Should Fedor have quit at 32 years old

He's getting seven figure paydays at 40 so probably not. RIZIN threw $2.5m at him to murk Jaideep Singh. He'll go for as long as his body allows him.

No dipshit , I compared prime Fedor and Prime MJ and complete body of work , not their ages .
You comparing a professional fighter and a professional basketball players primes based on age alone is idiotic , I didn't mention age whatsoever , in Jordans prime he was by far the best player in the game , during Fedor's prime he was by far the best fighter in the game ...age has nothing to do with it .

Please. He dropped 3 straight in his "prime."

Romanticize all you want.

Please. He dropped 3 straight in his "prime."

So you're saying Fedor was in his prime when he dropped 3 straight ? Laughable , he dropped 3 straight because he was out of his prime , you don't base a fighters prime on age it's when their skills start to decline or damage taken throughout a career starts to take a toll .

no he should of gottten on the JUICE!!!! came to UFC in 2009 beat brock, beat mir, beat couture then likely lose to cain and then retire as GOAT.

if he was on the juice back before USADA he could of extended his career a couple more years. he also needed to start weight lifting again and change training camps and stop the stupid brawling boxing phase.

So you're saying Fedor was in his prime when he dropped 3 straight ? Laughable , he dropped 3 straight because he was out of his prime , you don't base a fighters prime on age it's when their skills start to decline or damage taken throughout a career starts to take a toll .

Hendo was 20 lbs lighter and 6 years older.

He took virtually no damage crushing cans for a decade and suddenly went to shit overnight at 33?

that guys an ass clown

Hendo was 20 lbs lighter and 6 years older.

You're not too bright , you keep mentioning age when age has nothing to do with it , I love Hendo and I've never been the biggest Fedor Fan but if he rolled with the same TRT as Hendo , Dan might not have come out of that fight so well .

Fedor should have failed multiple PED tests and spent years on the sidelines whilst his fans claimed he would beat everyone anyway/

You're not too bright , you keep mentioning age when age has nothing to do with it , I love Hendo and I've never been the biggest Fedor Fan but if he rolled with the same TRT as Hendo , Dan might not have come out of that fight so well .

Face-down, ass-up at the hands of an old MW.

His Pride opponents, and he, were juiced to the gills.

I think he was already done by the Tim Sylvia fight, sure he beat him in 36 seconds but had become the head hunter by then, swinging wildly, he's been running laps of honours since 2006.

Face-down, ass-up at the hands of an old MW.

His Pride opponents, and he, were juiced to the gills.

That's all you got ? I'm not romanticising anything , if what you're saying is correct then Fedor was beating all his pride opponents on a level playing field no ?

He wasnt the same fighting in front of Americans. He hated them and called them all pigs and enemies of Russia.
he actually had good things to say about American fans when he had his little beef with his brother.
so you can shut your stupid mouth ;)

Great thread ts! It raises the question: Should GSP have fought in a second level fight organization like Pride like Fedor did, instead of fighting in the UFC? This way he would have a bunch of KO and he would be worshipped.

Anybody trying to claim Pride was second rate in relation to the UFC is a babbling moron.

Find me one ranking site that had UFC fighters above Pride fighters in HW MMA.

Till then, you just sound salty.

Science has proven at age 30 the athletic decline begins but you still retain your power. Fedor got lazy. His technique was sloppy and he didn't prepare right. He should have done fine until he fought big foot.

Wasn't he like 30-2 before the Bigfoot fight?

Sounds like he did do pretty fine.

like GSP did? He always faced bigger guys but he went on a skid at that age. Quitting worked for GSP to retain legacy. Was Fedor past his prime at that point like GSP recognized and stopped fighting? I admire Fedor for continuing to challenge himself and dare to be great. Always fighting in a division where he was outsized but to be the greatest of all time, do you have to quit at the right time?

He weighed more than half of his opponents so the whole him being undersized argument is incorrect.

Also GSP came out of retirement to fight 30-7 mw champ while fedor came out of retirement to fight 2-0 jaideep (now 2-3)…

Fedor and GSP don’t belong in the same breath, sorry buddeh!

Hindsight is 20/20.

What about Bisping, Hendo, etc?
I will say that Penn absolutely needs to quit, ASAP.

Back