So UFC is wasting one of Cormier's last fights against Stipe?

Still it would be interesting and fun match up, Stipe vs DC isn't

giphy.gif

Us = mma fans. Sure lets waste his probably last fight fighting a guy he already fought and knocked him out, very exciting.
How can you call yourself a fan and not know rematches 90 percent of the time is different? I mean d.c got dominated his first Jones fight , had a rematch and got knocked out

I can't put a number on Cormier's weight gain but his training partners report the difference it made to his power was substantial. That would explain why he won by KO after gaining weight, even though "his punches had no effect at all" before that.
If you buy the official story, Jones was on steroids when he knocked Cormier out but now his positive drug tests merely indicate pulsing, which has no performance enhancing effects and would therefore erase the advantage he took into that fight.
Maybe but by the same token DC is now a couple years older and slower and it stands to reason if he gain a substantial amount of power Jones would likely enjoy those same benefits with the added weight himself.

Nothing in there previous 2 fights makes me think a third would be any different regardless of weight class but who knows.

Stipe will never get the respect he deserves from you casuals. Guy had the best run ever in the UFC heavyweight div. and deserves either a number 1 spot or a title shot.
I think he beats Cormier the second time with strikes.

I say yes. Reason why is Stipe will lose again with ease to Cormier. Bump this up later because I'll be correct. Cormier by super easy ko in round 1.

For those who agree with TS, would you in retrospect still feel that way if Stipe tools DC?

Flash KO's that were lies which could never be repeated have happened numerous times in MMA- GSP/ Serra, CC/Randleman being the most notable. There isn't that kind of skill gap here, but this could well be a very different fight the second time around, and Stipe could very well show that he is the best HW.

DC knows he is in for a tough match and stands a decent chance of losing, that is the reason he fought Derrick Lewis instead of an instant rematch with Stipe; DC SAID this, I am not speculating.

Stipe whooped Francine and JDS and half the top ten. Dude deserves the fight since bones is booked

i hate instant rematches myself, but of all of them this one would bother me about the least. HW is ridiculously shallow and DC doesn't have that many more fights in him.

I'm all for it because I believe Stipe is obviously capable of much more than what we saw from him in the three minutes that the first fight lasted. Plus who else is Cormier gonna fight? It's about time he defended his belt again, so I'd rather not wait around for the Ngannou/JDS winner.

Maybe but by the same token DC is now a couple years older and slower and it stands to reason if he gain a substantial amount of power Jones would likely enjoy those same benefits with the added weight himself.

Even if Jones bulked up, I doubt he'd get bigger than Miocic. If Cormier could KO Miocic, I think it's at least possible for him to KO a smaller fighter like Jones.

Nothing in there previous 2 fights makes me think a third would be any different regardless of weight class but who knows.

Not even their first three rounds? If I seriously believed Jones had lost his PED advantage, I would bet money on Cormier.

For those who agree with TS, would you in retrospect still feel that way if Stipe tools DC?

Flash KO's that were lies which could never be repeated have happened numerous times in MMA- GSP/ Serra, CC/Randleman being the most notable. There isn't that kind of skill gap here, but this could well be a very different fight the second time around, and Stipe could very well show that he is the best HW.

DC knows he is in for a tough match and stands a decent chance of losing, that is the reason he fought Derrick Lewis instead of an instant rematch with Stipe; DC SAID this, I am not speculating.
I don't think Cro Cop was THAT much more skilled than Randleman. Just a little.

Even more so, because then we gotta watch the trilogy.
Also lol @ calling the DC vs Stipe KO a Flash KO, do you know what that means? It wasn't a Flash KO, he was out cold.

If Cormier knocks Stipe out again (in the 1st round) and then retires...HW will become the undisputed worst UFC division of all time...and for all time.

Jarl

The truth is Cormier's fans are terrified, because they know the result. Cormier will be indoctrinated and humiliated and I can't wait to post here some gifs of his destruction. One side beatdown, eyepokes are the only way for him to survive.

it doesn't make sense... I could understand it if their first fight was close but it was a 1st rd KO

I'd say do Jones 3 at HW, Reem, or JDS/Ngannou winner

How can you call for Jon/DC3 when their last fight wasn't even close. Did you see DC get sent to the stanky leg realm and then straight to the shadow realm where he was dancing in a field of daisy's?

Great commentary by Shaun Al-Shatti from MMAfighting on the topic:

"Hell, even Cormier has been active since UFC 226. He risked his title — and the Lesnar payday that never came — against Derrick Lewis with an injured hand on three week’s notice just to save UFC 230. And he didn’t once make a fuss.

You want to talk about a return to the meritocracy, Chuck? That’s why Cormier vs. Ngannou is the fight. If you’re UFC matchmakers, that’s the move.

Reward the guy who stayed active. Reward the guy who took on all comers. Reward the guy who wanted the toughest possible matchups for himself. Reward the guy whose back-to-back wins over Curtis Blaydes and Cain Velasquez in a combined 71 seconds of cage time might be the most impressive two-fight run from any heavyweight of the past two years.

It’s a fresh matchup and Francis Ngannou has earned it. Let’s see if this evolved version of “The Predator” is really the contender we think he could be. Plus there’s the added intrigue of a storyline that sells itself: “Cormier Tries To Avenge His Fallen Best Friend.” It’s all right there.

Ngannou is currently booked against Junior dos Santos, sure, and yes, that could be a No. 1 contender match, but so could Miocic vs. JDS 3 or Miocic vs. Overeem 2, and the UFC has never shied away from reshuffling its characters when the situation demands.

This might be DC’s last hurrah. A Cormier vs. Miocic farewell fight does nothing except prove whether DC can replicate a feat he already accomplished. This man is one of the all-time greats and we’ll miss him dearly once he’s gone. If weren’t not getting a Jon Jones trilogy fight at heavyweight, let’s at least burn that last outing on something we haven’t seen before — especially if the man on the other side of the cage is a behemoth who seemingly carries a death touch and has earned his shot by paying the iron price."

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/5/...iel-cormier-vs-stipe-miocic-2-the-right-fight

Back