Social San Diego Teachers forced to attend White Privilege training

I don't think there's anything hypocritical about about whites calling other whites names vs black people doing the same. That other poster was alleging that no one cares about abuse being thrown at white people. I said that he had a selective memory because whenever he or others call other white people soyboys or whatever, people express understanding at the abuse being directed at those white people and defend them against the abuse. That's not the irony, that's just his ignorance and selective memory.

Or, in mockery of him, maybe he didn't realize that the things he said were also abuse and so didn't realize that when people defend white people against him, they are defending white people from abuse. That's ironic - that he doesn't realize that he's the person doing the abuse and so he's blind to how white people are supported against him.

The other bit of irony is that he's making this allegation while referencing a book called "White Fragility". Complaining about a book called white fragility while demonstrating an extremely fragile ego on the matter.

I'm going to completely disagree with you here. It feels like an expectation for black Americans to show that their views fall within a certain subset of parameters? Who does it feel like that to? Because Black Americans have been having this exact same debate for decades and, to my understanding, while black conservatives have always been the minority position, we've never felt compelled to show our views in limited parameters.

Everywhere that black Americans discuss these things, you have this exact same divide. We've been having this discussion in barber shops and bbq's forever. As I said in my prior post, it's white conservatives who insist that the debate ostracizes one group. But as I've said to you in previous posts, its because those people never cared what black Americans were doing or talking about. They didn't care what they said or did about violence until the part about police reached the national stage.

And they didn't care about the internal black debates on these issues until they started wanting more black votes at the national level. Now, every black person who agrees with them is a martyr to those people because they didn't know that those black positions have always existed and were always the minority position. Not ostracized but not new either. New to white people, not new to black people. But for white people who didn't know there were black conservatives, they treat them like an endangered species who need special protection when we don't.

As I say over and over again when it comes to black America - just because mainstream America wasn't paying attention doesn't mean something wasn't happening.

In many ways, social media has really highlighted just how much black culture, thought, politics, etc. was operating in the shadows and just how little mainstream white America paid attention to it.

So...if the conversations were mostly happening in restaurants or barber shops etc that white people didn't go to, is it now that social media has given a public voice to people who just didn't have one before? Maybe "not caring" to a degree, but more just a lack of knowledge about what the black community was talking about among themselves? Another example of social media making mainstream media less important?

Don't forget all the whites who have no problem calling other whites "white trash" Certainly it isn't the conservative lot that are doing it most of the time. I grew up poor without a father and drug addict mother and the only reason I finished school and didn't end up in prison is because my lower class grandparents took custody of me at twelve.

And yet, calling someone like me white trash when I was growing up is certainly acceptable by double standards right?

Yeah for sure. It's weird because these racial subsets that we have all have our own things that we say to each other. And we know within our own subset what they mean and the connotations that go with them. "White Trash" is not a nice thing to call someone at all. I always assumed it was pretty bad if a black person called another an uncle Tom, but do I really KNOW that? No, I don't.

This. Is what the left will bring.
Awful people like queenbee and Milton_Gracie will be appearing and cheering this on.
What a group of awful people
They're trolls. Milton is meh, but Queen B is hilarious. I wouldn't take em seriously.

i hope they make asian teachers attend this training. their asian privilege made them more successful than whites, and thats not a good thing. they need to know their role and dumb themselves down so they can be on par with the other minorities
Wait till they hear about Jewish privilege, it'll make their heads explode!

"Wassup, teachers. So, here's the thing: hundreds of years ago blacks got their asses kicked by the white men. The white men were simply better at kicking ass and conquering. Blacks also wanted to kick ass, but they failed. Now, because they failed, they're pissed about it, so to keep them tame, we're supposed to walk around acting as if we're criminals and they're poor victims who deserve reparations, even though without us, criminals, they wouldn't even exist and be living in america. So yeah...it's basically that...just admit you're shit and give them free stuff. Like what you do with a kid, you know? When you arm wrestle a kid, you pretend he won. Same shit. Also, by being submissive towards them and "accepting" them, we push society towards looking at our desire for BBC as something "cool" and totally acceptable. So since the whole conquering thing is over, we can simply enjoy sucking on their BBC's instead of enslaving them. "

They're trolls. Milton is meh, but Queen B is hilarious. I wouldn't take em seriously.
Queen is hilarious because she's obviously a troll. I think Milton_Gracie actually believe what he says. Which is sad and scary at the same time

Well if any one wanted proof the left is mentally ill.

