International Russia vs. Ukraine Combat Megathread vol.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's something about the way Putin is breathing throughout the early parts of this speech.

Huge, deep breaths, that can't be the result of talking.

That’s textbook performance/preparation anxiety. Put simply, he’s in completely uncharted territory. His breath is “stacking” in his chest so he needs to forcefully exhale every 30 second or so to keep from literally suffocating.

giphy.gif

I know I know @Rebelfett , just let this one slide please...
As long as it doesn't grow 8' higher

Apparently, about half of the soldiers working at my sisters Intellgence base in Germany have had all of their social media accounts hacked and hijacked.

Russia is a net importer of foods only dollar (ok, ruble) wise. And that is immaterial in this context. Calorically, they produce far more than necessary to keep everyone well fed. And they can (and do) produce the precursors (fertilizer, etc) necessary to continue their agricultural production. This isn’t China, with a bloated population and severely degraded and limited arable land. You will not starve Russia.

Folks are really underestimating how well prepared Putin is, and how focused his preparations have been for this goal.

He is already stocked up-there’s no stocking up to be done. In that, you are mistaken. We are talking the largest country in the world here, with a plethora of resources. Their low population density is a benefit, not a liability. He truly has prepared for most contingencies; did you know Russia has developed their own microchip industry, mostly for this goal?

I hope you do not see my post as promotional. It is just realistic. I think it is imperative that Putin is destroyed. He needs to hang from the end of a rope. I just believe we need to be clear eyed in how horrible getting there will be. Outside of an internal coup relatively soon, this will be absolutely awful.

Good post, but what about the intangible social aspects. Meaning (and I think it was @Strychnine that brought it up earlier) there are still plenty that live there that remember bread lines. They remember what it was like near the end of the Soviet era. They may be able to grow enough food to not starve...but that alone doesn't stop unrest in the populace (although for sure it helps). But how well is this communicated to their people? Restlessness has already began, less than a week in. People standing in line for hours for the ATM as they see their currency tank.

Is Russia truly prepared to essentially be isolationists? And I'm saying Russia, not Putin. He might be. He may have made preparations that he felt were adequate to ride this out as a pariah. But did he REALLY project accurately what his populace will think and do under these circumstances? Is he even capable of that?

Regarding British soldiers in Ukraine:
“Recently there have been reports in the media that foreigners are invited to Ukraine to help fight against Russia. We explain the situation. You, as members of the British Army, are not allowed to travel to Ukraine supporting the ongoing conflict against Russia in any form, whether you are on leave or not (c) Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the United Kingdom Armed Forces, Lieutenant General Chris Tickell.
Doesn’t mean shit, ofc, “volunteers” will come.

Balls! I don't know if this is real.
Ukrainian civilian removes landmine from road without any fear
* They will be used against Russian tanks.

I was talking about you saying there are bank runs and long lines and scare supplies and food. That scenario is already happening in the Ukraine.

Yes, the country being invaded LOL. Again, contextually, how does that matter? Are you seeing them turn on their own government because of it? Of course not, in fact it's galvanizing them. Why? Because it's not their government that brought these conditions on them. It's a foreign government. Meanwhile as this happens in Russia, do you think the Russian people are dumb enough to blame the Ukrainians who are being invaded? Of course not. They'll blame THEIR OWN government and that's then things could potentially go badly for Putin.

Do you understand now, in context, the glaring difference in the two things you're trying to compare?

Is Russia truly prepared to essentially be isolationists?

No... and Putin wouldn't be making threats about sanctions if they were. He's now up to his neck in this and has his own arrogance and ignorance to thank for it. I'm assuming he moves to shell Kiev until it looks like Dresden 1945. The world will be aghast... Ukraine will turn into Iraq on steroids for 5 years and Putin will eventually be tried for war crimes in absentia. He'll never leave Russia - will die there having lived into old age avoiding dying in a jail cell in Germany or Belgium.

Why does this map have Mariupol completely red when its still controlled by Ukrainian military forces?

They painted everything that is encircled by Russians, in red, too. Unofficial, what can I say? :oops:
Mariupol is an interesting nut to crack, btw. Highest concentration of guys who have nothing to lose - “Azov” battalion guys and other proud boys. Plus around 200 mercs from the rest of the world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.