liable of defamation

Trump organized a fundraiser for his good friend. It's as far as he'll go.

i'm just waiting for the news to be revealed that only one of those $100,000 dinner plates got sold and it was rudy who bought it, and then cleaned the plate after.

The best part is that one of the creditors listed on the bankruptcy filing is....wait for it.....

.....Hunter Biden.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/giuliani-bankruptcy-148-million-defamation-judgment/

To generate cash, he's sold 9/11 shirts for $911 and pitched sandals sold by Donald Trump ally Mike Lindell. He also started selling video messages on Cameo for $325 a pop, although his page on the site says Giuliani is no longer available.

poor rudy. he's now been reduced to hawking pairs of MySlippers for mike lindell, and giving shoutouts on cameo to people who are suing him.

they need to garnish that income and give it to his defamation victims too. just leave him with a bottle of sherry and a bridge to sleep under. he'll be fine.

I'm all for Rudi getting a civil judgment against him for libel, just like I'm all for some of the planners of the Jan 6 riot getting jail time.

But the AMOUNT of this judgment, and the AMOUNT of jail time received just stinks of political vindictiveness.

Rudi literally has to pay more than a airline does when hundreds of people are killed due to their negligence.

I'm all for Rudi getting a civil judgment against him for libel, just like I'm all for some of the planners of the Jan 6 riot getting jail time.

But the AMOUNT of this judgment, and the AMOUNT of jail time received just stinks of political vindictiveness.

Rudi literally has to pay more than a airline does when hundreds of people are killed due to their negligence.
It's an exorbitant amount, what they were asking for was probably a good amount that would give them security for the rest of their lives, but they need that security mainly because of this jackasses false claims.

The Jan 6th people seem to be getting appropriate sentences. The people that just walked over from the rally taking selfies got slaps on the wrist. It's the people that engaged in violent behavior that got stiffer sentences.

defamation has consequences.

who knew?

What do you think is the appropriate price for someone to pay when they ruin someone's life?

That ladies' life has been destroyed. She's going to live in constant fear for the rest of her life. Holding a job will be hard because idiots will harass her employer. She'll constantly have to move. It's already affected her kid.
Every penny that the pathetic puke Giuliani makes from now until his death should go to this lady.

It's an exorbitant amount, what they were asking for was probably a good amount that would give them security for the rest of their lives, but they need that security mainly because of this jackasses false claims.

The Jan 6th people seem to be getting appropriate sentences. The people that just walked over from the rally taking selfies got slaps on the wrist. It's the people that engaged in violent behavior that got stiffer sentences.

146 million is ridiculous, more the 10 times what would be reasonable.

As for the Jan 6 crowd, the 22 year sentence the proud boy leader got, who wasn't even there, was also ridiculous. The evidence against him was just a bunch of online boasting--there wasn't any real planning from the PB... some of the other militant groups like the oath-keepers were far more organized, even caching guns outside of the city in vans, but they got lighter sentence because, I assume, they're group wasn't brought up in a presidential debate and hence wouldn't make as good of an example.

As for the Jan 6 crowd, the 22 year sentence the proud boy leader got, who wasn't even there, was also ridiculous. The evidence against him was just a bunch of online boasting--there wasn't any real planning from the PB... some of the other militant groups like the oath-keepers were far more organized, even caching guns outside of the city in vans, but they got lighter sentence because, I assume, they're group wasn't brought up in a presidential debate and hence wouldn't make as good of an example.
Well we can agree to disagree. Rudy ruined these women's lives with his bullshit. Celebrities complain about losing their anonymity yet it's the fans that are making them rich. Not only did these women lose their anonymity, it isn't even fans bugging them for selfies or paparazzi hounding them, it's political whackos threatening them with death.

You're making excuses for Tarrio but the guy made his own bed and was convicted by a jury of his own peers. Let's see how much more information comes out when it's Trump on trial.

What is the reasonable amount for ruining someone's life? Fuck Rudy. And honestly they probably won't even get that 14.6 million anyway, but at least Rudy will die a pauper.

as a staunch supporter of law and order and personal accountability, the insurrectionists and seditioners have all had to answer to their crimes. most of them have already taken their peaceful and orderly organized sightseeing tours of the american justice system just to own the libs, and theres only a handful of people left to bring down, but the rest of these people are all on the upper echelon and they did the most significant amount of damage to the country, so the DOJ will be very meticulous on prosecuting them and making sure that they dot their i's and cross their t's, as they only get one chance at this.

and if you popped by the capitol rioter thread from time to time, you would learn more about why of those oath keepers got lighter sentences than the seditioners and the people who beat the shit out of a bunch of cops. i don't know exactly what kind of oath's these "oath keepers" are swearing their allegiance to, but they had no problem cooperating with the feds and dropping dime on each another after they gotten themselves arrested.

Back