Shoyoroll Gi

nice, thanks too all. but we need a good and deep review :)

nice, thanks too all. but we need a good and deep review :)

I got mine in today. A blue A2. Let me say this, I have a new favorite gi. I own at least 15 nice gis, and this is by far the nicest. The material for the top is very lightweight and super soft and flexible. But still feels quite strong. The pants, where to start. The crotch has the soft gi material, the material feels real soft, and the knee pads are made out of the soft gi material also. I am going to roll in the gi tonight so I will update more after. My wife may come take some action pics, but well see about that.

I think this is my new favorite gi as well. Its light and comfy. The arms are long and the skirt is short. The only problem I have with it is the lapel is paper thin. Oh well i guess it keeps the weight down. And why isn't the top made from the same gold weave as the crotch and knee pads?

I think this is my new favorite gi as well. Its light and comfy. The arms are long and the skirt is short. The only problem I have with it is the lapel is paper thin. Oh well i guess it keeps the weight down. And why isn't the top made from the same gold weave as the crotch and knee pads?

i agree about the collar, it is not stiff at all extremely easy to grab a handful for a nice tight choke

ok guys, no one is doing a reviews....so i decided that ive read enough good things and that i will buy one myself

i found a good deal on ebay, i paid 145 for a blue gi, with free shipping....thats cheaper then the vulkan/koral i wanted to buy...so i said what the heck....although i actually would prefer my gi to be white.

anyway, i ordered an A1....i hope it is not too small since i am about 5 foot 9 and weigh 150 lbs....hopefully it fits like my a1 koral.

i will write a nice review when i get it

ok guys, no one is doing a reviews....so i decided that ive read enough good things and that i will buy one myself

i found a good deal on ebay, i paid 145 for a blue gi, with free shipping....thats cheaper then the vulkan/koral i wanted to buy...so i said what the heck....although i actually would prefer my gi to be white.

anyway, i ordered an A1....i hope it is not too small since i am about 5 foot 9 and weigh 150 lbs....hopefully it fits like my a1 koral.

I think it will fit, my A2 seems a little bit bigger than my other A2 gis. I tried to shrink it but didnt get much.

sorry guys my camera is crap so a review from me is pointless, however i will rank these gi pants as the best and most comfortable ive ever worn, and the gi top i would compare as identical to my ouano pearl as far as fit, weight, and sleeve length goes..

sorry guys my camera is crap so a review from me is pointless, however i will rank these gi pants as the best and most comfortable ive ever worn, and the gi top i would compare as identical to my ouano pearl as far as fit, weight, and sleeve length goes..

Agreed, the pants are out of this world. They are perfect, all the way down to the drawstring. The top is very nice. Super light, comfy and soft. Collar is a little flimsy but not too bad.

Eh. Well the sizing for the A1 is 5'2" - 5'6", 110-155lbs... I'm just under 5'7", 145lbs. Also, this has not been shrunk. (haven't washed it yet)

l_a9e10eb6d1542ea937c4cd450532ba30.jpg

the first thing I noticed when I put on this gi was how light it is. the material is nice and soft but the collar is a little flimsy. the pants are amazing! absolutely comfortable.

the cut is pretty tight. I also got a venum power gi recently. the venum is definitely more "tailored" but the shoyoroll is more comfortable to roll in. i'm a little worried at how long the top will last but I guess only time will tell.

I am starting to like both of these kimonos over my HCK single comp and my 2 sirius goldweaves (older models)

hey HUHITSU, can you do me a huge favor and tell me how much it shrinks overall? like after you washed and dried it a few times.....if you are actually going to wash and dry it

I like a tight fit, and im only an inch or two taller then you so i think it should fit OK...i dont mind a tight fit

hey HUHITSU, can you do me a huge favor and tell me how much it shrinks overall? like after you washed and dried it a few times.....if you are actually going to wash and dry it

I like a tight fit, and im only an inch or two taller then you so i think it should fit OK...i dont mind a tight fit

According to Shoyoroll, the shrinkage should be anywhere from 8-10%. I may put it through a wash this weekend, not sure about drying it though.

Hey Everybody,

i just found this topic online tonight or else i would have replied right away!!!

First off thank you so much for many of the kind words and feedback. I'm sorry if anybody send email via shoyoroll.com and didnt get response. Our online store is being revamped as we speak.

From the sounds of it most of the post here are the same things I was looking for when I was putting together the design in a gi.

These were the favorite things from past kimono makers helped inspire us.

Koral- Weave and Foam Lapel
KF - Pant Gold Weave Knee Pads
Old Machado Gi - Overall Fit of Top and Simple Look
Ouano - Lightweight Pants
Lucky Gi - Stitching

Some of the things that also inspired us but we could not add into design yet due to flaws in materials:

Old HCK - Thick Collar (Added Weight to top)
Lucky Gi - Print inside kimono for extra detail (After a few washes paint starts to crack and rubs against your back)
KF Fighter - Gold Weave (Fabric weighs more then Pearl Weave material)

Once we can get production to perfect a few of the other things like prints and lightweight think lapels our gi will get closer to where we want it.

The gi you all see is the BATCH#3 of SYR Kimonos. We have a full white comp model coming out in about 1 month BATCH#4. Once again we are bringing in around 150 total landing in about 1 month.

If you guys have any issues or concerns feel free to contact me direct. Once again guys we hope to continue to provide a high level of service and a quality fitted kimono for you all in the near future.

Thank You,

Vince Quitugua
SHOYOROLL BRAND
[email protected]

hey shoyoroll, if i am about 5 foot 8/9 and weigh about 150 lbs...will the a1 fit me? i just ordred it...

a1 koral fits me good..maybe a tad small...

hey shoyoroll, if i am about 5 foot 8/9 and weigh about 150 lbs...will the a1 fit me? i just ordred it...

a1 koral fits me good..maybe a tad small...

Hello Kimura,

To tell you the trurth your are right inbetween sizes. If you get a shoyoroll A1 The only thing you will have to worry about is sleeve lenght. I would say to not run in the dryer and just hang dry since your imbetween sizes. That is my best advice. But i think if you get an A1 and hang dry you should be ok.

Back