Sherdog double standards

Jon Jones = dirty cheat.
Cro Cop = it’s okay he was a Pride fighter.
Just wondering...(NOT flaming, I'm being serious) were the UFC steroid tests really that good back when Pride was around? I mean, I knew some guys got popped in the UFC, but since everyone calls pretty much every fighter in Pride a cheater, was there that much of a difference in the UFC's testing? Besides the fact that Pride basically had none, that is...

Really, so we should all just take your "unbiased" opinion instead of USADA tests?
<YeahOKJen>
You are here for your own attention seeking desires. So have fun postings your gifs and replying to every post in your thread.

I don't give a shit if you you agree with my opinion. I have stated that I disagree with yours.

People with basic intelligence can tell the difference between blatant steroid abuse and someone who did a cycle or two in the past.

On top of that Ortega didn't get flagged and need a shady as fuck retroactive TUE to cover his tracks. Ortega didn't amass so much muscle that the UFC needed to add another weight class to allow him to compete against people his height.

You choose to ignore common sense and think of everything as black and white. Most people are able to evaluate things in a more complex manner than simple binary yes or no, they grasp that not all things and situations are the same.

Just wondering...(NOT flaming, I'm being serious) were the UFC steroid tests really that good back when Pride was around? I mean, I knew some guys got popped in the UFC, but since everyone calls pretty much every fighter in Pride a cheater, was there that much of a difference in the UFC's testing? Besides the fact that Pride basically had none, that is...
Pride specifically guaranteed in writing that fighters wouldn't be tested for steroids.

UFC did very very minimal random testing (maybe 1-4 fighters on a card) ONLY ON FIGHT NIGHT.

Getting busted in UFC during that era was the equivalent of failing an IQ test.

You are here for your own attention seeking desires. So have fun postings your gifs and replying to every post in your thread.

I don't give a shit if you you agree with my opinion. I have stated that I disagree with yours.

People with basic intelligence can tell the difference between blatant steroid abuse and someone who did a cycle or two in the past.

On top of that Ortega didn't get flagged and need a shady as fuck retroactive TUE to cover his tracks. Ortega didn't amass so much muscle that the UFC needed to add another weight class to allow him to compete against people his height.

You choose to ignore common sense and think of everything as black and white. Most people are able to evaluate things in a more complex manner than simple binary yes or no, they grasp that not all things and situations are the same.
Am I supposed to read your hate speech wall of text?
giphy.gif

Pride specifically guaranteed in writing that fighters wouldn't be tested for steroids.

UFC did very very minimal random testing (maybe 1-4 fighters on a card) ONLY ON FIGHT NIGHT.

Getting busted in UFC during that era was the equivalent of failing an IQ test.
Gotcha. I appreciate the info. I honestly didn't know what the criteria was...so, it was minimal. That said, I don't think it should be too far of a stretch to say that UFC fighters were probably just as "juiced" as Pride fighters were.

Gotcha. I appreciate the info. I honestly didn't know what the criteria was...so, it was minimal. That said, I don't think it should be too far of a stretch to say that UFC fighters were probably just as "juiced" as Pride fighters were.
Everyone was on steroids.

I agree...(was that a Nate Diaz quote?)
Everyone is still on steroids.

(Both Diaz brothers have dropped the "everyone is on steroids" line before. Nate at a UFC press conference and Nick at an interview/rant outside the courts iirc following a hearing for his prolonged weed suspension)

T-City is a good dude.....Fuck fair....Fuck biased....Life ain't fair. He gets a pass here. He ain't no Uber Ortega.

Double standards are expected when there's a long end of a stick.

This one is okay but twice is a cardinal sin logic is just stupid. People want to hate Silva, Jones, Cyborg but make excuses for Dan Hendo, Couture, and in this case Ortega. Read between the lines.

Not about that, just that fighters are that fought in pride are beloved on sherdog and somehow excempt from being called scum after popping hot. You ever hear CC or lil nog called “cheater” or “scum” on sherdog? I bet you have heard jones called those names tho.

I saw this video of a girl's voice before and after steroids.
And after, she sounds exactly like Cyborg.

Randy Couture, who debuted in the Octagon one event before Kerr, dismissed UFC’s testing protocol at the time as illegitimate.

“Everyone knew it was a joke,” Couture said. “They basically tossed you a cup and sent you to the bathroom, but I don't know why they even did it. I think it was to cross off a box.”

Kerr said doctors conducting pre-fight medicals ignored obvious warning signs of his steroid use.

"I remember sitting across the table from the doctor, and the doctor looking at my liver enzymes,” Kerr said. “When you do anabolics in high amounts it messes with your liver enzymes. The doctor was looking at me and looking at the liver enzymes and looking at me. He said, 'Do you realize this is eight times the normal amount you're supposed to have?' I said, ‘Yeah,' and that was it. They allowed me to fight."

Rhonda and Dana both said Cyborg is a dirty cheat.

They never said that about Ortega.

If most people are like me, they believe every word from Rhonda and Dana like the Gospel!

Dana is the epitome of double standards.

Lets be honest.
Cris don’t pass the eye test.
And the same goes for people like Holm,Honda(preUSADA),Bork,Connie,ForgeyJesus and many others.

The main problem with Justino is the fact that she IS usually much bigger then the fighter she usually fight and that she got caught once.

What’s interesting to me is:
Usually the “Bully” type fighter is celebrated around here by most of the fans.
See Bork Lazer fandom or ForgeyJesus Wagon.
IMO?
Localism Is the issue here.
If cyborg was an US MADE fighter she wouldn’t receive all vitriol she always gets.

“It is what it is”-Kenny Diaz Florian

The “testing” conducted by the UFC in the past always was a party trick for media effect.

20140725070726_IMG_8487.JPG

GettyImages-531281796-467x700.jpg

I dont care either way I say just let em all bang. I just think the eye test has something to do with no one giving a fuck about Ortega.

The "eyeball test" is horseshit.

Bloated James Toney was doped to the gills in this pic:

Toney.jpg

Um, no.

By way of example, if Stipe had failed twice, cheated by altering a scale and had 70% of his resume filled with LHW and MW fighters, he would get no end of shit for it, and deservedly so. Cyborg's entire career has been one of being above or beyond the rules and cheating to beat up smaller women.

Total disgrace. If you can do no better than a stupid gif to illustrate that you have no rational recourse, you do not need to respond.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back