Economy So DC is concerned about migrants all the sudden.

Except he isn't complaining.

He's saying asylum seekers have a right to be there and New York has a responsibility to do the right thing, provide proper food, shelter and education.

He's saying they could use federal assistance.

Keep in mind I don't like this guy at all and think he's been corrupt as hell in a very short time, but this story isn't what you think it is.
Arizona and Texas are begging for federal help and have been. Biden admin is non existent with the border, that’s why there are record numbers of illegals and drugs

Except he isn't complaining.

He's saying asylum seekers have a right to be there and New York has a responsibility to do the right thing, provide proper food, shelter and education.

He's saying they could use federal assistance.

Keep in mind I don't like this guy at all and think he's been corrupt as hell in a very short time, but this story isn't what you think it is.

So you agree that illegal immigrants are a financial burden on cities and states?

So you agree that illegal immigrants are a financial burden on cities and states?

Was that in dispute? If so, yes I agree.

Do you know just how much of a burden? Do you know exactly who is shouldering that burden?

I appreciate the politics of the situation and expect the majority of public takes on those questions will be completely partisan, and very few will be based on fact.

As a distant uninvolved party I'd be interested in the truth, as much of it as possible. Who needs how much money and for what?

@ShadowRun said Arizona and Texas were begging for money, were their requests reasonable and were they ignored?

The old senile retard told them to surge the border.
<Prem973>

what i have gotten out of this is that most people in the world want to migrate to america under bidens presidency than under any other presidency beforehand. and that sleepy joe is putting in the work and setting records, catching record numbers of all of these illegal aliens attempting to get into the country, and the border agency has not been able to thwart anywhere near as many illegals as they have under any other president, including donald trump.

keep up the good work joe, and stay tough on the border!

Do you know just how much of a burden? Do you know exactly who is shouldering that burden?

I appreciate the politics of the situation and expect the majority of public takes on those questions will be completely partisan, and very few will be based on fact.

As a distant uninvolved party I'd be interested in the truth, as much of it as possible. Who needs how much money and for what?

@ShadowRun said Arizona and Texas were begging for money, were their requests reasonable and were they ignored?

Yes some of our resident Democrats here will try to convince people that illegal immigrants are a financial benefit.

And it’s hard to consider the full financial burden because of a lot of the programs like WIC or enrolling in schools, you’re not allowed to ask for immigration status.

Have you not been following anything that had taken place at the border since Biden has been in power ? We know why Biden’s handlers want illegals to overflow here and damned be the repercussions with those people and the cities they flood.. they think they will be future democratic voters ..

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ng-for-climate-change.4231802/#post-167770940

Biden cuts border funding as his policies are about to overwhelm it
https://nypost.com/2022/03/17/biden...s-his-policies-are-about-to-overwhelm-it/amp/

Texas governor orders increased patrolling at border, taunts Biden administration’s lack of action
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/po...r-taunts-biden-administrations-lack-of-action

Texas is making another move in the battle over immigration. The Republican-led state government there has filed a series of lawsuits over border policy,

The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday refused to reinstate President Joe Biden's attempt to narrow immigration arrests and deportations to national security threats and other "priority" targets while his administration fights...
https://www.law360.com/amp/articles/1514083

Yes some of our resident Democrats here will try to convince people that illegal immigrants are a financial benefit.

And it’s hard to consider the full financial burden because of a lot of the programs like WIC or enrolling in schools, you’re not allowed to ask for immigration status.

Immigrants are definitely a financial benefit in the long term, this is undeniable. This has been argued back and forth across the western world and conservatives have been proven wrong every time. This is especially true of adult immigrants.

However, aren't we talking about asylum seekers here?

Immigrants, undocumented aliens and asylum seekers are all very different things. Aren't they?

Have you not been following anything that had taken place at the border since Biden has been in power ?

Yes, I've listened. It's the same partisan nonsense as always.

Thanks for including the NPR piece that discusses Republicans judge shopping to get partisan courts. Compelling stuff. No idea why you included it because it makes it clear how partisan the issue is and how willing to bend the law you guys are.

