Should Kattars corner have stopped the fight?

Should Kattar Corner have stop the fight?

• Total voters
It look terrible yes. Should of been stopped.

This fight should have ended after the 4th just like the Ortega fight did imo. Max had already made his point and Kattar had no real chance of winning.

tough call. he was still landing bombs but he was fighting a dude with an iron chin. if your only chance is ko’ing max you don’t have any chance imo
Depends on who you are. If we're only counting 145ers, then yes i agree.

Except maybe KZ, as he has heavy hands and good gas tank.

Ortega had facial lacerations and swelling that looked worse than it was. Plus his nose got banged up good.

Kattar took some serious damage to the body which is more concerning and frankly his chin is damn good.

At least it was....

We'll see what happens. Calvin was damn slow to start his punches but Max did less damage than the Ortega fight because Calvin DID move sideways. But Max's pressure was too much for him.

definitely. they dropped the ball there, it was looking pretty much like the ortega fight.

HIS CORNER SUCKED SO BAD I GAURANTEE THEY LOSE THIER JOB. BUT EITHER WAY THAT IS NOT HOW YOU CORNER SOMEONE OR EVEN HAVE THIER BACK

The way that fight was going and knowing my guy "could " end it with a shot & follow up, after the 3rd round - I could clearly see it was not happening . As soon as I saw the sting with no venom( and he was 1 and done-ing with max from the start) as my guy was taking unnecessary damage- " live to fight another day - back to the drawing board ". It wouldnt of been popular ....including kattar but I'd be blunt : " you're now a punching bag with legs - I'll give you 2 minutes to show me something.....a combo, an effective counter...something .I'm getting you outta here"

I think stopping a fight is not disrespectful of a fighter's heart.
I agree, stopping a fight in itself is not disrespectful. There times when I think other fights can be stopped because the fighter needs to be protected to fight another day, but in this fight, Kattar had legs beneath him and deserved the memory of not being stopped. At least he can claim some glory despite losing every minute of that fight.

Probably should have been yeah. Thankfully nothing bad came from it.

Yes...

There were even several moments where the ref could have easily stepped in and nobody would have complained, except maybe Kattar himself.

I answered no because, yes Kattar took a brutal beating, but he was always in the fight, never looked like he wanted out and landed hard shots until the last round. A finish was still possible until the last seconds of the fight.

That's unlike Ferguson vs Gaethje or Colby vs Usman were they were broken beyond any possible come back.

Hard decision, though.

Back