Some of you think that a man trained by Owen Roddy and John Kavanagh will beat Floyd Mayweather

In fairness to Kavanagh he was submitted in an MMA match in 2002. He was awarded black belt in 2007. You can't use a fight 5 years previous to say his black belt is fake.

Conor changed their bum lives. They should be tankin him

Ya'll really have no clue who John Kavanaugh is, do you?

Bwaaaaahahahahahahahhhhaaa

From TS, from one of his all time famous threads, which has been sourced in this thread already.

"People keep saying that Conor will defeat him with ease on the feet...

You do know Eddie's chin is probably just as good as Nate Diaz, you know Nate, the guy that Conor couldn't put away in almost 35 minutes of fighting?"

- And more gems-

Certainty of a Diaz win, clowns on Conor says he can only throw straight lefts and makes assertions he sucks:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/observation-from-mcgregor-diaz-i.3307629/

One of many similar threads and assertions with his obsession (Conor), claiming that Conor fans know nothing about fighting and are all noobs (conviniently ignoring the fact that he was the blue chip prospect of choice round here from all the technique gurus):

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...e-first-live-event-you-watched-on-tv.3327601/

Clowning on McGregor, again:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-202-mcgregors-death-stare.3326575/

Pointing out how not one professional thought Conor was going to win (sound familiar.....they, like TS, def weren't jealous tho, all very objective):

forums.sherdog.com/threads/fighters-predict-diaz-vs-mcgregor-ii.3299789/

This is another gem, surmising Aldo is a better striker than Conor long after he starched him:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/whos-the-better-striker-aldo-or-mcgregor.3301927/

There are loads more, but you get the point. All the same stuff.

TS, bro, you need to find a hobby that you like, bruv! Hating is not good for the soul, bro. It is obvious you aren't really a fan of anyone, just want to see Conor lose and your life is profoundly shook that he is the best P4P fighter on the planet and the only fighter in the modern UFC that can win two simultaneous belts. I understand this past year has been traumatizing for you, but for real, get a hobby and stop hating. What will you do if he somehow manages to KO Floyd?

Last edited:
There is no doubt Mayweather has the higher chance of winning but to dismiss Macs coaches after the success they have had is disrespectful to the martial arts community, idiotic and closed minded.

This is why you will never be great and nobody will remember your name.

I'm kind naive to the fighters kavanaugh has put out there and i haven't seen any promise from any of the UFc guys he has
Who are some top fighters kavanaugh has put out?

From my knowledge he has Conor, who would be great no matter the gym he chose.
Like Terence crawford in boxng.

I'm kind naive to the fighters kavanaugh has put out there and i haven't seen any promise from any of the UFc guys he has
Who are some top fighters kavanaugh has put out?

From my knowledge he has Conor, who would be great no matter the gym he chose.
Like Terence crawford in boxng.

I see your point but you gotta remember how new MMA is in Ireland. Relatively speaking it's quite new everywhere but before Conor it was almost unheard of in Ireland and indeed in the UK.

Off the top of my head - John has trained and coached Conor, Gunner, Artem and Hoolahan into being ranked UFC fighters. It's fucking really hard to get into the ufc. Of the hundreds of thousands of people competing in MMA globally only 500 or so are in the UFC. And what, 150 or so are ranked?

Not saying they're all world beaters but SBG punches above it's weight imo. And whilst Conor is a bit 'unicorn' - who's to say he'd have been as successful without Kavanah? I guarantee you if you asked Conor himself he'd say what a huge influence on him John has been.

People always hate on Kavanagh as an extension of their hate for Conor but I think he seems like a good dude and certainly worth his weight as an MMA trainer.

I stopped reading once TS said he looked up Owen Roddy's boxing credentials.

I see your point but you gotta remember how new MMA is in Ireland. Relatively speaking it's quite new everywhere but before Conor it was almost unheard of in Ireland and indeed in the UK.

Off the top of my head - John has trained and coached Conor, Gunner, Artem and Hoolahan into being ranked UFC fighters. It's fucking really hard to get into the ufc. Of the hundreds of thousands of people competing in MMA globally only 500 or so are in the UFC. And what, 150 or so are ranked?

Not saying they're all world beaters but SBG punches above it's weight imo. And whilst Conor is a bit 'unicorn' - who's to say he'd have been as successful without Kavanah? I guarantee you if you asked Conor himself he'd say what a huge influence on him John has been.

