Rugby World Cup France 2023

There has been a few upsets the past couple of years. Italy beating Australia and Georgia beating Wales and Italy last year, Fiji winning against England last month.

I meant in the WC, specifically.

I think in the history of the tournament, no team out of the traditional 5 nations and tri nations has ever won a knock out game, outside of Argentina in 2015, who themselves are borderline top level these days.

Yeah not many surprises during the WC competitions. Perhaps Japan last time who could edge Ireland and Scotland partly due to the home advantage. I had some hopes for Fiji, and perhaps Georgia or Samoa, to pull an upset, but it seems really unlikely now.

Yeah not many surprises during the WC competitions. Perhaps Japan last time who could edge Ireland and Scotland partly due to the home advantage. I had some hopes for Fiji, and perhaps Georgia or Samoa, to pull an upset, but it seems really unlikely now.

Exactly.

If one of the top teams are struggling, you might get the occasional upset in the group stages.

Same time, chances of a non top 8 team reaching the semis, let alone the final, is close to zero.

I was inconvenienced at a shengen area border today due to this. Only reason I knew it was going on. May have to see what games are in Lyon or Paris.

I should really start watching this. For context most think all Aussies are into rugby, it's only really if you're from NSW or Queensland, I'm in Victoria and it's all about Aussie Rules here, rugby is very niche here.
Aussie rules??
spit-funny.gif

uruguay getting fucked by the refs.shouldve been a red card and a try

Day Seven Roundup

Result:

France 27 - 12 Uruguay

Pool A:

A.png
If Namibia has gotten throttled by Italy 52-8, scary to think what NZ and France will do to them. They'll all want the bonus point, don't think any mercy will be shown.

If Namibia has gotten throttled by Italy 52-8, scary to think what NZ and France will do to them. They'll all want the bonus point, don't think any mercy will be shown.

Correction: NZ/France reserves.

Wonder how far you’d have to go to make it competitive?

NZ’s 10th team?

Impressive performance by Ireland!

Day Nine Roundup

Results:

Samoa 43 - 10 Chile
Wales 28 - 8 Portugal
Ireland 59 - 19 Tonga

Pools:

B
B.png

C
C.png

D
D.png

No. Probably NZ under 16 team if we're being serious.

Had this very conversation with a friend.

Not sure I'd go as far as U16, but I'd definitely say the U21s and maybe U18s.

Had this very conversation with a friend.

Not sure I'd go as far as U16, but I'd definitely say the U21s and maybe U18s.

NZ 21s are a very good side and 18s too. Kiwis are big boys and develop early. I'll stick with my original comment.

NZ 21s are a very good side and 18s too. Kiwis are big boys and develop early. I'll stick with my original comment.

We concluded similar in terms of them being big lads......but still 16 year olds seems a stretch, especially in the pack.....wouldn't be shocked if you're right, though.

Back