September 11th

Have to admit though, they were two majestic buildings. Very plain in design but spectacular and breathtaking at the same time.

152315-004-46391167.jpg
Especially standing in front of one of the buildings and looking straight up. The arch design made it seem like a fortress. I still regret never taking the time to go up to the top floor.

I'm more upset with Sept 11th today because of the political fallout.

It ruined privacy as a human right and liberty. Nobody respects the right to privacy anymore.

Well said.

its not that simple. why do they not attack japan, or south korea? both free and wealthy countries.

Can’t speak for Korea but Japan doesn’t allow Islam inside its country.. or very little of them in. Maybe that’s changed tho, I dunno.

Feel horrible saying this but prior to the first terrorist attacks, the Twin Towers architectural design was super unpopular. I can see why people would like and dislike the design.

Can’t speak for Korea but Japan doesn’t allow Islam inside its country.. or very little of them in. Maybe that’s changed tho, I dunno.

Japan doesn't let almost anything in their country though. Historically that's what they are known for.

I'm more upset with Sept 11th today because of the political fallout.

It ruined privacy as a human right and liberty. Nobody respects the right to privacy anymore.
How has privacy suffered? What can you not do not that you couldn do pre 9/11?

How has privacy suffered? What can you not do not that you couldn do pre 9/11?

Why would you ask me "what can you do"?

That's irrelevant.

It's what the government can do.

Not sure about the religion, but from watching NHK World, Japan has a bunch of mom & pop stores run by foreigners that sell the special food they eat.

Japan doesn't let almost anything in their country though. Historically that's what they are known for.
Tokyo's an international city with Nigerians, Iranians, Indians, Filipinos, Chinese, you name it. Those people run their own shops and sell stuff their people buy there.

Tokyo's an international city with Nigerians, Iranians, Indians, Filipinos, Chinese, you name it. Those people run their own shops and sell stuff their people buy there.

I meant historically. Had to be forced to open up after centuries of the most extreme isolation in global history. One reason they industrialized is to get over that humiliation.

In terms of immigration and the ethnic makeup of their country they are still of that isolationist mindset.

Like what?

uuuuum, spying on innocent people, normalizing being spied on to the point that corporate spying and every other kind of spying is met with apathy by the public. This all started with the patriot act.

uuuuum, spying on innocent people, normalizing being spied on to the point that corporate spying and every other kind of spying is met with apathy by the public. This all started with the patriot act.
Meh, can't say I've seen any effect from it.

The more I reflect on 9/11, the more significant I think it was.

Initially, I saw it as a tragic loss of life. Now, I also see it as a watershed moment and a turning point in American history. 9/11 “broke” us and we haven’t recovered. When historians study America, our history will be denoted as pre or post-9/11. Not everything is a fall out from it, but much of it is (increased political polarization, loss of liberties, massive debt increase, decreased international standing, diminished military standing).

I meant historically. Had to be forced to open up after centuries of the most extreme isolation in global history. One reason they industrialized is to get over that humiliation.

In terms of immigration and the ethnic makeup of their country they are still of that isolationist mindset.
MJGA... <TheDonald>

Back