So, is Trump making America Great Again so far?

Only if we’ll stick our head in the sand and pretend what Obama did is the same as what Trump is doing.

And yeah, I was critical of Obama when he did it. But it comes no where close to what Trump is doing.

Obama was clear about the importance of the media and that their rights should be protected. Trump, among many other things, has said we should review the media’s rights and consider removing them.

Your “what about him” is distorting your thinking here.

I thought you were saying the mere criticism of the press by a sitting president is highly inappropriate. If so, your position is at odds with the traditions of our nation. If you're saying Trump has done it with more frequency and intensity than Obama, I agree but I don't see that as a bad thing.

Our country has a long history of the president attacking the press. President Grant's attacks on the press during his presidency were similar to what we're seeing today. President Cleveland might have been even more extreme than Trump in this regard.

I thought you were saying the mere criticism of the press by a sitting president is highly inappropriate. If so, your position is at odds with the traditions of our nation. If you're saying Trump has done it with more frequency and intensity than Obama, I agree but I don't see that as a bad thing.

Our country has a long history of the president attacking the press. President Grant's attacks on the press during his presidency were similar to what we're seeing today. President Cleveland might have been even more extreme than Trump in this regard.
Your thoughts on his comment that we should consider removing their credentials or the one where he wants a state sponsored media station?

It’s not just volume and intensity it’s what he’s actually proposing that’s terrible.

And to the hacking point I forgot to bring up that Trump actually asked Russia to do more hacking and release he emails. Ok because America hacked other countries?

God forbid you have to wait longer because some poor kid needs a vaccination. And you still haven't explained how reducing medical access for people lowers costs or improves outcomes. It seems to me that prevention is key and saves us in the long run. Serious problems cost a lot more than preventive medicine.

The first publicly funded hospital was created in 1798 when John Adams was president and Thomas Jefferson was in the senate. Did those founding fathers not understand the purpose of our government?

No, what it does is give people who otherwise can't afford it increased access to health care. Turning our back on people who have no way to earn a living is not an answer to health care problems. I am sure the quadriplegic sector is burgeoning but it's not realistic to ask the indigent to just get a job.

Hard to respond to your entitled rant because I am actually at work. Who are you to say people on Medicaid have no way to earn a living? Do you work with these people often? As for the patient care outcomes I suggest you do a little research because it’s proven that Medicaid and similar programs lower paying patient care outcomes due to over-saturation. Trump is our president now and seeks to cut Medicaid. Does our great commander in chief not understand the purpose of our government?

Your thoughts on his comment that we should consider removing their credentials
That's his privilege. He temporarily pulled WaPo's credentials in response to a reckless and dishonest headline. They are free to write whatever they want (freedom of the press) and he is free to ban them from his press conferences.

the one where he wants a state sponsored media station?

I'm not aware of that. Please provide a link.

And to the hacking point I forgot to bring up that Trump actually asked Russia to do more hacking and release he emails. Ok because America hacked other countries?
I re-listened to what he said:

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 e-mails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

You mischaracterized it. He wasn't calling for "more hacking" because the server could no longer have been hacked. He was calling for the release of the e-mails that the Clinton team had already deleted before they handed over her server to the FBI. The idea is that the public had a right to see those e-mails (I don't really agree, but that's the premise), so Russia (or whoever) should have released them.

First be honest about your position. Do you want to trim fat or kill the program?
trim as much as possible, and if it can be replaced by expanding other programs then do that. poor people should be covered by this or some other program

That's his privilege. He temporarily pulled WaPo's credentials in response to a reckless and dishonest headline. They are free to write whatever they want (freedom of the press) and he is free to ban them from his press conferences.

I'm not aware of that. Please provide a link.

I re-listened to what he said:

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 e-mails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

You mischaracterized it. He wasn't calling for "more hacking" because the server could no longer have been hacked. He was calling for the release of the e-mails that the Clinton team had already deleted before they handed over her server to the FBI. The idea is that the public had a right to see those e-mails (I don't really agree, but that's the premise), so Russia (or whoever) should have released them.
Oh I see, you’ll give Trump the most positive interpretation possible. Trumps speaking style allows for that. At a minimum he was fine with it, even if I granted you he didn’t call for mor. That’s damning enough for me (but not you apparently). It’s amazing you’d take his side on that. In other words, it’s ok if Russia hacks us if they help his campaign. Unreal.

I’ll provide the tweet when I get to a computer. And I’m talking about his tweet to remove their right to report. I’ll grab that one too.

It’s like you can address his less harmful stuff but you’re not aware of the really bad ones. I’ll get them.

trim as much as possible, and if it can be replaced by expanding other programs then do that. poor people should be covered by this or some other program
Ok cool so we don’t actually disagree.

In other words, it’s ok if Russia hacks us if they help his campaign. Unreal.
If you're not even going to try to understand what I wrote, there is no point in conversing with you. It's not "ok" if "Russia hacks us". But,

1) Russia did not hack us. They (probably) hacked the DNC, which is a private, non-governmental organization.

2) You are acting like Russia hacking US systems is something new or profound. It's been going on as long as the internet has been around and will continue long into the future.

