Sean Strickland vs. Khamzat Chimaev

gilbert_mma

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I will admit that prior to the Usman fight, I was a believer in Khamzat. But I must also admit that after the Usman fight, I was pretty appalled at his inability to finish such a low caliber fighter in the first round. It is pretty easy to see that Sean Strickland is at a completely different level. His pose, his takedown defense, and his striking skills are leagues above that of Usman. It is really hard to imagine any version of Sean Strickland ever losing to the likes of Kamaru Usman. I made this thread because I found it crazy that Khamzat is currently the favorite against Strickland. This seems like a total mismatch to me and the odds are completely off. Am I or the oddsmakers/bettors crazy?

I will admit that prior to the Usman fight, I was a believer in Khamzat. But I must also admit that after the Usman fight, I was pretty appalled at his inability to finish such a low caliber fighter in the first round. It is pretty easy to see that Sean Strickland is at a completely different level. His pose, his takedown defense, and his striking skills are leagues above that of Usman. It is really hard to imagine any version of Sean Strickland ever losing to the likes of Kamaru Usman. I made this thread because I found it crazy that Khamzat is currently the favorite against Strickland. This seems like a total mismatch to me and the odds are completely off. Am I or the oddsmakers/bettors crazy?
you know that usman has beaten strickland already right?

Yeah, I didn’t expect Khamzat to run through Usman like Jingliang or Holland, was thinking about the fight being closer to Burns. The whole theres Levels, Khamzat isn’t going to dump a top tier grappler or wrestler and submit them while their fresh, I doubt we see Khamzat finish elite guys early very often anymore unless he sparks them out.

I do agree with you that Sean is on a completely different level than Khamzat and Sean will beat Khamzat so bad Kadyrov will have him disappeared from Chechen sports history.
But however, Usman isn't a low calibre fighter, he's just old and has a lot of mileage with his bad knees and was off 10 days notice. It's a testament to how tough he is to survive the first round and then expose Khamzat's mid striking and cardio.

Last edited:
I do agree with you than Sean is on a completely different level than Khamzat and Sean will beat Khamzat so bad Kadyrov will have him disappeared from Chechen sports history.
But however, Usman isn't a low calibre fighter, he's just old and has a lot of mileage with his bad knees and was off 10 days notice. It's a testament to how tough he is to survive the first round and then expose Khamzat's mid striking and cardio.
nice profile pic bro
Sean bless

<Deported1>

Usman already beat Strickland, but I appreciate the attempt at a good troll job. 6/10

The part about Strickland losing to Usman gave It away, so 8/10 without this part, 5/10 with It.

lol @ Shertards amazed at Khamzat. That fight says a lot more of an over the hill short notice shot knees no camp Usman than the overrated Khamzat. The fact a full camp fresh Khamzat didn’t blow through him like his list of cans, they’re blaming a broken hand

<{anton}>

lol @ Shertards amazed at Khamzat. That fight says a lot more of an over the hill short notice shot knees no camp Usman than the overrated Khamzat. The fact a full camp fresh Khamzat didn’t blow through him like his list of cans, they’re blaming a broken hand

<{anton}>
I agree, it is crazy that he didn't finish him there in the first. The dude was fighting a welterweight with no knees. This is further proof that he can’t compete against real opponents.

<{anton}>
Imagine how terrible Usman must be for losing to a bum like Khamzat lol overrated WW. Not even top100 all time to lose to some can like Khamzat

<{anton}><{anton}><{anton}><{anton}>

<{anton}>
Yet he beat all those WWs and retained his title with these same things. What a trash division. Kirby Cuckington is his best win and that guy is no good.

Back