Serious Question: Big Connor vs Edwards, Pereira

I think Conor would rather fight Frankie Edgar, Diego Sanchez, Cowboy again, Nate again, or literally anyone but a ranked 170+ fighter

You can criticize Conor for a lot of things but his resume and who he fights shouldn’t be one.

You can say cowboy but Ferguson and gaetje both beat cowboy to fight for interim belt.

then cerrone fought Conor. Ceronne fought all 3 in a 7 Month span

Conor’s good days are behind him.

Between the Maywheather fight and the Khabib fight he really lost his momentum.

He’s in a very strange spot where he can’t cut back down to featherweight the division he’s best in, he’s got a losing record at lightweight, and most welterweights are too big for him.

Pereira was getting outwrestled.. Cant wait to see ADCC grade conor.

He must be thinking about this: Leon was getting beat up and landed a lucky kick; Pereira we being outboxed and out wrestled. Pereira is huge for a MW, but he's slow and plodding, and Israel would have beat him with a better game plan (dart in and out, don't stand in front of him, etc).

I think Conor must be thinking that Edwards would be a relatively easy win, and then he could move up and fight a big, slow MW that might be a great match up for someone with Conor's style. The only question is if he'd have to win a couple of fights before facing Edwards -- Usman, Kazmat, Colby -- would be tougher fights for Connor than Edwards would be. If he were able to get a fight against the champ and win, he could then move up to MW and challenge Pereira.

Ok, flame away.

Stopped reading at "lucky kick", and I don't even like Leon.

I remember back in the days of prime Conor where 1 of his fanboys said he legitimately thought Conor could be 4 weight class world champ in the UFC. Good times

Somebody legit argued with me on here that Conor would beat Yoel.

You can criticize Conor for a lot of things but his resume and who he fights shouldn’t be one.

You can say cowboy but Ferguson and gaetje both beat cowboy to fight for interim belt.

then cerrone fought Conor. Ceronne fought all 3 in a 7 Month span
Gaethje beat Tony for the belt . Tony beat Lee.

Conor Fought Cowboy coming off 2 back to back TKOs

look at almost all p4p goats. GSP Fedor Anderson aldo Mighty Mouse.
None were especially muscle bound

file.jpg

nintchdbpict000144805595.jpg

Demetrious-Johnson-WEC-48-w.jpg

I'll give you Anderson and Fedor as not having particularly muscular physiques for fighters, but come on man........GSP, Aldo, and Johnson were were all built like Greek Gods.

TS, you are an og from 2003….have some self respek.

Adesanya “out wrestling” Pereira was more of an attempt to score points and avoid trading blows than it was to actually win. He knew he wasn’t going to finish him, or control him to the bell. It was an ugly display of desperation more than anything, and as we saw it didn’t yield him a victory nor did it impress anyone watching.

I remember back in the days of prime Conor where 1 of his fanboys said he legitimately thought Conor could be 4 weight class world champ in the UFC. Good times
Was it @MescalineDreams ? Because that weirdo told me that Conor could take on Anderson Silva & the size difference wouldn't be too bad because he took on Nate and Nick & Nate are supposedly the same size.

Muscular b/c they were professional athletes in a combat sport.....but not massive like Brock, Palhares, Reem, Sherk, etc.
GSP, Aldo, and Johnson would be around 250lbs if they were 6'4"
Let's not forget about this guy who was just about as good as any of those fighters, and even more jacked
usman2-425.jpg

usmanufc740.jpg

Gaethje beat Tony for the belt . Tony beat Lee.

Conor Fought Cowboy coming off 2 back to back TKOs

Didn’t Tony get stripped of the interim after the lee fight for some reason?

If not ferguson defended the interim against cowboy? Then 3 months later gaetje beat cerrone and it was tony vs Justin. Both fought for the interim or tony defended tge interim against cowboy. Before fighting each other for the interim.

3 months after that conor fought cerrone.

I was just saying their is a narrative Conor is handpicking the easiest fights.

So I put some perspective that in 7 month span cerrone fought those 3 and it was a good fight for 2 and but not for the other.

I’m not saying it’s a great win as it’s his weakest one could pick out. Just that both interims had just beat him to get theirs

Really or is this some kind of joke that's going over my head?

I believe her grandfather was the 1st black doctor in Canada, for real. When Black History month rolls around, her grandfather does get mentioned for this accomplishment. On her mom's side

Was it @MescalineDreams ? Because that weirdo told me that Conor could take on Anderson Silva & the size difference wouldn't be too bad because he took on Nate and Nick & Nate are supposedly the same size.

I don't remember but a lot of good laughs were had

I believe her grandfather was the 1st black doctor in Canada, for real. When Black History month rolls around, her grandfather does get mentioned for this accomplishment. On her mom's side

<mma4>

Interesting. Thanks for sharing, bud.

Back