Should you sell your classic muscle car?

The prices paid for classic cars seem to be going down. Many collectors are dying and their heirs are selling their cars. Other collectors are selling their collections for unknown reasons. If you watch any of the big car auctions, most of the buyers are quite old. The number of people who remember these cars is getting to be fewer and fewer. There are fewer young people interested in cars these days. There are also fewer people with disposable income to spend on classic cars. Everybody wants cars with all of the modern conveniences these days.

Barrett Jackson fucked up the classic car scene. Rocketed the prices sky high.

But yeah younger kids aren't really into older cars anymore but I don't see the value of them going anywhere but up. They might dip at times but they will keep getting more valuable as they become rarer.

As for the environment, there are so few muscle cars being driven on the road that their impact isn't even as large as a red cunt hair on the environment.

I like cars that don't have all this electronic bullshit built in that you can learn to fix yourself with patience and trial and error.

As for the environment, there are so few muscle cars being driven on the road that their impact isn't even as large as a red cunt hair on the environment.
That, and modern muscle cars are just as bad. My 2012 CTSV gets about 10-12mpg.

trade it in for 2 of these

lt-s4haf.jpg

Lol - Ironic thread, I'm just headed to the mechanic's to see if we can kick over the new motor in my 71 Chevelle today. Cross your fingers, boys.

There are already companies converting cars to electric power. On Iron Resurrection they get some gasoline engines from a company called Bloodshed Motors who take them out of cars to replace them with electric motors. They built the worlds fastest electric car, the 1968 Mustang Fastback called Zombie 222. The 2 wheel drive Mustang waxed a 4 wheel drive Tesla P85D.

http://www.bloodshedmotors.com/

Yep, exactly. Unregulated factories in shithole countries are responsible for the lions share of global pollution .

But yeah younger kids aren't really into older cars anymore but I don't see the value of them going anywhere but up. They might dip at times but they will keep getting more valuable as they become rarer.

Why'd you sell it? Do you regret selling it sometimes?

Sorta maybe yeah. Sold my zx6 and CBR1000rr also. Time to be a dad.

Also muscle cars take a lot of work and maintenance. I spent an hour fixing it for every hour I drove it.

I will spend those 2 hours with my so now.

Boomers are also dying off in droves so the muscle car bubble has peaked. Millennials are driving a Japanese tuner car boom because they're nostalgic for Fast and the Furious. Pristine Supras, Evos and Type R's are fetching 6 figures now. Everyone seems to have skipped over the 80s aside from supercar collectors.

I don't think EVs will ever be collectibles due to the nature of the technology (does anyone collect old Samsung phones?).

Boomers are also dying off in droves so the muscle car bubble has peaked. Millennials are driving a Japanese tuner car boom because they're nostalgic for Fast and the Furious. Pristine Supras, Evos and Type R's are fetching 6 figures now. Everyone seems to have skipped over the 80s aside from supercar collectors.

I don't think EVs will ever be collectibles due to the nature of the technology (does anyone collect old Samsung phones?).

6 figures?!? Sauce? I know Supras have gone up in value but 6 figures,c'mon man, no reason to exaggerate by such a large margin

Hot take: if you're gonna sell do it now.

When the glut of boomers starts kicking off, the market will be flooded with classic muscle cars as their hipster inheritors cluelessly dump them for peanuts to buy bicycles and Teslas.

My grandfather has a mint condition 65 Ford Galaxie that was purchased that year. My mother bought it from my grandmother after he died. It’s become more of a family heirloom at this point and is priceless.

I've thought about buying one recently and it's crazy how much some cost even for a complete fixer upper. I don't remember them being as hifh when I checked like ten years ago

Anyone who pays 6 figures for a Supra got ripped off.

I sold my '68 camaro 2 years ago just before my son was born.

I can' wait to show him pictures of what his first car could have been.

Do you want him to think you were a shitty dad or something? :D

6 figures?!? Sauce? I know Supras have gone up in value but 6 figures,c'mon man, no reason to exaggerate by such a large margin
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Toyot...ash=item3b0681c9d8:g:l~sAAOSwDylakeSx&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Toyot...ash=item3b0681c9d8:g:l~sAAOSwDylakeSx&vxp=mtr

these are the two most expensive listings I found on the first page of the ebay results.

I recall seeing a 1000 hp Supra sold for 100k also, but for the sake of collectibilty we can ignore that.

Anyone who pays 6 figures for a Supra got ripped off.
anyone who pays msrp for any car got ripped off imo. But we are living in a world where people pay 10x the original price for an aircooled 911 that runs slower than a Camry so whatever.

these are the two most expensive listings I found on the first page of the ebay results.

I recall seeing a 1000 hp Supra sold for 100k also, but for the sake of collectibilty we can ignore that.

Looks like you posted the same link/car twice, I'd also like to say that having it listed at 100k is a lot different than them actually selling for a 100k(most people do some negotiating after inspecting a used vehicle/luxury item) but I'll take the L.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back