Sherdog finally writes reasonable article about Greg Hardy

He actually was convicted. South Carolina law allows you to have a jury trial if convicted in a bench trial (WT?). His girl didn't show for the re-trial so he got off.

He threw a woman on to a couch covered with guns. Let him go be a bouncer somewhere.
Michelle Beadle called Dana on his cringe worthy justification of Greg Hardy. I like her.

He didn't just throw her(Holder) on a couch with guns. He was also holding while slamming against the wall while/and choking her. There were other people in the house who heard and saw abit of what happened. One girl who was with one of Hardy's friends gave a police statement which said Holder was slammed and she was alarmed when she heard what was happening and both of them left the house around the same time. All of Hardy's friends protected him and some even changed their statements to the police afterwards.

There was a thread in Mayberry (I think) that someone else started to clear the air with Hardy by deceitfully trying to imply that his gf was lying.

Hope he succeeds - will enjoy the butthurt of all the people that are out to ruin his life posting on here. We all make mistakes people - get over it.
I dunno, my mistakes never resulted in my girlfriend having the shit beat out of her. My mistakes are like forgetting to get gas before getting on the highway.

Not really comparable, you know?

seems like MMA is the perfect sport

he either wins and obtains redemption.

or gets knocked the fuck out and that will be his punishment.

You're completely wrong. None of the articles simply said that Hardy is bad and the way they were written was also nuanced. None of them advocated that he be made unemployable for the crime that he was found guilty based upon the preponderance of evidence.

Greg Hardy was never really punished, he never spent a minute in jail. His 'sufficient punishment' according to Todd Martin was losing the chance to play in the NFL.

I don't have a big issue if he is able to fight in the UFC but what it shows is that Dana is being selective when he brings up the DV issue with fighters.
That's a bigger punishment than most people get for a 1st time domestic violence conviction, so yes he was sufficiently punished.

Want bigger punishments, go complain to congress about making laws that are tougher on assault/battery and domestic violence. Thinking a football player or anyone famous deserves more punishment than a normal person for similar crimes is stupid, and the public should stop this virtue signalling they do anytime someone famous does something illegal.

i suppose that must have sounded brilliant to you when you conceived it in your head.

Nah, just speaking facts of life. If you've been to the pic thread most of the people who post here aren't exactly alpha.

I'm okay with him getting an opportunity in MMA but that doesn't mean I have to root for him. I hope the UFC heavyweights smash him

Manlet betas just scared of a serious alpha Sher level athlete entering the UFC.

A lot of the previous sherdog articles about Greg Hardy were emotionally charged and did not communicate anything but Greg Hardy is bad.
This one had some nuance. He was an extremely talented pass rusher, who was on track to make life changing money at a young age. Even if he became HW champ in the ufc, he would never make anything close to what he would make in the NFL. He has been punished sufficiently and not allowing him to make a living does not help fight domestic violence.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/The-Bottom-Line-Greg-Hardy-Signing-a-Defensible-Decision-138275

Yeah, because there's nothing better than to give a woman beater a spot in the top organization of a sport that promotes combat. He can work at McDonalds like the rest of them to make his "living".

Yeah fuck Greg Hardy and this apologist bullshit. He's human trash and should get a prominent spot in no sport.
Well i dont think he should be allowed to be teacher or anything of that nature. If he wants to fight trained professionals then let the man bang.

That's a bigger punishment than most people get for a 1st time domestic violence conviction, so yes he was sufficiently punished.

Want bigger punishments, go complain to congress about making laws that are tougher on assault/battery and domestic violence. Thinking a football player or anyone famous deserves more punishment than a normal person for similar crimes is stupid, and the public should stop this virtue signalling they do anytime someone famous does something illegal.

So basically he got the same "punishment" for throwing a woman on a couch full of guns that Kaepernick got for kneeling during the anthem? Yeah, seems about right.

He didn't get punished at all dude lol.

Well i dont think he should be allowed to be teacher or anything of that nature. If he wants to fight trained professionals then let the man bang.

I disagree. He has never shown a shred of remorse for what he did. Repeatedly intimidated the victim. I fully stand behind my statement that he is human trash and should be treated as such. He should be a pariah. Give no part in repairing his image on a national stage until he shows legitimate remorse and self reflection.

All of a sudden everyone on here has the uber moral compass. Let him fight and do his thing, I’m here for the uppercuts. When his fighting career ends, if he’s still that bad, he’ll be punished one way or the other.

I dunno, my mistakes never resulted in my girlfriend having the shit beat out of her. My mistakes are like forgetting to get gas before getting on the highway.

Not really comparable, you know?
Nobodies worst mistakes in life are that trivial though. We’ve all hurt people whether it was physically or emotionally. I’m not saying the accusations weren’t bad, but it could have been worse. Some people don’t get life sentences for murdering someone, but people want to punish him for life. It just doesn’t make sense.

What nonsense about bigger punishments. Most people get a year or 2 of probation + mandatory counselling sessions. Greg Hardy didn't have go through all that because he made a settlement with his victim.

I view woman beaters at the same level that I view rapists and pedos. It's an embarrassment that any professional athletic org would sign this piece of shit.

Back