Sherdoggies, do you like chess?

My rating is 700. I started a month ago. Lost like 15 games in a row but then went on to an 11 winning streak and now just trading wins and losses. I think I’m getting decent at it.

Mu Chess.com username is @EnthusiastCultivator

I’ll swing one someone if he puts me in check while my queen still stands. Ain’t taking that shit.

If so, do you play online and what's your chess rating?

I just started playing Chess.
My rating is around 600 (i know, it's horrible), and my username is Vegeta045 (chess.com).
Yes, I like cheddar chess, swiss chess, munster, brie, you name it. I'm having a grilled chess sandwich for lunch.

I like it but still suck at it so I haven’t tried on line.

I have a love-hate relationship with it. It's something I enjoy a lot but also something I wish I had never learned since it always kept me from being more productive in my own field. I've managed to reduce the time I spend on it significantly but still, from time to time I dive deep into it playing/studying for hours until I realize I'm not doing the things I'm supposed to do and actually good at. Then I get irritated and suddenly stop playing for a very good while. Had there been some overlaps between the two worlds or I knew how to be moderate it might not have been a problem. But It changes the way my brain usually works and I always need to shake that off and reset in order to get back to my prior state.

I'm around 2200 rapid on lichess and 2000 on chess. com. 2000 bullet on both.

Last edited:
If so, do you play online and what's your chess rating?

I just started playing Chess.
My rating is around 600 (i know, it's horrible), and my username is Vegeta045 (chess.com).

I like Chess. I'm so bad at it, they'd have to invent a new rating just for me:oops::)

I have a love & hate relationship with it. It's something I enjoy a lot but also something I wish I had never learned since it always kept me from being more productive in my own field. I've managed to reduce the time I spend on it significantly but still, from time to time I dive deep into it playing/studying for hours until I realize I'm not doing the things I'm supposed to do and actually good at. Then I get irritated and suddenly stop playing for a very good while. Had there been some overlaps between the two worlds or I knew how to be moderate it might not be a problem. But It changes the way my brain usually works and I always need to shake that off and reset in order to get back to my prior state.

I'm around 2200 rapid on lichess and 2000 on chess. com. 2000 bullet on both.
Rapid 2200.
Wow, thats crazy.
Cool.
Almost a im.
Do you play online?
If so, whats your username?

Rapid 2200.
Wow, thats crazy.
Cool.
Almost a im.
Do you play online?
If so, whats your username?
Lichess ratings are inflated. An IM would be around 2500-2600 there. My username is nagareboshi on lichess & oddlane on chess. com. Usually play bullet & blitz. Bullets are mostly anonymous. Found out I enjoy it more if I don't care about ratings and play much less too.

Chess is so complex with a bunch of nuance that I feel like it would take forever to learn and be good at it. I've spent more than a decade playing, studying, and learning poker I'm not doing that for chess.

Chess is so complex with a bunch of nuance that I feel like it would take forever to learn and be good at it. I've spent more than a decade playing, studying, and learning poker I'm not doing that for chess.

Yea, I did the same for Poker...

too many bad beat stories for me...

I fell in love with chess a couple of years ago. I've been playing rapid on lichess for about a year. My rating is 1324, I've played 214 games.

I played when I was younger(IRL not online). I'm a choke artist at chess tbh. I was really good at getting someone down to their last few pieces but I really struggled to actually win the game. A constant theme was people thinking I was really good and then they ended up winning. I think I was really good at avoiding getting checkmated early and defense but at some point you actually have to win and I just never got the hang of it.

Queens gambit brought back my love on chess. Played 20 years ago on yahoo. One thing I miss is I can talk shit on yahoo before but not on chess.com. used to be 1600, now I'm struggling at 1300.
Same here.

Watched the show last week and have been playing daily games with my daughters. Great daddy daughter time!!

Started messing around playing online again yesterday on lichess which does not seem to give me a ranking, but I was winning my matches. Gonna head over to chess.com maybe tomorrow or soon.

I have been playing a bit of a weird style I have been working on which kind of does the opposite of what seemingly EVERYBODY does in terms of opening and initial positioning. It is working so far but I suspect it will falter once I reach a certain level of player, then I am curious if I can work with it from there and make adjustments to the style to keep it as my play style or if it will hit a brick wall and I will be forced to play like everyone else, which is less appealing to me.

I like it, want to love it. Just not very good at it. But it's an amazing game.

Back