I'm trying to get you guys past the partisan nonsense into real talk. Do you have any earthly idea how much money Abbott cost both his state and the country with his delays at the border that did not in fact make the borders any more secure?

Yes, I've listened. It's the same partisan nonsense as always.

Thanks for including the NPR piece that discusses Republicans judge shopping to get partisan courts. Compelling stuff. No idea why you included it because it makes it clear how partisan the issue is and how willing to bend the law you guys are.

I'm trying to get you guys past the partisan nonsense into real talk. Do you have any earthly idea how much money Abbott cost both his state and the country with his delays at the border that did not in fact make the borders any more secure?
The NPR ( liberal rag) artical shows you all these lawsuits and acrinms states have to do because Biden admin is incompetent at the border. Over a year ago Biden said Harris is in charge of border go ahead and find one thing she has done that is helpful, I’ll wait while you google that…

uhh your not making sense you are saying because of Biden’s minimal border policies, the over whelming number of illegals crossing in border states, those state leaders who are over ran, get minimal fed help are costing others money ?
I grew up near the border, I see border patrol check points closed that never were, there’s a hotel that was completely taken over by the gov to house the illegals they pay well excuse me we pay to bus them around, dr visits, airplane rides. The hotel they live at, a few jump the 4 foot fence and escaped. Surprising I know… oh and they aren’t vaccinated but that only matters if you want to visit a love one in the hospital or try to work for a living

I just posted about this a week ago. Dude shit on the sidewalk. They have a shit map. They have car break ins right in front of people.

You would never see this in Russian cities. Yet people claim the US is better

what i have gotten out of this is that most people in the world want to migrate to america under bidens presidency than under any other presidency beforehand. and that sleepy joe is putting in the work and setting records, catching record numbers of all of these illegal aliens attempting to get into the country, and the border agency has not been able to thwart anywhere near as many illegals as they have under any other president, including donald trump.

keep up the good work joe, and stay tough on the border!
<LikeReally5> You assume senile Joe is sending them back?

The NPR ( liberal rag) artical shows you all these lawsuits and acrinms states have to do because Biden admin is incompetent at the border. Over a year ago Biden said Harris is in charge of border go ahead and find one thing she has done that is helpful, I’ll wait while you google that…

uhh your not making sense you are saying because of Biden’s minimal border policies, the over whelming number of illegals crossing in border states, those state leaders who are over ran, get minimal fed help are costing others money ?
I grew up near the border, I see border patrol check points closed that never were, there’s a hotel that was completely taken over by the gov to house the illegals they pay well excuse me we pay to bus them around, dr visits, airplane rides. The hotel they live at, a few jump the 4 foot fence and escaped. Surprising I know… oh and they aren’t vaccinated but that only matters if you want to visit a love one in the hospital or try to work for a living

Biden is almost exactly the same as Trump at the border, always has been, which is why he gets so much criticism from the left. One thing Biden did right was stop throwing money at a pointless wall. The lawsuits are political noise.

Let me know when you're ready to have a real discussion about this. Secure borders are important, we agree on that, but America throws away so much money on political theater and props where it's concerned. I never see you complain about Abbott's catastrophic stunt freezing the border, do you have any idea how much money that cost both the state and the entire country?

Biden has maintained Trump level spending on border security, I know this because he's getting a shitload of criticism on the left for it. He's modernized how the money is being spent and putting in a lot of technology that's pretty invasive. You're never going to hear about that because it's important for the right to criticize him on border security, it's one of the only things they actually pretend to care about. I say pretend because anyone looking at where Trump's wall was being built would know it's a prop.

Biden is almost exactly the same as Trump at the border, always has been, which is why he gets so much criticism from the left. One thing Biden did right was stop throwing money at a pointless wall. The lawsuits are political noise.

Let me know when you're ready to have a real discussion about this. Secure borders are important, we agree on that, but America throws away so much money on political theater and props where it's concerned. I never see you complain about Abbott's catastrophic stunt freezing the border, do you have any idea how much money that cost both the state and the entire country?

