Silva vs Weidman... still can't believe it

It was ridiculous for Anderson to lose like that. I was pissed with him. Never really was my favorite fighter but that shit was embarassing.
But the worst part was people saying that it was a fixed fight.

Anderson was bored of winning and clowning whole generations of fighters - he just wanted to give Chris a chance and got caught.

Look at Chris now - while Anderson will be boxing Jake Paul and making $50 million while Chris is on Twitch playing Fortnite for pennies.
I hear ya.

Most fans thought Silva was going to destroy Weidman, while, allot of MMA fighters thought Chris was a bad match up. A fight I learned to listen to fighters opinions on fights.

Your ignoring the fact that Silva only got caught because he was show boating? It was not even a legit win.

Simple. Anderson didn't take the fight seriously and was screwing around instead of trying to fight legitimately. I remember watching the fight and literally yelling at the TV because of how stupidly Anderson was acting. Make no mistake about it, if Anderson came in there 100% focused, 100% serious, and was ready to kill (like against Leben and Franklin, etc) he would have almost certainly won. But because he was acting the fool, it cost him.

he came in serious for the rematch and was getting smacked around even worse. So your point is retarded.

The majority of people who trained picked Chris
The majority of impressionable casuals who always predicted "Silva by matrix" in the loudest, most clueless fashion picked Silva because UFC promos and other casuals told them to. That was of course BEFORE those fairweather fans tossed Silva in the trash when the UFC told them to.

Truly hilarious Chris was an underdog the second time around. Casuals are the gift that keep on giving. Wasn't until Mayweather/Conor that free money like that just presented itself, but even then at least Conor was an underdog. Chris dominated every second of the first fight and finished him in spectacular fashion and then Anderson gets older and the bookies STILL had him as the favorite in the rematch lol. Then Chris did the same exact thing the 2nd time. Too bad there wasn't a third one after that because the casuals would have made Anderson the favorite the 3rd time too.

As for what happened to Chris... lots of SERIOUS injuries and age. Is normal.

If only Anderson had retired after the Sonnen rematch.

Weidman was a terrible match up for Anderson and some fighters have a crap load of injuries and/or take a really bad beating and are never the same.

A lot of people who didn't follow the sport at the time don't realize that Weidman was a much smaller underdog than Anderson's average opponents and a lot more pros were picking Weidman to beat Anderson than normal.

Simple. Anderson didn't take the fight seriously and was screwing around instead of trying to fight legitimately. I remember watching the fight and literally yelling at the TV because of how stupidly Anderson was acting. Make no mistake about it, if Anderson came in there 100% focused, 100% serious, and was ready to kill (like against Leben and Franklin, etc) he would have almost certainly won. But because he was acting the fool, it cost him.

This is pure fanboyism, Anderson always taunted but he turned it up after eating hard GnP and having to escape 2 sub attempts within the first 2 minutes and kept it up to try and goad Weidman into keeping it standing.

People ignoring half the point of this thread. It’s not just the surprise that Silva lost by KO…. It’s that Weidman got completely folded shortly thereafter. Who the fuck could have predicted a Silva KO loss and Weidman’s career ending up like that? No one.

I mean not really, his run of smashing Anderson, a resurgent middlweight Lyoto and then Vitor was very impressive at the time. He was champion for like 2 years. Pretty solid career. Then he started to lose. Many people do a lot worse. He won the belt and defended it a few times against good fighters. Not like he just fell off a cliff immediately.

That was the night I realized Santa Claus wasn’t real.

my fuckin MMA hero got knocked out COLD.

I couldn’t believe that shit. Still don’t wanna believe it.

silva-weidman.gif

Weidman looked like a monster taking out Silva who was in the midst of the most dominant stretch of wins in perhaps MMA history. Silva hung around in the UFC for a few more years on the tail end of his career but Weidman who looked like a straight killer got completely destroyed... his body basically broken. How the fuck did this all unfold like that? Looking back on it is crazy to me. Did this really go down like this? the fuck? It's been 8 years and I still cannot believe this shit happened. Both of these fighters basically just disappeared from the top of MMA.

MMA is a cruel fucking sport. Did these guys sell their souls or what? The MMA grim reaper came for both their souls and careers that night.
iu

I mean not really, his run of smashing Anderson, a resurgent middlweight Lyoto and then Vitor was very impressive at the time. He was champion for like 2 years. Pretty solid career.

I agree to an extent, but it's still a kinda bad look that he lost his title to the very first contender that was his age instead of 36 - 39 years old.

Silvas run was overrated

MW division was weak AF
Mark Munoz almost got a title shot
that shows you the state of the division
a few solid wins but the competition wasn't all that

the same with BJ
we hyping that guy up because he had wins over Florian & Diego coming to his 'phenomenal' run

Munoz was a pretty good fighter in his short prime. Devastating top game, power. He was even in Maia's guard for a lot of the fight and did well. He rocked and dropped Okami bad and took him to a split decision. He mostly lost to beasts in their prime. Losing to prime Chris, Lyoto and Saucy is nothing to be ashamed of. He's even beaten Maia and was just a better fighter than plenty of the guys Andy beat.

silva-weidman.gif

Weidman looked like a monster taking out Silva who was in the midst of the most dominant stretch of wins in perhaps MMA history. Silva hung around in the UFC for a few more years on the tail end of his career but Weidman who looked like a straight killer got completely destroyed... his body basically broken. How the fuck did this all unfold like that? Looking back on it is crazy to me. Did this really go down like this? the fuck? It's been 8 years and I still cannot believe this shit happened. Both of these fighters basically just disappeared from the top of MMA.

MMA is a cruel fucking sport. Did these guys sell their souls or what? The MMA grim reaper came for both their souls and careers that night.

cant recall what ive read in great detail, but apparently a female native indian saw one of andersons fight s and she was shocked to see a winged demon attached to silvas chest. whenever i hear children to celebrities dying in tragic circumstances i cant help to think that in some of those cases they are offered as sacrifices in return for an reignited career or status , mike tysons daughter come to mind, strangled by a treadmill cord yeah right...

What's hard to believe? That's what happens when Fear is not a Factor and Weidman doesn't come in scared shitless before the fight starts like many other Anderson opponents. Don't forget before that fight, Anderson's team were ducking saying Weidman didn't deserve shitle tot.

I mean not really, his run of smashing Anderson, a resurgent middlweight Lyoto and then Vitor was very impressive at the time. He was champion for like 2 years. Pretty solid career. Then he started to lose. Many people do a lot worse. He won the belt and defended it a few times against good fighters. Not like he just fell off a cliff immediately.

You mean he beat up on older vets that were on their way down the rankings? okay.

Lots of prophets here..... yes SOME fighters definitely picked Weidman to win.... but did anyone think he would get KO'd standing? Nah.

Munoz was a pretty good fighter in his short prime. Devastating top game, power. He was even in Maia's guard for a lot of the fight and did well. He rocked and dropped Okami bad and took him to a split decision. He mostly lost to beasts in their prime. Losing to prime Chris, Lyoto and Saucy is nothing to be ashamed of. He's even beaten Maia and was just a better fighter than plenty of the guys Andy beat.
are we really pretending munoz was some solid contender?
he should be glad alot of semi decent MWs were in SF .. Rockhold. Kennedy. Jacare

Back