Spider-Man PS4

Are the DLCs worth the $$$? Loved the main game but the official game sites say the DLC (at least the first two) are short and not of the same quality...

Yeah. I remember that from the comics. It just fits the Batman Arkham series more since Bats is not super human level strong.

That said, combat feels more fun than the Arkham games due to the variety of web attacks and how much bouncing around you can do as Spidey. Maybe that's just me though.

Batman combat was a lot more frustrating. Spidey can jump around.

My kid had problems with the combat because he would just stand and bang with the dudes and I told him you’re Spiderman,
not Pavementman. Use your abilities and the environment. Bounce, web, throw, kick, bounce, bounce, dodge, item, bounce, dodge web, kick.

If you want to stand and bang - Yakuza.

Batman is some fucked up rhythm game, Spidey is an absolute rip off but does EVERYTHING better and no fucking Bat Tank bullshit.

Still Spidey should be able to one punch these dudes. I mean he does shit to them as a finisher that would kill Bane.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to playing this game with the Raimi suit from the beginning of my first playthrough.

I must be the only one who thinks Arkham Asylum was the peak of the batman games, ging open world was the worst thing that couldve happened. The games just became bland as hell.

people are just weird and prefer quantity over quality for their money

those 60$ better get me 200+ hours of question marks on the map or its not worth it

Awesome game. About halfway done. Got the dlc to do as well.

I'm thinking about buying this game again. I originally traded it on for RDR2, but I have the urge to swing around the city again.

I hear the DLC's are extremely lame. True?

I fucking hate MJ, she is such a horrible character. Everything about her is wrong, the writing and her missions. She is annoying as fuck, she makes awful decisions and I have a feeling that games forces her too hard to be an important character.

Finally, her missions are on the level of some PS2 stealth games.

Such a shame cause the rest of the game is mostly fantastic.

Aside from repetition, my only issues with this game are the missions as MJ and the other kid. Sure it pushes the story forward but I just find em boring missions. Still about a 9/10 game though.

Game was awesome. Just finished. Well written story.

Not a fan of the MJ or Miles missions but game as a whole was phenomenal.

Really nailed the feel of Spider-Man.

Ending brought the feels.

I don't care too much about comic book characters and I'm not a fanboy in general, but I have to say that this game is fun. I really think they did a great job making the web-swinging representative of the old cartoons and the abilities are pretty cool, as well as the skill tree.

I'm a little peeved at the combat, in the sense that I find it is not as responsive to commands as what I would like, but all in all I've had fun with it. I haven't read the thread at all. Just wanted to share my experience on it.

It’s the best Spidey movie.

I forgot I have DLC to play. I think I’ll let my kid handle that. He’s getting very good at the game.

Well, this was the most disappointing gaming experience i've had in a long time, certainly in the PS4 era. Sigh, where to begin...

1) Gameplay, combat, challenge

The most important part of gaming for me is challenging and thought provoking gameplay. Cutscenes and a decent storyline are somewhat important but if that was enough, i can simply watch a play-through on Youtube and be done with it. This game offers absolutely no challenge. I played on the Spectacular Spider-Man difficulty and i didn't die once in the last third of the game including all Sinister Six fights. The Ultimate difficulty is just as easy. The boss fights are simply put, atrocious. In a world with God of War, Bloodborne, etc...this just won't cut it. Doc Ock is the final boss and yet he goes down approximately in the same time that it would take to stop a robbery or beat some random thugs. There's neither quality nor quantity. We have 5-6 bosses altogether and they decide to couple them? What a terrible idea. What good are 30 gadgets when every boss fight is circle, R1, triangle? I understand that the game caters to casual gamers but why add difficulty levels then? Compare the difficulty levels to God of War. You don't have to play ''Give me God of War'' but those who want a challenge can have a blast.

2) Side Missions, Side Quests

Chasing pigeons, what a glorious idea! A Black Cat DLC commercial? Random students going rogue? 50 Demon thugs crimes...boring? How about 50 more Sable crimes? Tedious? How about 50 more prison thugs crimes? We have a short storyline, no boss battle worth a damn, no interesting side quests, so how do we prolong the game? How about doing the same thing over and over 50 times? Brilliant!

3) Miles and MJ gameplay

I will preface to say that i don't care and never will for Miles, Damien-Batman, She-Hulk, Terry McGinnis and every single ''take over the mantle'' or change race/gender of the same character. If i'm a tennis fan and i love Rafael Nadal, i don't want to see Rafaela Nadal, or Rafa Nadalesku, i'd prefer an original like Serena, or Kim Clijsters or Stan Wawrinka.

It's largely a criticism of the comics industry lack of originality and need to continue endlessly but the game doesn't shy away from it. I would not fault the game for the inclusion of Miles if they didn't make him a big part of the story including him becoming Spider-Man at the end. A cameo? Sure. But his intrusion of the story by having erm...crouch with him several times was immersion breaking. Same thing with reckless reporter MJ. Why stop there? Why not play with Aunt May while Pete is fighting Doc Ock and assist him by hitting Ock with her umbrella?

Changing protagonists mid-game can be great, the Last of Us a great example, but the change served the story. Here, you can completely skip those stealth missions and the story would go on the same.

4) The story

The sympathetic father figure turned villain Doc Ock was the best part of the game and even that was taken from Spider-Man 2. Out of all the possible stories to create, they couldn't write something more original or daring? The Sinister Six were thrown in so recklessly, and misused so badly, they seemed to be a part of a different game. It seems like they realized mid game they have no boss fights so they decided to add that just so Spidey has someone to fight. Ock goes full Dany in a 20 minutes, from wanting to create something good to breaking villains from jail and poisoning thousands of people. We have 5 minutes of Aunt May and she dies.

A tremendous let down on every level.

Back