Sport BJJ blackbelt vs strong untrained dude who can punch, in a fight with strikes. Who takes it?

Let's continue.
If we teach self defense to really capable people, not just for fun, then there more harash techniques added and ... preferably sparred. Of course with restrictions, and there we need to know, that sparring parnter will not deliver his partner to ICU or morque because something doesn't liked him, he cannot discipline himself or take sparring as bout for champion tittle or fight for life and....execute techniques in this manner....

Next value of the codex is aspect of Budo, that Art will be conversation with Creator, maybe last thing in life if one does art for self defense when life is in real danger.
Then Art partially maybe will be artists conversation with his death and things after this.

People say a lot and do a lot of other things. Just because it was said and built in doesn’t mean everyone abided by it. Like I said, to each their own. If that’s how you want to do it, do It that way. I don’t need martial arts to teach me anything other than martial arts.

As far as tattoos, the past is irrelevant to the present when it comes to dealing with others. You have to deal with who they are now. So I don’t think it’s fair to conflate tattoo culture with the degradation of honor in martial arts. That’s like saying tattoo culture made nba players more violent. It didn’t. There were far more brawls back in the day. Tattoo culture had no impact on martial arts. The meathead culture did.

I guess then we have a bit of difference in view of what is meant by 'martial art'. There are for example things even in war settings like the Geneva convention to safeguard some standards of conduct, not desecrating bodies etc or causing unecessary suffering.
This is a modern equivalent of the bushido code also. So we dont lose our humanity and turn into animals. You see it in any well trained military today also in the comardarie and courage, self discipline etc which are mostly good and mutually reinforcing attributes.

The martial way and art includes the mindset and mentality also, not just the techniques. I believe also it makes you a more effective fighter because the base mentality is stronger and based on respect.

The 'bad guys' in mma are seldom champions or do well for long as it is a weakness, Rockhold and his ego problems are an example.
The ones who excel tend to embody the martial budo mindset. The Fedors, Anderson Silvas, Coutures, Moussasi they all have this it is clear.

Fedor vs Alex Emalianenko is good example of the contrast when one has the martial Budo mindset and one does not.

So it is a loss that nowadays so many scumbags are being taught the techniques, it is just like arming lowlifes with weapons this was a concern when Asian arts were spread more widely to begin with that this part would be lost but it was probably inevitable to a degree.

Last edited:
Back