Shogun>Rampage>Chuck>Wand

daPROFESSOR

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
A trip back to an era of yesteryear

Bringing up a debate nearly as old as time…

How do you rank the top 205ers from back then now?

We can all score it more objectively now.

At the time wand was my favorite fighter and I couldn’t see past my own bias.

1. Shogun: whooped page and chuck bad.
2. Rampage: walloped chuck and revenged wand, underrated win vs hendo
3. Chuck: beat wand
4. Wand

A trip back to an era of yesteryear

Bringing up a debate nearly as old as time…

How do you rank the top 205ers from back then now?

We can all score it more objectively now.

At the time wand was my favorite fighter and I couldn’t see past my own bias.

1. Shogun: whooped page and chuck bad.
2. Rampage: walloped chuck and revenged wand, underrated win vs hendo
3. Chuck: beat wand
4. Wand
Don’t be silly, Wands wins over Rampage are ten times more significant than Rampage beating him, especially in the fourth fight.

1. Shogun
2. Wand
3. Rampage
4. Chuck

Jones above all of them unfortunately.

Last edited:
Lol, prepare for the Wand fanbois. I agree though. Wand and Page are tied now 2-2, but Page ko'd Chuck
Spoken like a newb who gets his knowledge from fight finder.

Wand beat Rampage for the Grand Prix and the Pride MW title.

Rampage beat Wand in two money grab fights that had no impact on any significant ranking or title picture.

Wanderlei left Rampage bleeding in the ropes. His wins over Rampage were more impressive than the trilogy match, before which Wanderlei had already fallen off hard.

Doesn't work in this scenario, they both aged together and both have looked battleworn, but they are 2-2. Wand may have left Page hanging in the ropes, but 4 years later...

i.jpeg

meh...its more of a rock paper scissor type situation than anything else....
i mean if we dig deeper wandy lost to both tito ortiz and belfort, whom chuck both beat.
clearly rampage had the style to beat chuck...clearly wandy had the style to beat rampage. What would have happened between chuck and silva...well that could be debated. . i would have favored chuck since both had 0 defense, but chuck had a better chin and more one punch ko power.....but its all speculation

Drug testing beat Wanderlei... pure and simple. Look at how he was built in Pride Vs Just a few years later off the juice in the UFC. Pride had it in their rules that they wouldn't drug test. Which is why everyone was jacked freaks that would blow up a USADA lab.

Doesn't work in this scenario, they both aged together and both have looked battleworn, but they are 2-2. Wand may have left Page hanging in the ropes, but 4 years later...

View attachment 893852

Works great in this scenario imo. Rampage was still in good form for the third fight, only one fight removed from the belt, and even for a few more years beyond it. Wand on the other hand was pretty shopworn by that time and had been KOed twice in the year before the trilogy fight.

Works great in this scenario imo. Rampage was still in good form for the third fight, only one fight removed from the belt, and even for a few more years beyond it. Wand on the other hand was pretty shopworn by that time and had been KOed twice in the year before the trilogy fight.
lol yeah exactly. That said Wand's epic PRIDE run was steroid fuelled, can't pretend it wasn't. The Wand vs. Rampage fights in PRIDE were more significant either way, Wand was badly past his prime (no more kicks or Muay Thai, just spamming left-right haymakers) and really chinny when Rampage destroyed him. Wand was never the same after the Hunt fight and then got the most brutal KO's of his career by Cro Cop and Hendo, and the war with Chuck.

Back