Should you sell your classic muscle car?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Toyot...ash=item3b0681c9d8:g:l~sAAOSwDylakeSx&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Toyot...ash=item3b0681c9d8:g:l~sAAOSwDylakeSx&vxp=mtr

these are the two most expensive listings I found on the first page of the ebay results.

I recall seeing a 1000 hp Supra sold for 100k also, but for the sake of collectibilty we can ignore that.

I wish ebay had a comments section like youtube. Would be funny to watch people rip certain auctions to shreds.

I think a lot of the collectors are moving to 80s-90s cars as those are the ones people in their 40s have a connection with.

Prices of 80s (E30 M3 BMW) and 90s imports (Integra type r, Supra, Skylines that can be imported ) are going up.

I think a lot of the collectors are moving to 80s-90s cars as those are the ones people in their 40s have a connection with.

Prices of 80s (E30 M3 BMW) and 90s imports (Integra type r, Supra, Skylines that can be imported ) are going up.

I've seen the same with 1980-1985 Chevy CK 1500 pickups. A nicely restored red or black one that is slightly lifted now sells in the mid 20's.

Jeez.. you know the gas pedal is a potentiometer and not a binary switch, right ? :)
yeah-well-thats-justlike-your-opinion-man-quickmeme-comm-14239172.png

The prices paid for classic cars seem to be going down. Many collectors are dying and their heirs are selling their cars. Other collectors are selling their collections for unknown reasons. If you watch any of the big car auctions, most of the buyers are quite old. The number of people who remember these cars is getting to be fewer and fewer. There are fewer young people interested in cars these days. There are also fewer people with disposable income to spend on classic cars. Everybody wants cars with all of the modern conveniences these days.

Stuff from the teens and twenties have really dropped the past couple of years. The generation that wants those cars are dead. The only reason a 35 year old wants a Model A is to make a hot rod. Even stuff from the 30's and 40's are becoming less and less desirable with the youths.

My grandfather has a mint condition 65 Ford Galaxie that was purchased that year. My mother bought it from my grandmother after he died. It’s become more of a family heirloom at this point and is priceless.

I had a 63 Galaxie 500 4 door in high school. I fucking loved that car.

I won't. Got my fingers crossed that biogasoline will be widely available in the next 15 years.

Good to know prices will go down, that way i can buy a few classics later in life.

Would love a 55 Chevy swapped with a current 6.2L Chevrolet crate motor and transmission. America’s love of the internal combustion engine will not go quietly into that good night.

Hell no. You should keep that shit and use it just for recreation. I’m going to buy a 69 Camaro when I get the chance and do just that. I do my part for the environment. I fucking take the bus every day.

That narrows it down. :D
Sorry, I would rather remain anonymous. Not many of them on the road and probably next to none with the sub 30 crowd. I'll throw you a bone though, she's still being pushed by her factory big block. :)

Back