People always hate on Kavanagh as an extension of their hate for Conor but I think he seems like a good dude and certainly worth his weight as an MMA trainer.

Im a fan of Conor,.I enjoy his fights and his talk but he's a huge fish in a tiny little pond imo

Very few fighters can get away with that. Even the quality of sparring partners and it's hard to reach new heights when you're the best guy at the gym and there's no one there to push you in any area.

Fedor got away with it for awhile but loyalty can be a bad thing.

I think it's a pretty loud statement he didn't bother getting a good boxing trainer just to correct the little things his coaches don't realize.
Sure they can be apart of it but claiming boxers and trainers don't think outside the box just screams I know nothing about boxing. While you go back to your corner to 2 guys who have no experience at their job.

I watched a kavanaugh video and his own students had never seen him in trunks and boxing gloves.

If an
MMA guy did that going into boxing against a top dog the ridicule would be insane. It's a credit to Conor being able to sell a fight that a jiu jitsu guy and another guy who's never boxed is in his corner is considered a good move as boxers and boxing trainers are stuck in the mud and fight fans are like exactly!

Its an entertaining fight and I'm still buying.

Yes. If you studied skillsets at all you should have seen how easily McGregor would handle Alvarez.

Your threads are good memes these days, so keep at it.

Based on this statement you agree that Floyd should handle Conor easily?

Bwaaaaahahahahahahahhhhaaa

From TS, from one of his all time famous threads, which has been sourced in this thread already.

"People keep saying that Conor will defeat him with ease on the feet...

You do know Eddie's chin is probably just as good as Nate Diaz, you know Nate, the guy that Conor couldn't put away in almost 35 minutes of fighting?"

- And more gems-

Certainty of a Diaz win, clowns on Conor says he can only throw straight lefts and makes assertions he sucks:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/observation-from-mcgregor-diaz-i.3307629/

One of many similar threads and assertions with his obsession (Conor), claiming that Conor fans know nothing about fighting and are all noobs (conviniently ignoring the fact that he was the blue chip prospect of choice round here from all the technique gurus):

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...e-first-live-event-you-watched-on-tv.3327601/

Clowning on McGregor, again:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-202-mcgregors-death-stare.3326575/

Pointing out how not one professional thought Conor was going to win (sound familiar.....they, like TS, def weren't jealous tho, all very objective):

forums.sherdog.com/threads/fighters-predict-diaz-vs-mcgregor-ii.3299789/

This is another gem, surmising Aldo is a better striker than Conor long after he starched him:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/whos-the-better-striker-aldo-or-mcgregor.3301927/

There are loads more, but you get the point. All the same stuff.

TS, bro, you need to find a hobby that you like, bruv! Hating is not good for the soul, bro. It is obvious you aren't really a fan of anyone, just want to see Conor lose and your life is profoundly shook that he is the best P4P fighter on the planet and the only fighter in the modern UFC that can win two simultaneous belts. I understand this past year has been traumatizing for you, but for real, get a hobby and stop hating. What will you do if he somehow manages to KO Floyd?
Can't believe you spent that much time going back to this clowns threads... I'm on your side brah... But you also needs a hobby! Lol

Oh look, it's the natural-born-hater.

You don't bring your trainers in the ring with you. And you picked a guy trained by a pizza maker to beat Conor. Please be consistent.

Never understood this logic that an amazing coach had to be an amazing fighter previously (before coaching). How does that make any sense at all? Lol.

Coaches don't have to be good at the sport they are coaching, and his coaches know what he does best and what has worked for him. It is unreasonable to think even a high level boxing coach could turn him into a boxer in 4 months.
This camp has been all about getting him conditioned for going 12 x 3 rounds, and figuring out ways to implement his usual game against a pure boxer. That's it.

Some of you thought Eddie Alvarez would wreck Conor McGregor.

Specifically, you.
Okay I get people were doubting Conor against Eddie (I not being one of them) .To compare people doubting Conor in a MMA match versus a smaller brawler whose 28-4 at the time, to a boxing match against an 49-0 fighter with arguably the best defense, adaption, and ring iq in the sport.

Floyds been hit hard like 6 times in 21 years against some of the best in boxing, ofc people are going to seriously doubt Conor's chances.

Back