WTF is their end game in all of this insanity, this shit is more fucked up then the communism brainwashing. We all knew communisms is bs, people lived under it by force.
This shit is by choice, WTF is wrong with americans?

God forbid the black community ever took responsibility for their shit quality of lives and actually did something about it other then wehhw ehh white wehhw ehh racism.
It’s not all black people, though it is a sizeable proportion. But the real proponents of this racist nonsense are white grifters like Robin DiAngelo and Shaun King who know that there is a steady demand for white guilt, black non-accountability and identity politics, and, a steady income supply for those that push for it in academia, the media and social media platforms.

While in college, I had to take a class on culture, it was a requirement.

So I signed up for a class about Native Americans.

After spending all this time taking an Engineering curriculum, plus one of my best buds is Native American, and I was thinking this class was really going to dive into culture, history and not be some white washed high school type of class, I was really looking forward to it.

Talk about being naive. I was giving the school way too much credit.

16 weeks of some lady who was about as Native American as Elizabeth Warren telling us every single class what shit heads we all were because of what we did to Native Americans. That was the whole class, every single lecture. I couldn't believe I was actually paying good money to be there.

I stuck it out, graduated and moved on.

It’s not all black people, though it is a sizeable proportion. But the real proponents of this racist nonsense are white grifters like Robin DiAngelo and Shaun King who know that there is a steady demand for white guilt, black non-accountability and identity politics, and, a steady income supply for those that push for it in academia, the media and social media platforms.

There are plenty of Black Americans who aren't falling for this shit anymore and it is growing every single day. Thank god.

Actually, I know the opposite and you do too.

This is just posturing for the internet on your part. What I don't know is why you do it.
As much as I believe in education and encouraging the individual’s understanding of their surroundings I don’t believe in sensitivity training or identity politics being any good at it.
That’s why. How about you?

Queen is hilarious because she's obviously a troll. I think Milton_Gracie actually believe what he says. Which is sad and scary at the same time
Gossiping about me? LMFAO!!!!

I understand you got triggered, but if talking to people about me makes you feel better, you go right ahead son.

"Wassup, teachers. So, here's the thing: hundreds of years ago blacks got their asses kicked by the white men. The white men were simply better at kicking ass and conquering. Blacks also wanted to kick ass, but they failed. Now, because they failed, they're pissed about it, so to keep them tame, we're supposed to walk around acting as if we're criminals and they're poor victims who deserve reparations, even though without us, criminals, they wouldn't even exist and be living in america. So yeah...it's basically that...just admit you're shit and give them free stuff. Like what you do with a kid, you know? When you arm wrestle a kid, you pretend he won. Same shit. Also, by being submissive towards them and "accepting" them, we push society towards looking at our desire for BBC as something "cool" and totally acceptable. So since the whole conquering thing is over, we can simply enjoy sucking on their BBC's instead of enslaving them. "
You sound like a girl dumped you for a BBC

So...if the conversations were mostly happening in restaurants or barber shops etc that white people didn't go to, is it now that social media has given a public voice to people who just didn't have one before? Maybe "not caring" to a degree, but more just a lack of knowledge about what the black community was talking about among themselves? Another example of social media making mainstream media less important?
I don't think it gave a public space to people who didn't have one before. I think it made other people aware of conversations that they weren't aware of previously. But I don't think it has made mainstream media less important. Most people still encounter these things on mainstream media first. Social media has served as a place from which people become aware of the conversations and then mainstream media picks up on it and that's where the majority of Americans encounter it and it finally enters the general American conversation.

I don't think it gave a public space to people who didn't have one before. I think it made other people aware of conversations that they weren't aware of previously. But I don't think it has made mainstream media less important. Most people still encounter these things on mainstream media first. Social media has served as a place from which people become aware of the conversations and then mainstream media picks up on it and that's where the majority of Americans encounter it and it finally enters the general American conversation.

Yeah could be. The dynamic between mainstream media and social media seems to be ever evolving but you could be right. Social media is often the catalyst and mainstream media the accelerant.

Back