International Russia vs. Ukraine Combat Megathread vol.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was reported that Putin is pissed because he expected Kiev to be taken within four days. You think there is any truth to that?
Hard to say based on the fact that it seems they almost sent in their troops on a death setence being that they came in with the most craptastic gear, weapons, armor everything. I was reading that some of these tanks can literally be used to cook the occupants inside if you moltov them properly in a few areas. Something about that just seems, well , odd

Regarding British soldiers in Ukraine:
“Recently there have been reports in the media that foreigners are invited to Ukraine to help fight against Russia. We explain the situation. You, as members of the British Army, are not allowed to travel to Ukraine supporting the ongoing conflict against Russia in any form, whether you are on leave or not (c) Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the United Kingdom Armed Forces, Lieutenant General Chris Tickell.
Doesn’t mean shit, ofc, “volunteers” will come.

I can see soldiers that are no longer active duty going. Look at the Free Peshmerga Army that was a foreign all-volunteer force that fought ISIS. They were 99% all former military volunteers.

Active duty members = a nation's direct involvement.

At least that's how it'll be spun.

I've had this feeling for a few days that the West doesn't want to expel Russia from Ukraine. I think we want to deliver only enough support to keep this going for as long as possible, until it results in a massive loss of treasure, and terrorism inside Russia. There is no secret about what Russia is fielding, and we could send anything we wanted over there to help, so it seems calculated to me that all they want to do is bleed the Russian economy and wreck their planes while letting them shit all over the whole country.

Apart from the most radical fringes, there isn't a human being alive in Europe right now who doesn't want Russia kicked out of Ukraine as soon as possible. Public opinion will not stand for this, and unlike Russia, public opinion does actually matter here.

That’s textbook performance/preparation anxiety. Put simply, he’s in completely uncharted territory. His breath is “stacking” in his chest so he needs to forcefully exhale every 30 second or so to keep from literally suffocating.

No kidding. I honestly didn't think he'd ever shoot for his shot for the history books like this. It was actually getting to the point where any attention directed towards Putin and Russia - And Not The Chinese Communist Party - was legitimately irritating. I never saw Russia as an actual threat. All the "Russia gate" shit nonsense too that dominated DJT's first two whole years in the White House, I never gave it a second and I was nowhere to be found in any of those threads either.

You can do better than that
Anything else child? It was a savvy PR play by a very rich man dipping a promotional toe into a international affair once again. lol @ this making someone goated who has a history of spending in the millions on publicity stunts every few months.

Good post, but what about the intangible social aspects. Meaning (and I think it was @Strychnine that brought it up earlier) there are still plenty that live there that remember bread lines. They remember what it was like near the end of the Soviet era. They may be able to grow enough food to not starve...but that alone doesn't stop unrest in the populace (although for sure it helps). But how well is this communicated to their people? Restlessness has already began, less than a week in. People standing in line for hours for the ATM as they see their currency tank.

Is Russia truly prepared to essentially be isolationists? And I'm saying Russia, not Putin. He might be. He may have made preparations that he felt were adequate to ride this out as a pariah. But did he REALLY project accurately what his populace will think and do under these circumstances? Is he even capable of that?

Really I think it is looking very much like Putin wants to try and make this as fast as possible, to achieve whatever he wants to achieve in days not weeks/months when there can still be a lot of misinformation fed to his own population and the bite of sanctions won't hit so hard.

I spose the question becomes if he does achieve "something" and then the active fighting stops and reduces does he hope sanctions will lessen? maybe not on him and his allies but the stuff more targetted at the Russian economny.

Anything else child? It was a savvy PR play by a very rich man dipping a promotional toe into a international affair once again. lol @ this making someone gated who has a history of spending in the millions on publicity stunts every few months.

Better thanks <Moves>

I can see soldiers that are no longer active duty going. Look at the Free Peshmerga Army that was a foreign all-volunteer force that fought ISIS. They were 99% all former military volunteers.

Active duty members = a nation's direct involvement.

At least that's how it'll be spun.
probably more a mix of nuts/thrillseekers
Good luck trying to tell ukranians and russians apart if ur not from there lmao.

This is kinda what I'm referencing.

Hitler blitzed and took over Paris in about a month of time. It's historically heralded as hilariously incompetent by the French to surrender so easily and lose their country. Ill prepared, poorly defended and mocked for DECADES. And this is with Hitler's forces having exactly zero mercy during the invasion.

Putin crosses the border and within the week we have people stating that the invasion has sucked and it isn't going well. There are fairly minimal civilian casualties and the President of Ukraine is handing out assault rifles to grandfathers and teenage boys, also stating that they will arm foreigners to fight the Russians. This is all within a few days of the invasion.

The analysis of this war is very anti-Russian, it's too soon, too shallow, and nonsensical. The analysis is very checkers, Putin knows he has plenty of time to play chess and overpower Ukraine.

That being said, yes, Russia has taken losses and isn't executing at a Spetznaz (spelling?) level. But Russia is still in Ukraine and within marathon distance of the capitol city.

To pretend that Russia can't have hiccups and still successfully execute this is just silly. They aren't sucking. They're in the drivers seat, guys.
Oh yeah, it always was like that from the start. This is Putin trying to have some fun and its not going there way, but they got about 6000+ Trump cards, 3-4x the military, hence their decsion to attempt some shit like this. It's because they thought they could do it, and porbably quite easyily, hence that 4 hour or 1 day time frame that was given.

Anyone find it crazy how easy it is to see death online now. Go on ready and just see multiple videos of dead bodies from war. Back in my day as a teen we had to go to crazyshit or other download shit on limewire.

yes. Why?

Personally, I would say you are an inspiration to those who worry they will be replaced in the workforce by machines. After all, the dishwasher was invented 170 years ago and yet here you are still gainfully employed scrubbing those pots and pans.

Hitler blitzed and took over Paris in about a month of time. It's historically heralded as hilariously incompetent by the French to surrender so easily and lose their country.

Putin crosses the border and within the week we have people stating that the invasion has sucked and it isn't going well. This is all within a few days of the invasion.

The analysis of this war is very anti-Russian, it's too soon, too shallow, and nonsensical. The analysis is very checkers, Putin knows he has plenty of time to play chess and overpower Ukraine.
Russians are nowhere close to what the Germans did in Europe in WWII.
The Germans developed Blitzkrieg (Lightning war) to beat France and other countries as fast as possible. The point in Blitzkrieg was to take an enemy country out before they could pull enough people and resources to resist. Plus, the German Army was well led and trained. Highly disciplined and motivated. Something the Russian Army currently lacks.

Yes those Ukrainians would clearly rather live under Putin's boot than in a more progressive, western type society. They've made that very clear by the way they've handled this.

FFS...

well that western puppet in kiev did a good job of manipulating ukrainian citizens.

theres also significant numbers of legit neo nazis who see russians as inferior group (racial supremacy = another western import)...

but youre right, majority of ukrainians definitely wanna live in more progressive/western style society and support all the latest sjw issues.

Holy shit.

Yeah, I'm one of the most anti-woke but even I find this crazy lol

Stalin did, from 1932 to 1933.
The Soviet famine killed roughly 8.5 million people.
The Russian economy has now tanked. Russia is now headed to become another North Korea.
Let's see how long it will take the Russian people to get rid of Putin.

Russia+Ukraine accounts for 20% of the worlds wheat production

China+Russia has also stopped exports of main ingredients for fertilizer until April

I don't think you realise that we will starve before them lol

European racism in full affect

They feel something similar to what the middle east has felt for the last 50 years lol

Yikes. Those are words you wanna take back right after they slip out your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.