Sisig (Filipino Dish) - Oh my god! ! !

Sorry, my error. I was confusing it with Tosche Station, where I went to pick up some power converters.
images

To each his own, but I like many Filipino dishes (Pancit, Adobo, Kaldereta, Bistek, and Lumpia). I prefer it made by Filipinos in the States or at a Filipino Restaurant in the States. When I visited the Philippines a few years back, the dishes appeared to be made with poor quality of meat.

If you know any Filipinos, Lumpia is a favorite dish that Americans always request them to bring to parties.

1 of my partners (business, nothing sexual) is Filipino and he took me to a spot where I had one of the most amazing dishes of my life called Sisig.

Chopped up pig's face, cheeks, ears, liver (maybe some other parts) fried and then cooked in a cast iron skillet along with onions, chilis, lime/lemon, and egg

Definitely not the healthiest of dishes, but thankfully I don't care about health.

I could seriously see myself eating this on a semi-regular basis, and there are some cute Filipino chicks over there!

Get some!

crispy-sisig-2.jpg

sisig-explainer-ft-blog0617.jpg
Mashed up pigs face?!?! Doesn’t that revolt you? You are twisted. Post Filipina chicks next time

Mashed up pigs face?!?! Doesn’t that revolt you? You are twisted. Post Filipina chicks next time
You ask if he's revolted by a pig's face, and then tell him he has to post pig's faces?

(Sorry, couldn't resist, would have pursued that joke with any country)

There are plenty of delicious Filipino dishes and there are plenty of beautiful (and smart) Filipino women. The Filipino women that I know are more successful on average than any other group actually. I probably know 10 Filipinas very well, and every one of them is at least reasonably pretty, college educated, and has a good job. Lots of nurses at John's Hopkins, I know a Filipina general practitioner, and a Filipina Pathologist, a few teachers, and an accountant.

I don't think I can personally claim that success rate for any other group, lol.

I actually interviewed a Filipina for a job yesterday. Grew up in America, but spoke 3 languages.

Last edited:
To each his own, but I like many Filipino dishes (Pancit, Adobo, Kaldereta, Bistek, and Lumpia). I prefer it made by Filipinos in the States or at a Filipino Restaurant in the States. When I visited the Philippines a few years back, the dishes appeared to be made with poor quality of meat.

If you know any Filipinos, Lumpia is a favorite dish that Americans always request them to bring to parties.

Yup our meat quality still has a long way to go good meat is expensive like what they used in the hotels and top restaurants that is usually meat imported from the USA and Australia.

I was born here and live here my entire life and I havent got used too our local beef its like chewing rubber that is why pressure cookers are so important.

Just had a big E-Coli outbreak here. Source was a local Filipino restaurant.

Lucky for me I only dine at Chinese buffet establishments.

You ask if he's revolted by a pig's face, and then tell him he has to post pig's faces?

(Sorry, couldn't resist, would have pursued that joke with any country)

Even in Tagalog/Filipino languange the description of the food mashed pig's face is hilarious I think its even more Hilalrious.

images

Yup our meat quality still has a long way to go good meat is expensive like what they used in the hotels and top restaurants that is usually meat imported from the USA and Australia.

I was born here and live here my entire life and I havent got used too our local beef its like chewing rubber that is why pressure cookers are so important.

I was taken to a local meat market where they cook it for you. I passed when I saw a boy that sat there waving at flies. I guess this was a treat for the Filipinos who also went. I think they thought I was a spoiled stuck up American for not eating the meat. I ended up eating a fresh pineapple. My best meal was at Outback in Makati....lol

Photo of the meat market I went to during my visit.
meat.jpg

Even in Tagalog/Filipino languange the description of the food mashed pig's face is hilarious I think its even more Hilalrious.

images
Is there an interesting translation into English, or is it too idiomatic?

I personally love one of the Mexican words for white people: bulillo. It's a kind of white bread. The first time a Mexican explained it to me I laughed my ass off.

They have a great sense of humor those Mexicans, always cracking jokes and ready to laugh

Made from roasted pic face, chopped and fried with chilli and onions plus liver with salt and pepper and vinegar.

With additional egg on top...very delicious.

I was taken to a local meat market where they cook it for you. I passed when I saw a boy that sat there waving at flies. I guess this was a treat for the Filipinos who also went. I think they thought I was a spoiled stuck up American for not eating the meat. I ended up eating a fresh pineapple. My best meal was at Outback in Makati....lol

Photo of the meat market I went to during my visit.
View attachment 367617

Ah Outback Stakehouse Makati yeah I love the food there I always bring my relatives from the USA over there when they visit manila.

From what I know Batangas beef is the best beef in the Country atleast one of the best.

Haha I know the outvack in Makati...attached to that mall right?

Made the mistake o eating a "burger" somewhere in Batangas and got food poisoning.

My partner tells me all the time that he would never do business in the Philippines nor would he ever do busibess w filipinos, despite being Filipino himself

Haha I know the outvack in Makati...attached to that mall right?

Made the mistake o eating a "burger" somewhere in Batangas and got food poisoning.

My partner tells me all the time that he would never do business in the Philippines nor would he ever do busibess w filipinos, despite being Filipino himself

There are a number of Filipinos who have already given up on the idea that the Philippines can be culturally rehabilitated. When I was working in a Call Center I got call from a Filipino American in Los Angeles, it seems he has been staying in LAX for a long time since he has that California accent already but as soon as he realized I am Filipino he immediately talked Tagalog and yelled at me saying "You dumb fucks are taking our Jerbs" and saying something along the lines like "I went to the USA because of poor piss people like you who turned your country into shit hole".

2z9bqjd.jpg

Let's eat! If you're gonna talk the talk, you better walk the walk. Throw back pic from 2 weeks ago.

edit: love that sisig

Edit2: i shared that delicious treat with my wife and kid...I had ordered the same before so you can see my anticipation/frustration while my sweet wife documented it all. Just give me the food! lol

Are you using a Nokia 6600?

Ethiopian food is objectively the worst food on earth.
when did they get food?

Oh and OP- that shit in the OP looks fucking rank. I might rather eat Swedish food.

Back