Shoyoroll's Batch 10 *pic*

does anyone know which batch used the gold weave?? i tried searching, but didn't find anything...

all i know is, "Batch #10 marks the return of our signature lightweight 450 Gram Gold Weave Gis. This is the perfect gi for summer and everyday training.", as in, they've released a gold weave before...i just don't know which batch it was.

i find it somewhat amusing that there are so many listings on ebay for the batch #10 gis already.

Does anyone on the board own a batch #2? It would be nice to get some info about the former SYR gold weave. I googled Shoyoroll batch 2 and didn't come up with anything. They have been doing pearl weaves for a while, so I'm a little curious about the difference. If anyone has any info please share. Thanks.

Does anyone on the board own a batch #2? It would be nice to get some info about the former SYR gold weave. I googled Shoyoroll batch 2 and didn't come up with anything. They have been doing pearl weaves for a while, so I'm a little curious about the difference. If anyone has any info please share. Thanks.

I believe gold weaves shrink a little more than pearl weaves. One of my training partners from my gym has collected almost every shoyoroll that has come out and he asked Vince form Shoyoroll which gi these Batch 10's could be compared to and as far as shrinkage goes he said the Golden State.

I ordered an A1 because they run largw and I'm 5'11 145 lbs, but i'm thinking about switching to an A2 since i can always shrink it down.

yes, i'de love to see this batch #2...post up pictures if you have one!!

I believe gold weaves shrink a little more than pearl weaves. One of my training partners from my gym has collected almost every shoyoroll that has come out and he asked Vince form Shoyoroll which gi these Batch 10's could be compared to and as far as shrinkage goes he said the Golden State.

I ordered an A1 because they run largw and I'm 5'11 145 lbs, but i'm thinking about switching to an A2 since i can always shrink it down.

yep, syr said on their facebook that the gold weave will shrink a little bit more than the pearl weaves...all the research i've seen says the gold weave is stronger than the singles/pearls, but lighter than the doubles...also, it's supposed to be softer, which doesn't necessarily mean much to me. my yank is a pearl weave, and it's plenty comfy...although, that's not an attribute i look for in a bjj gi.

Has batch 10 made it to a boat yet?

The gi's will arrive between 8/20 - 9/20.

SYR has made this clear.

I'm getting rid of my a1 yank because it was my comp gi. Looking for a kieko or atama in a2. Only used it training 4 times and 3 comps.

The gi's will arrive between 8/20 - 9/20.

SYR has made this clear.

Where?

budovideos says ***ETA of gi is 8/2011-9/2011.

You must be reading the year as a day.

Where?

budovideos says ***ETA of gi is 8/2011-9/2011.

You must be reading the year as a day.

Nope I got it from their official e-mail they send people who sign up for notifications on their website.

doubt the gi's will ship this month since shoyoroll hasn't sad anything about the gi's being ready to ship from the factory, probably by september but who knows how long the gi's will take to pass customs.

until than we get to laugh at all the "where is batch 10???" posts every couple hours on shoyoroll's facebook.

I'm getting rid of my a1 yank because it was my comp gi. Looking for a kieko or atama in a2. Only used it training 4 times and 3 comps.

are navy blue gis not legal in comp anymore? i know they limited it to blue and white, but i figured navy blue would count ...

are navy blue gis not legal in comp anymore? i know they limited it to blue and white, but i figured navy blue would count ...

Only royal blue and white will be allowed. Kinda messed up I think. Having competitors bring one dark and one white gi would've accomplished the same thing since black vs. white and navy vs. white are just as easy to distinguish.

Only royal blue and white will be allowed. Kinda messed up I think. Having competitors bring one dark and one white gi would've accomplished the same thing since black vs. white and navy vs. white are just as easy to distinguish.

I agree, I just heard yesterday in class that navy is no longer approved for competitions. I don't get the rational; black, blue, and white are the traditional gi colors. Pretty soon we can only wear IBJJF made gi's! :mad:

I agree, I just heard yesterday in class that navy is no longer approved for competitions. I don't get the rational; black, blue, and white are the traditional gi colors. Pretty soon we can only wear IBJJF made gi's! :mad:

dont tell that to the "challenged" folks in this thread
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f12/i...e-vs-blue-gi-competition-anti-doping-1750761/

budo just updated their FB page saying americana tentatively scheduled to land in late august, comprades in September

Back