Sony Announce Playstation Classic with 20 preinstalled games

There are rumors that the PS5 will be fully backwards compatible for for PS1/2/3/4.

I don't buy it, but it's being floated around on the net, and the net is right about 10% of the time with these early rumors, so you never know. Keep hope alive!

That would be sweet, but I doubt it. Isn’t the PS3 like really different from the other three? Like I could see them making one that’s PS1/2/4 compatible but to throw in 3 as well would be pretty tricky, no?

The Dual Analog?

300px-PS1_Dual_Analog_with_Box.jpg
Yeah. The one without those...

That's not a Dual Shock though. Notice the stick surface curving inward.
I noticed. It's the og one with two sticks (*edit: or is it? That one looks a little thick and rounded like the dual shock controller). Not sure i ever used that one but the one without those sticks is a good'n...

I noticed. It's the og one with two sticks (*edit: or is it? That one looks a little thick and rounded like the dual shock controller). Not sure i ever used that one but the one without those sticks is a good'n...
Some games kinda sucked on the OG PS1 controller though, plus Ape Escape required the sticks.

That would be sweet, but I doubt it. Isn’t the PS3 like really different from the other three? Like I could see them making one that’s PS1/2/4 compatible but to throw in 3 as well would be pretty tricky, no?

Yeah, it's pretty unrealistic, but honestly, the BC feature on the XBone is a minor miracle(that people take for granted), so you never know. With advances in technology comes new possibilities. The PS3 was notoriously complex and annoying to program for, but the PS5's processor might make it possible.

I still doubt it, but like I said, you never know.

PS2 had the stupid Emotion Engine too but they had the hype and the DVD playback and it wasn't $600 at launch.

Back