Should Fedor have quit at 32 years old

Hendo was 20 lbs lighter and 6 years older.

He took virtually no damage crushing cans for a decade and suddenly went to shit overnight at 33?

Romanticize all you want.

TRT makes you atleast 10-15 years younger
<GinJuice>

in fedors case (imo) it was a mix of both ... mind/body.

He could of kept going if he’d kept training hard and fighting inteligently. Instead he got softer and decided to just throw loopy punches and let ‘God’s will’ decide.
fedor-blog.jpg

Vs
Fedor.jpg

How many UFC champions did Fedor beat? Look it up.

Yeah murderers row lol

Sylvia - out of prime
AA - always Chinny
Randleman - matt Serra of heavyweight/gatekeeper
Coleman - gatekeeper, has 1 good win on his resume in Igor.
Rizzo - literally had no knees at that point in his career. Also if you state that you can’t use fedor losses in the end of his career why should you be able to use his wins?!?!
Nog - you counting him??? He was interim and lost it the next fight after getting knocked out by murrr!!!!

He could of kept going if he’d kept training hard and fighting inteligently. Instead he got softer and decided to just throw loopy punches and let ‘God’s will’ decide.
fedor-blog.jpg

Vs
Fedor.jpg

His in-cage body looked exactly the same. Those are the pics you should use for comparison. Not one in generous flourescent lighting immediately after lifting.

His in-cage body looked exactly the same. Those are the pics you should use for comparison. Not one in generous flourescent lighting immediately after lifting.
I mean the pic does show him in a good light but I wasn’t basing it of the pictures they were just to highlight my point. it’s fairly obvious in ring/cage that he started to look softer and had less muscle mass as time went on and started to flight less smart (Less takedowns more brawling)

like GSP did? He always faced bigger guys but he went on a skid at that age. Quitting worked for GSP to retain legacy. Was Fedor past his prime at that point like GSP recognized and stopped fighting? I admire Fedor for continuing to challenge himself and dare to be great. Always fighting in a division where he was outsized but to be the greatest of all time, do you have to quit at the right time?

Depends. If he enjoys what he's doing and is making major bank doing it, which he has been, it's okay. If he takes more ugly KOs, then it will be time to get out while the brain is still working.

i think he just stopped training hard and motivation went down, it was visible after so many years of wars
had nothing to do with age imo

PRIDE was the top MMA organization in the world when Fedor was champion.

They had a far better Heavyweight division than UFC

And in the decade since Pride folded and Fedor is still fighting but not in the UFC?

No, but getting starched 3 straight times at 33 certainly affects GOAT status.

He compared 33 year-old Fedor to 39 year-old MJ.

And 39 year-old MJ was still better than 33 year-old Fedor.

We’ll have to agree to disagree then, he still did what he did. And Fedor beats MJ by tko whenever he wants.

The twilight is part of the entire body of work.
But it doesn't take away from someone's greatness during their prime , Roy Jones Jr. is one of the pound for pound greatest boxers of all time without question , his twilight is and has been pure dog shit ...changes absolutely no part of him being one of the best ever without question .

Michael Jordan was mediocre for the Wizards at the end of his career , greatness is measured by the entire body of work , not what happens in the twilight.

Sugar Ray Robinson is by far the most picked as greatest boxer of all time despite fighting WAY passed his prime accumulating 19 losses cause he was broke.Most mma fans/new boxing fans just don't understand shit.

Yeah murderers row lol

Sylvia - out of prime
AA - always Chinny
Randleman - matt Serra of heavyweight/gatekeeper
Coleman - gatekeeper, has 1 good win on his resume in Igor.
Rizzo - literally had no knees at that point in his career. Also if you state that you can’t use fedor losses in the end of his career why should you be able to use his wins?!?!
Nog - you counting him??? He was interim and lost it the next fight after getting knocked out by murrr!!!!
They were UFC champs. I was responding to a critique about Fedor not going to the UFC. He had plenty of fights vs UFC fighters.

Back