He's made a mockery of the office so there's that

Ok cool so we don’t actually disagree.
Add this, subtle but important
I don’t want anyone on the program
My desire of success is how many people don’t need he program or they other way round

If you're not even going to try to understand what I wrote, there is no point in conversing with you. It's not "ok" if "Russia hacks us". But,

1) Russia did not hack us. They (probably) hacked the DNC, which is a private, non-governmental organization.

2) You are acting like Russia hacking US systems is something new or profound. It's been going on as long as the internet has been around and will continue long into the future.
Sorry, I thought us could include America not only political parties. They hacked us (because I vote D) just not your guys. Got it. See, if they attacked the GOP it wouldn’t change my view at all and I’d still say they hacked us. You seem to be indifferent to the fact that they are fucking with our democratic process.

You’ll extend me the same courtesy then given I never said this was a new thing and didn’t say anything to imply that. Although their use of social media is new (social media is new). Because it’s an old thing, should we be cool with it? Seems to be your implication.

I’ll tell you what is new, our president is cool with it as long as it benefits him.

Add this, subtle but important
I don’t want anyone on the program
My desire of success is how many people don’t need he program or they other way round
I agree on that too, although some level is unavoidable as a negative by product of a capitalistic system.

I agree on that too, although some level is unavoidable as a negative by product of a capitalistic system.
which system doesn't have poor people? and non of that "that wasn't real communism" shit. poverty level in capitalistic societies is lower than anywhere else

Sorry, I thought us could include America not only political parties. They hacked us (because I vote D) just not your guys. Got it. See, if they attacked the GOP it wouldn’t change my view at all and I’d still say they hacked us.
I'm not a member of any political party and feel no affinity for either party. "Us" in this context would mean federal government or election systems.

You seem to be indifferent to the fact that they are fucking with our democratic process.
Just jaded. Russia cheats at everything and everyone knows it. The DNC had $100,000,000s and they couldn't even protect their stupid e-mail system. Blowing it out of proportion as "they hacked our election" is dishonest, misleading, and unproductive.

You’ll extend me the same courtesy then given I never said this was a new thing and didn’t say anything to imply that. Although their use of social media is new (social media is new). Because it’s an old thing, should we be cool with it? Seems to be your implication.

What's "cool with it" mean? It's going to happen. You can try to fight it (offense) or protect yourself against it (defense). The latter is going to offer a much better ROI.

I’ll tell you what is new, our president is cool with it as long as it benefits him.
You provided no evidence that he is "cool with" Russians hacking US systems. On the contrary, there are many cases in which he said it was unacceptable if Russia did hack the DNC. Here is one example:

4 min 10 sec:

Look, I want to find out if there was a problem with an election having to do with Russia, or by the way anybody else---any other country. And I want that to be so strong and so good.

Hard to respond to your entitled rant because I am actually at work. Who are you to say people on Medicaid have no way to earn a living? Do you work with these people often? As for the patient care outcomes I suggest you do a little research because it’s proven that Medicaid and similar programs lower paying patient care outcomes due to over-saturation. Trump is our president now and seeks to cut Medicaid. Does our great commander in chief not understand the purpose of our government?
The obvious reality is that children, the elderly, and the disabled are especially vulnerable in a market economy because they can't compete or can't work at all.

You are the one that asserted medicaid is destroying health care for everyone who "contributes", so I am asking you to back it up with something. My own research doesn't agree with you, but I am willing to listen.

I do think there is a problem with churn and burn primary care, partially thanks to the lower medicare and medicaid negotiated rates. I don't see the positives in pulling the rug out from under the poorest citizens because we will always end up paying for them, no matter what you implement. The difference is in the management of that. Waiting for major problems to develop before treating someone is likely much more expensive than paying up front for preventive care.
In a world where the government isn't full of completely useless dickheads I would say we can address our situation with DPC's, and back it up with something like catastrophic medicare for all.

Lol at Trump understanding the role of government. 1/10.

I'm not a member of any political party and feel no affinity for either party. "Us" in this context would mean federal government or election systems.

Just jaded. Russia cheats at everything and everyone knows it. The DNC had $100,000,000s and they couldn't even protect their stupid e-mail system. Blowing it out of proportion as "they hacked our election" is dishonest, misleading, and unproductive.

What's "cool with it" mean? It's going to happen. You can try to fight it (offense) or protect yourself against it (defense). The latter is going to offer a much better ROI.

You provided no evidence that he is "cool with" Russians hacking US systems. On the contrary, there are many cases in which he said it was unacceptable if Russia did hack the DNC. Here is one example:

4 min 10 sec:

Look, I want to find out if there was a problem with an election having to do with Russia, or by the way anybody else---any other country. And I want that to be so strong and so good.

What are you talking about? The quote you posted at a minimum shows that he was fine with Russian hacks because it helped him. He encouraged them to release the emails. Not good enough?

The economy has improved (though I doubt he has much to do with it), and I like his nomination of Gorsuch for the Supreme Court, along with a few other nominations like Devos. Watching him triggering TF out of the Left has been downright amusing, though his own fanboys have shown themselves to be somehow even more easily triggered than Libs, which I thought was impossible.

The country is certainly more divided under him, and nothing is getting done at all Federally which is really absurd considering how much of a stranglehold Team Red has right now.

Overall, 2/10; hopefully Team Red or Team Blue step up in 2020 so I don't have to vote for Gary fucking Johnson again.

Back