Biden has maintained Trump level spending on border security, I know this because he's getting a shitload of criticism on the left for it. He's modernized how the money is being spent and putting in a lot of technology that's pretty invasive. You're never going to hear about that because it's important for the right to criticize him on border security, it's one of the only things they actually pretend to care about. I say pretend because anyone looking at where Trump's wall was being built would know it's a prop.
Oh sure Biden same as trump … I have given you links and facts correlating to my talking points you are not even close to proving anything in this discussion, you are either that lazy or unaware about this subject. you think this would happen under Trump ?

The Trump wall was not a prop at all. If there were gaps and easily vulnerable/exploitative spots identified around the White House tou think there would be even a second before it was updated ? What about these politician home walls/fence, physical barriers. If they were a 100 years old you think they would not fix them. It’s not just about deterrence, it’s about strategy and a message. There is a reason walls are used and still being built all over the world. The idea it can’t stop everyone is some how a logical answer is ridiculous… Are you that fully indoctrinated? That you don’t do your own research you just take left echo chamber talking points ??

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/apr/27/dhs-has-spent-72-million-avoid-building-more-borde/
DHS has spent $72 million to avoid building more border wall
An estimate by Sen. James Lankford last year said the Pentagon’s shutdown costs were $2 billion.

Mr. Mayorkas revealed Homeland Security’s number during a hearing on his department’s budget request for fiscal 2023
While President Biden has not asked for any new border wall money, he is sitting on as much as $2.5 billion in money Congresspreviously allocated for it but which remains unspent.

to spending those funds in a way that enhances safety and security.”

He promised to give Congress a plan with more details, though he didn’t give a timeline on that document.

He said he has authorized construction on 68 new wall projects, completing gates and closing “gaps” in the wall.

Arizona's GOP-led Legislature votes to spend state money to build border wall
https://tucson.com/news/local/borde...69758d5e-9593-11ec-9abd-2b7deeb2d240.amp.html

Oh sure Biden same as trump … I have given you links and facts correlating to my talking points you are not even close to proving anything in this discussion, you are either that lazy or unaware about this subject. you think this would happen under Trump ?

The Trump wall was not a prop at all. If there were gaps and easily vulnerable/exploitative spots identified around the White House tou think there would be even a second before it was updated ? What about these politician home walls/fence, physical barriers. If they were a 100 years old you think they would not fix them. It’s not just about deterrence, it’s about strategy and a message. There is a reason walls are used and still being built all over the world. The idea it can’t stop everyone is some how a logical answer is ridiculous… Are you that fully indoctrinated? That you don’t do your own research you just take left echo chamber talking points ??

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/apr/27/dhs-has-spent-72-million-avoid-building-more-borde/
DHS has spent $72 million to avoid building more border wall
An estimate by Sen. James Lankford last year said the Pentagon’s shutdown costs were $2 billion.

Mr. Mayorkas revealed Homeland Security’s number during a hearing on his department’s budget request for fiscal 2023
While President Biden has not asked for any new border wall money, he is sitting on as much as $2.5 billion in money Congresspreviously allocated for it but which remains unspent.

to spending those funds in a way that enhances safety and security.”

He promised to give Congress a plan with more details, though he didn’t give a timeline on that document.

He said he has authorized construction on 68 new wall projects, completing gates and closing “gaps” in the wall.

Arizona's GOP-led Legislature votes to spend state money to build border wall
https://tucson.com/news/local/borde...69758d5e-9593-11ec-9abd-2b7deeb2d240.amp.html

Like I said, if you ever want to have a real discussion about this, let me know.

That’s what I thought no legit response, not sure what you were looking for replying to me earlier.

I don't want to trade political fairy tales or debate the efficacy of a wall when the vast majority of illegal immigration doesn't care about walls.

I know how much Biden is spending on border security and I watch criticisms from people who care what he's really doing, not posturing for elections. Complaints from opposition are rarely as accurate as criticisms from allies.

Every SINGLE time I go to SF I see people shitting on sidewalks. It’s literally impossible to not see.
I was there last summer and saw several car break-ins while driving to the fisherman’s wharf in broad day light.

Back