Sea of Thieves

Woldog

SherGOAT
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Its out tomorrow, will any of you be playing it? I've played 2 of the beta's and its fun but I'm hoping they have more content in it, I enjoyed it but it could have been so much more interesting. Ahh well I'll have the full game tomorrow to see what it's like.

I watched a dude on twitch play it. Seemed pretty repetitive...go dig up treasure, bring it to your ship, dig up more, go sell it... . the combat seemed pretty cool though and it looked really good.

Far Cry is next week so I doubt I'll be getting this - waiting on reviews anyway. Hopefully there's more to it than the gameplay video.

yeah, i haven't played any of the betas or anything, and i'm not expecting a very deep game but hoping to be able to have some fun with friends who are buying it too.

If there is about a million times more content than beta, then I will buy it sometime soon.

Blackwake is on sale till midnight if you want to scratch the pirate itch, it's a straight combat game a la Guns of Icarus. Sea of Thieves looks fun, but way too pricey for what I've seen.

Is it an MMO? I know it won't support like a 1000 players or anything but can you get into ship battles vs another team in an open world?

Is it an MMO? I know it won't support like a 1000 players or anything but can you get into ship battles vs another team in an open world?
6 ships 24 players max I believe

this game would really benefit from 100 players though

Eh, how big is the map? Will you actually find the other 6 ships? Do you join a server or does it randomly put you with other people? Can u only do a private server with friends?

100 players sounds amazing to me..I wish it was like that.

Can you take over islands?

Eh, how big is the map? Will you actually find the other 6 ships? Do you join a server or does it randomly put you with other people? Can u only do a private server with friends?

I'd say the map feels roughly the same size as pubg maps. Random servers none dedicated- yet. Map size is easily large enough for 100 players without it being too populated. With 24 players there's a lot of time spent without seeing other players

I'm hopeful Rare stays on top of this game with updates though. This game could be like fortnite and pubg where it gets better and better as time passes

It actually varies, all servers are connected the same way as World of Warcraft did with server merging, so the idea is the ships per area is infinite but they limit it to roughly 6, but if you move away from those 6 there will be another six elsewhere while those six will remain moving through the instances. It's hard to explain but that's how it works, so you should see a ship every 15 minutes. But its varied as to who you'll see for a supply and demand style server I guess. I'll be getting on soon to find out.

End game you can win islands and they become your base

It actually varies, all servers are connected the same way as World of Warcraft did with server merging, so the idea is the ships per area is infinite but they limit it to roughly 6, but if you move away from those 6 there will be another six elsewhere while those six will remain moving through the instances. It's hard to explain but that's how it works, so you should see a ship every 15 minutes. But its varied as to who you'll see for a supply and demand style server I guess. I'll be getting on soon to find out.

End game you can win islands and they become your base

We have Game Pass... So Yes, I'm in. At least my kids are.

I've kind of been regulated to the PC since the kids got older and took over the Xbox... lol

We have Game Pass... So Yes, I'm in. At least my kids are.

I've kind of been regulated to the PC since the kids got older and took over the Xbox... lol

I've been playing it on PC haha, if you own an xbox copy you can play it on PC as well.

I've been playing it on PC haha, if you own an xbox copy you can play it on PC as well.

Well, well, well... Thanks a ton. I had no idea!!!

I wonder if there's other games that will also work on PC.... for free

Well, well, well... Thanks a ton. I had no idea!!!

I wonder if there's other games that will also work on PC.... for free

If they have Xbox "Play Anywhere" they should.

I'll probably hop on this weekend and try it with game pass.

I'm guessing with that would also apply to people who purchase in steam for the pc can also download the game on x-box live right?

shame about the connection issues today, but was able to get on and play with some friends for a bit and it was a lot of fun.

I'm guessing with that would also apply to people who purchase in steam for the pc can also download the game on x-box live right?

Negative. There is a high chance it will never come out on Steam and will only be available through the Xbox store on Windows 10 and Xbox One or a physical copy (which will only be able to be played on the console its bought for).
The issues for it releasing on steam as put by Rare was simply the fact that it would require another team to work on the Steam version alone and would run into all sorts of issues with being able to connect with Xbox players. They said it may be possible but at this stage are focusing on the Xbox and PC version available through the Microsoft store.

Ported in this short conversation from a recent thread...
Got one more for you that is highly popular right now; you check out Sea of Thieves? Huge on Twitch. Can't believe I forgot that.

Upcoming:
https://www.polygon.com/features/2017/12/29/16822542/top-50-games-of-2018
Far Cry 5 if you're a fan of the series. Metal Gear: Survive and Vampyr look interesting, but not groundbreaking or life-changing.

Streaming Sea of Thieves is against their TOS. Level1techs looked into it and decided it wasn't worth the risk.

Bmw3npGCYAAg9YL.jpg

{<doc}{<doc}{<doc}

They killed their Twitch presence at the top of the charts? This is why you can't have nice things, Microsoft.

I'm assuming Microsoft plans on rolling out their own Twitch style service or they already have one.
The way Microsoft works these days, they wouldn't just ban your game code. They would ban your entire Microsoft account.

I headed over to see the status of the game on Twitch after you posted that. There was a dozen streamers up, but almost no viewers.

I actually learned about the game's existence by scrolling through the top charts in late January. I was like, "Sea of Thieves? What the fuck is Sea of Thieves?" Hopped on, and the streamer was playing in a pair with a friend. They saw one other ship with players, but they decided to avoid conflict, and go about their mission towards some island, where the streamer shot his friend out of his cannon.

Did they not implement the ban until early access ended? When did they start cracking down?
Did they change their terms of service, again, now that it has officially released, or does everyone on Twitch just not know they're not supposed to be streaming?

Because right now it's back up near the top at #3 on the charts with 76,837 viewers.

Back