Shoyoroll Competition Gi, Batch#4 Review

Under a different light. Fluorescent light.
DSC04192.jpg

Same shot with white 8x11 paper across.
You can see that the SYR gi is almost whiter than the paper.
DSC04195.jpg

Honestly, if it is a tad off white, I would just let it be, because mine seems too sensitive.
Your call though.

I uploaded new photos and posted it, but the forum doesn't show it yet. I hate this forum!

Great review. Puts mine to shame. BTW the Shoyoroll is definetly a pearl weave. It is the same exact weave as my gameness pearl.

Honestly, if it is a tad off white, I would just let it be, because mine seems too sensitive.
Your call though.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled with its color since it'll just get less white with time. I don't think I have any recourse, though, so ain't much I can do about it. Thanks for sharing.

Anybody shrink an A3 jacket? Can you give me some measurements? I need to see how much it will shrink, because once I wash it, I can't return it.

Hello Guys,

Merry Xmas. Quick answers to shrinkage. I dry all my personal gi's. If you do this you should get about 1-2 inch shrink factor on the top (sleeves, body, and skirt).

Pants should shrink about 3-4 inches higher and about 1-2 inches in width. I hope that helps.

Once again this is if you dry you gi in high heat ever single time you wash it.

Thanks shoyoroll. Drying mine right now. Only top though.
Pants, I ll wash cold an hang dry. I don't need them shrinking any more.

We ll see how the top comes out.
BTW, how come you guys didn't put any reinforcements underneath the armpits?

Just curious, because every other Gi I have has them.
Same thing around the collar and on the sides of the pants.

We have done that in the past with some of our other cuts. Since his is a one piece jacket there is no need for the extra reinforcements because the top is one piece. If there was two piece then we would have done it but the cut is what will determine where the reinforcements are needed.

Hope that helped.

We have done that in the past with some of our other cuts. Since his is a one piece jacket there is no need for the extra reinforcements because the top is one piece. If there was two piece then we would have done it but the cut is what will determine where the reinforcements are needed.

Hope that helped.

Based on my pics, do you think I got a gi that's more off-white than the rest of the batch? Is that even possible?

Thank you for clarifying that Shoyoroll.

I was really debating if I wanted to keep this gi, because of the sizing. Vince has been great with answering e-mails and giving me advice.

I finally decided to say, Fuck it and do my own experimenting.

I hot washed the Gi and put it in the dryer for 60 minutes on high.

I was doing all kinds of math at work, trying to figure out if it would be even possible to shrink it as much I needed it.
I figured that if my Padilla shrunk about 2 inches on cold washes and and hang/ air drying, that the Shoyoroll had to shrink a bit more if washed hot and dried on hot.

Math and reason pays off I guess. :icon_chee

The Gi shrunk really nice, and I am sure it will shrink to perfect after 2-3 more washes.

Here are the pics after the first wash and a 60 minute cycle in the dryer.

DSC04203.jpg

DSC04205.jpg

If I can shrink the sleeves about an inch more and the top about an inch around the shoulders, it will be perfect.

The pants I washed in cold and hung dry. I will continue to do that, because they fit perfect already. I think they might shrink 1-2 inches which is fine.

I hope this Gi lasts me for the next 3-4 years, because it is the most expensive gi I have and I don't want to spend that kind of money again.

Vince from Shoyoroll, thank you for all your help, and sorry to pester you with all the questions. :icon_lol:

I forgot to put down the numbers after shrinking, so here it goes.
Measurements before wash->after hot wash and dryer.All measurements are in inches.
Jacket length: 33.5->32 (Padilla 31.25)
Sleeve cuff: 6.75->6.5 (Padilla 6)
Collar to end of sleeve 32->30 (Padilla 27)
Jacket width 26->24 (Padilla 24)
Sleeve to sleeve across back, flat on floor: 71.5->67 (Padilla 63)

I hope that helps.

I forgot to put down the numbers after shrinking, so here it goes.
Measurements before wash->after hot wash and dryer.All measurements are in inches.
Jacket length: 33.5->32 (Padilla 31.25)
Sleeve cuff: 6.75->6.5 (Padilla 6)
Collar to end of sleeve 32->30 (Padilla 27)
Jacket width 26->24 (Padilla 24)
Sleeve to sleeve across back, flat on floor: 71.5->67 (Padilla 63)

I hope that helps.

Glad it worked out for you, dude. Personally, I think your sleeves look great right where they are now, but I'm paranoid about bringing them too high above my wrists. My first gi's sleeves eventually shrunk to the point of hitting me somewhere around mid-forearm.

Glad it worked out for you, dude. Personally, I think your sleeves look great right where they are now, but I'm paranoid about bringing them too high above my wrists. My first gi's sleeves eventually shrunk to the point of hitting me somewhere around mid-forearm.

I know what yo mean there man. I have two that are like that. Luckily, one was 50 bucks, and the other free, so they are my training kimonos.
I did some reviews on those as well.

Just a little more shrinking in the upper body and the sleeves and its going to be great. After that its cold wash and air dry.

Based on my pics, do you think I got a gi that's more off-white than the rest of the batch? Is that even possible?

It can be possible. We can send you a brand new one but it may have the same color as the one you have if the one you have is not washed or worn. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and we can figure it out. Thanks.

Shoyoroll, your PM box is full.
Do you still have an A2?

Well just like the TS my A2 is the biggest A2 i have ever owned. I will try it on again with the pants when I get home tonight. Not sure if I want to shrink it or see if I should grab up an A1. Vince just in case could you tell me if you have an A1 still available.

Oh yea it didn't come with a belt like someone on here said it might. Oh well :icon_sad:

Ok, I just got home and tried the pants on and these things are the shizz. Almost zero baggyness in the crotch and only a little in the rear. They are also super comfy. Only prob is the stretchy draw string, great idea and all but, it seems mine is fraying already.

Back