Shevchenko most improved fighter

Rofl u serious? She overpowered an opponent coming from a lower weight class. It was more brute strength involved over skills.

Very talented woman, no doubt. I'm a huge fan of Cyborg, and I like Nunes, but I think talent-wise, Valentina is on another level. WMMA yeah yeah yeah, but I think she may be the best MMArtist I've ever seen.
She is the best martial artist. she pasts the eye test, perfect technique, everything her reaction time is so sharp. She would be an amazing teacher.

Amanda does have the better resume. There's no question in my mind about that. I think Valentina beats her if they fight again. I don't think it would be that close either.

I think the danger Nunes poses on the feet would prevent Valentina from having the aggressiveness needed to test her cardio, like what happened in the second fight. She's also too big for Valentina to muscle around. I predict another close one.

I don't know if "most improved" is the right way to put it. She's been utterly dominant for quite awhile, nobody at 125 has any shot against her.

She's definitely the most skilled fighter in WMMA history, by quite a margin. But Amanda has such a massive strength advantage over everyone she faces, and the resume she has put together makes her the GOAT at this point. But P4P, Valentina is #1 for me. Amanda walks around at least 20 pounds heavier than Valentina, and their last fight was basically a draw.

but I think she may be the best MMArtist I've ever seen.
Maybe relative to her competition but objectively not even close. 125 is a really weak division.

People were saying the same thing about Ronda when she was bull rushing and destroying everyone. WMMA is improving significantly but it’s still well behind men’s in terms of skill level.

Maybe relative to her competition but objectively not even close. 125 is a really weak division.

People were saying the same thing about Ronda when she was bull rushing and destroying everyone. WMMA is improving significantly but it’s still well behind men’s in terms of skill level.
There is a MASSIVE difference in the abilities of Val and Ronda. No one with any sense said that about Ronda. She wasn't that great. She had a clinch, throw and armbar. Yes, she was very good at those things, but nothing else. Remember, Val fought Nunes at Nunes' weight class and took her to the limit both times, and arguably beat her the second time, and most people consider Nunes the FGOAT.

if you expected less thats on you.

val is gonna throw her around like popcorn. huge size and strength advantage here. andrade moved down for a reason.

i dont know why. iv seen jessica fight long enough to know she is one of the stronger females no doubt. but shes not as strong as shevy. size difference here will be on display

She's been a fantastic grappler for quite a while.
she subbed pena, no clue why people thought andrade had a chance without a strength advantage.

Last edited:
No doubt. I mean, all the dancing, the martial arts, speaks how many languages? 3? 4? Just a talented woman.
she also plays an instrument(cant remember something stringed. guitar like but not a guitar) and can sing ok too. her playing was fuckin good too if i can remember right. by far the coolest thing iv seen from her.

got it, i remembered her singing a bit i may have got that wrong

Jessica before the fight was saying that Valentinas ground game was lacking and she was going to take her down. She probably felt secure being a blackbelt in BJJ. But watching the fight Valentina clearly went into that fight too make a statement that her ground game wasnt lacking at all. Maybe she felt insulted by it. I dont know why some people think her ground game is lacking, hasnt she taken down like almost everyone she fought?

To say it wouldn’t be close, is really disrespecting Amanda. While I do feel Valentina won the second fight and would win the third....to say it would be easy is a bit crazy to me.

Amanda has grown into a whole new level of power as her career has progressed physically...and that’s not even mentioning her cardio improving and the fantastic overall skill set she brings to the table.

Again, I think Valentina would win. But these two will always be a tough task for each other.
I didn't say it would be easy. I said it wouldn't be close. It wouldn't be a split decision like the last one. Valentina has improved more than Amanda since their fight. Amanda is still great I think right now Valentina is better.

she also plays an instrument(cant remember something stringed. guitar like but not a guitar) and can sing ok too. her playing was fuckin good too if i can remember right. by far the coolest thing iv seen from her.

Does some art work, degree in film studies. Say what you want but the woman is far from one-dimensional. Also fishes and cooks.

Most improved?? Val's been dope af for a long time. I don't know what TS is talking about

She has no flaws or weakness...I bet she has really bad breath! For someone to be so dang amazing, there must be SOMETHING!

I have never understood why grappling was considered Val's weakness. Master of Sport in Judo and has used a very clinch heavy game in MT and KB. I think some people just assumed because she came from MT she was not a good grappler.
They judged her difficulty with Pena in the clinch and the botched takedowns against a good grappler in Maia to build a narrative that Andrade would manhandle her. They forgot she's been at 135 before, and a 115er who moved up isn't going to overpower her using strength alone. She's too damn good for that.

Back