Sean Strickland arm hyperextended

I like Sean, but if you have ever trained with him you'd know there's probably a lot more to this story.
They had some friendly banter before and then he could have had his arm snapped in half

Sanchez does come off in the wrong in the video, but I've heard lots of negative things about Strickland. Listen to the commentary of his last fight, you can tell Bisping hates him lol.

What have you heard? He seems like a nice dude and he handled that situation in a very mature manner.

What have you heard? He seems like a nice dude and he handled that situation in a very mature manner.
He punched and kicked Orlando in a BJJ session lol, I get Orlando was in the wrong too, but not the most mature thing ever, and Orlando said at the end Strickland said he didn't deserve to be there, so he's talking shit to an elite BJJ player who has 80 lbs. on him, and then grappling with him, the fuck did he expect to happen?

You could tell Bisping didn't like him when he commentated his last fight, said something to the effect of him thinking he knows everything, plus he constantly travels around and can't stick with a team. You can tell in interviews he's very blunt and rude. I actually kinda like him, but you can tell his personality would clash with a lot of people.

That's pretty much the same shoulder crank that Jones caught Glover with when he was exploiting his lazy underhook. Fair play in a professional fight, but pretty shitty to do it in a sparring context against a training partner -- especially when said sparring partner has a pro fight coming up (the biggest fight of his career). Man, I wouldn't even be surprised if a lot of dedicated amateur grappling practitioners in the BJJ/Catch/Sambo/etc. circuits might even hesitate to use that technique in competition.

Last edited:
That meat head is an addc champ lol. I own an mma school and I'm a black belt in bjj myself. Me and our trainers have to check fighters behaviors in gym all the time because of egos in gym.

This happens alot across ALL mma gyms because fighters are emotional to begin with. They get pissed easy, and are always trying to one up each other in training. Much different from the other martials we teach .

The fighters know who are the top dogs between each other in training , there's no secrets in the gym. We always encourage fighters to talk it out and squash things as respectful as possible.

But if it can be talked through then they can handle their business like men in the cage too. That's has worked in squashing beefs.

Now if Sanchez pulled that crap at my gym, he would be pulled aside and informed that he's here to HELP guys make it to the big shows. He would be put on suspension training with the fighters until he makes things right with them. If he can't, then he's not welcome here.

I've had these conversations with many fighter over the years training and coaching them. I would've also pulled Sean aside and let him know that he shouldn't threaten fighters in gym because some fighters will call him out to fight him in the academy too.

It might be a sport out in public shows but it's not in the academy. All fighters want respect and are willing to defend that anytime.

Its jackasses like you that create a toxic gym culture when theyre the head coach. Go fuck yourself.

I don't really know much about grappling but I'm surprised the black belt was able to alpha and punk the guy who's supposed to be an actual fighter. Strickland seemed shook up and Sanchez was just walking him down with and aggressive and dominant posture and voice

True but at the end it's subjective because of training . You can easily argue that we were training. That's why you don't hear about lawsuits between fighters in gyms. Very easy to say it was all training haaa haaa.
You still hate white people?

Its jackasses like you that create a toxic gym culture when theyre the head coach. Go fuck yourself.

How? I said I would put guy on suspension and would require to work it out with individual. However, if they both want to squash it in the gym, I'll allow that too.

You can tell you haven't trained fighters or been around them during camps and training. They usually always forgive each other after they compete against each other in gym.

Last edited:
People are exaggerating his abilities in here. He's just a gigantic rolly polly who's going to be borderline impossible to submit due to decades of juicing and his short limbs and body mass. He is not a powerhouse wrestler with an explosive shot who is going to be able to get everyone down either. This isn't prime Mark Kerr.

If you watch his matches, it's minutes of hand fighting on the feet and then stall tactics on the ground. He is literally the most boring grappler to win ADCC and his standup looked like shit against cans back when he was in better shape and had a few MMA fights.

The best he could hope to do would be press Strickland against the cage or LnP on the ground in an actual fight. I'd put it all on him getting TKOd though. He would have no footwork in MMA at his current weight and he'd be gassed in minutes, eating straight punches until he went down.
This. I can’t believe I saw someone said he would beat Tarzan. The dude is fucken boring ass hell, I can’t remember the last time he subbed one. All his matches at ADCC were won by points after going to OT if I remember correctly.

You are right in a way and i dont like stuff like that too. However i know gyms where if you dont let them squash it in the ring, they will carry it to the streets.

How? I said I would put guy on suspension and would require to work it out with individual. However, if they both want to squash it in the gym, I'll allow that too.

You can tell you haven't trained fighters or been around them during camps and training. They usually always forgive each other after the let compete against each other in gym.
Yeah well Strickland clearly didnt want to squash it right there in the ring because he has a fight coming up and no time for nonsense like that. Fighting a 300 pounds elite bb who is notorious for being a dirty dick is a safe way to get yourself injured.

Yeah well Strickland clearly didnt want to squash it right there in the ring because he has a fight coming up and no time for nonsense like that. Fighting a 300 pounds elite bb who is notorious for being a dirty dick is a safe way to get yourself injured.

I agree, but he shouldn't make threats about doing something while walking away. My point was if he really feels like he whoop him in mma( which I think he would.) Hopefully he can squash it after his fight.

Maybe they talk it out, or they compete behind closed doors like many fighters do in the gym.

I agree, but he shouldn't make threats about doing something while walking away. My point was if he really feels like he whoop him in mma( which I think he would.) Hopefully he can squash it after his fight.

Maybe they talk it out, or they compete behind closed doors like many fighters do in the gym.
From my own experience there is a difference between hard sparring and trying to fight it out with someone who previously try to purposefully injure someone.
Letting people bang it out is a relict and shouldnt be encouraged by staff. Not everybody can stay as calm as Sean tho.
Also i dont know if you really expect Sanchez to accept a mma sparring? It then becomes a question of rules etc.
Or do you wanna tell me, you guys encourage street fights?

From my own experience there is a difference between hard sparring and trying to fight it out with someone who previously try to purposefully injure someone.
Letting people bang it out is a relict and shouldnt be encouraged by staff. Not everybody can stay as calm as Sean tho.
Also i dont know if you really expect Sanchez to accept a mma sparring? It then becomes a question of rules etc.
Or do you wanna tell me, you guys encourage street fights?

I encourage my fighters to work things out or go their separate ways. However if both fighters want to squash in the cage at gym, they can do that too. We are grown men and in a martial arts world. Sometimes it's the only way it will be resolved.

Most people on these forums are fans and never have competed in combat sports or even know how fighters think and behave. In every gym, their is conflict at times between fighters. Most things work out after everyone cools down, sometimes not.

As a coach and owner of a mma academy, the mma students are our biggest issues when it comes to conflicts in the gym.

Our boxing, muythai and bjj classes very rarely have any conflicts where people are getting pissed and trying to fight.

It just comes with the territory with mma guys for the most part where I have to stop training because of heated arguments or fights. I think because mma training is the closets to fighting so the guys ego are damaged more than any other martial arts in the academy.

The mma guys are ok losing to the better pure boxer, or BJJ guy, but when it comes to mma, alot take it personal when their getting worked. Not all of them but alot.

Bisping says what I've said about what happens in the gyms between fighters.

Last edited:
Back