Springfield XD-9 subcompact

muscleshart-

can i ask why you eliminated the subcompact glock? not that a springfield xd's aren't great guns(sorry for the double negative), but to me, glocks kind of set the standard for "bang for the buck" and reliability as soon as they were released. springfield followed suit, but to me they're playing follow the leader. maybe that's an inaccurate assessment, but i'm a glock diehard, and i've had stovepipes in a sig p225, hk usp 45 (full size), and 1911. and none of the guns were limpwristed.

the only stovepipe i've seen with a g19 was a buddy limpwristing the gun + a weak round.

my go-to at this point is the g19 with hogue. a buddy just got me a lasermax which i may or may not use regularly, and i'm definitely putting ameriglo operator pro night sights on there before im done. after that i'm thinking of a g30, but the lack of a rail makes me hesitate.

The glock just didn't feel right in my hand. I also like the xd9's mag release. It is much easier as a lefty.

Somebody else mentioned the Kel-tec. I originally went to get one, but I was told that they had some reliability issues.

I will try a couple of different IWBs for my G19. I do want another handgun, so that plays a part in the decision.

Finally, I only shoot 9mm. I don't like to have to worry about what caliber I'm picking up. If I was starting over, I might choose the .40, but I like the idea of sticking with one caliber, and I'm too far along with the 9mm.

They don't make G19 in anything other than 9x19.

My XD is the standard in .40. I enjoy it. I've never had it jam on me, actually. No problems at all. Good gun.

I have the XD Subcompact in .40 and love it, as well.

I did spend some time with various Glocks before I made my purchase, but I preferred the grip angle and dual-safety of the XD. Don't think you can really go wrong either way, though.

Back