Soda Stream Replacement Bottle?

mushishi

A is a, a is a, should I save her?
@Silver
Reaction score
So I have a soda stream and I love the thing. But their replacement CO2 bottles are pricey. Anyone use a 20 lb bottle with the adapter cable thingey? I don't want to turn on the co2 when fizzing water and then turn off the bottle to keep the cable from bursting. I just want to get a huge tank that I can leave on and fizz when my heart desires.

Help me sherbros

I can't say I use soda stream myself. I just swill it round my mouth and spit it back into the glass a few times.

I'm not familiar with the product but shouldn't the "cable thingy", i'll call it a pressurized hose. Shouldn't that thing be rated to handle a certain pressure?

Honestly with the cult following this homemade soda shit is getting I wouldn't be surprised if some hippie doesn't have a DIY for hooking up an industrial 250lbs tank.

I work with pressurized fluids on a regular basis so I'd be more then happy to help if I knew exactly what you were talking about.

I'm not familiar with the product but shouldn't the "cable thingy", i'll call it a pressurized hose. Shouldn't that thing be rated to handle a certain pressure?

Honestly with the cult following this homemade soda shit is getting I wouldn't be surprised if some hippie doesn't have a DIY for hooking up an industrial 250lbs tank.

I work with pressurized fluids on a regular basis so I'd be more then happy to help if I knew exactly what you were talking about.
haha yeah, a pressurized hose. Here is a link to a product I'm thinking about getting, but something cheaper would be better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sodastream-...17c31a&pid=100338&rk=6&rkt=12&sd=151370310629

Would this hose allow me to leave the co2 on all the time?

@mushishi With that particular adapter sure, If you notice the metal valve at the one end it looks like they installed a poor mans (pressure regulator) .

Thats probably 12 dollars in parts for $100 dollars.

As long as the hose itself is designed for pressure you'd probably be better off buying a "real" pressure regulator, the soda stream adapter and a length of hose. That way you can accurately read the pressure in your tank and detect any potential leaks.

C02 pressured hoses seem pretty cheap.

TDLR

Basically that product you linked will work and won't leak but the same can be said about a hose and adapter you assemble yourself as long as you place a regulator before the hose even if you go the poor mans route like they did.

The wife has one of these big bottles hooked up. She loves it. Since you're not supposed to leave pressure in the hose she turns it off and then gasses her last bottle with whatever's left in the line.

@mushishi With that particular adapter sure, If you notice the metal valve at the one end it looks like they installed a poor mans (pressure regulator) .

Thats probably 12 dollars in parts for $100 dollars.

As long as the hose itself is designed for pressure you'd probably be better off buying a "real" pressure regulator, the soda stream adapter and a length of hose. That way you can accurately read the pressure in your tank and detect any potential leaks.

C02 pressured hoses seem pretty cheap.

TDLR

Basically that product you linked will work and won't leak but the same can be said about a hose and adapter you assemble yourself as long as you place a regulator before the hose even if you go the poor mans route like they did.
Yeah, I figured as much. Thanks, I'm going to do a little research and see if I can source parts and try to make one myself. If I don't reply with the results in a week or two, I blew myself up.

The wife has one of these big bottles hooked up. She loves it. Since you're not supposed to leave pressure in the hose she turns it off and then gasses her last bottle with whatever's left in the line.
Yeah, that's what I heard, too. I wouldn't mind paying more for a hose that's rated for the pressure of leaving a 20 or 50 lb tank on all the time, though. Those little things irk me. haha How big is your tank? I have no idea the size of these things. And do you refill at a paintball shop?

Don't know shit about them, other than I tried one for the first time last year and was amazed how well it worked. Will be switching as soon as I have the disposable income.

Yeah, that's what I heard, too. I wouldn't mind paying more for a hose that's rated for the pressure of leaving a 20 or 50 lb tank on all the time, though. Those little things irk me. haha How big is your tank? I have no idea the size of these things. And do you refill at a paintball shop?

I don't use the thing so please excuse my ignorance. The tank seems a size or so smaller than the link in post #5. She probably refills at the Home Depot or some dive shop. She was getting refills at the Sports Authority but they went belly up.

I can't help but I'll share a story. My sister bought me one of those. I used it once or twice, then forgot about it. Year or so later I decide to use it one day. I press the button once and BOOM! So much pressure came out that the liquid went flying all over the room. What a fucking mess. Nothing like surupy liquid in your eyes.

I can't help but I'll share a story. My sister bought me one of those. I used it once or twice, then forgot about it. Year or so later I decide to use it one day. I press the button once and BOOM! So much pressure came out that the liquid went flying all over the room. What a fucking mess. Nothing like surupy liquid in your eyes.
I-dont-believe-you.gif

Once we have figured out how to connect a regular C02 tank to the store bought machine I'm buying one. I drink 2L of bubble water a day so it would save lots of bottles and $.

Last edited:
Back